HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2001, 10:38 PM
rcdreamer
n/a Posts
help

OK I have made the change to electric. I bought a Quattro lite TX anr RX but it does not have a RX battery. I will try to fly the HObby lobby wingo. WHat else do I need to buy, WHat kind of battery shuld I get for the RX?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2001, 11:20 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
I have never heard of a Quattro Lite. Who is it made by?

Dave
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old Jun 20, 2001, 12:54 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,498 Posts
Dave, The Quatro Lite is a JR radio, I saw one at my LHS the other day out of the corner of my eye.

RC Dreamer, for the Wingo you will need two micro servos and a 7-8 cell battery pack of about 600mah capacity (rough estimate, but lots of guys are running higher capacity packs in theirs)

The speed control for the Wingo will need to be at least a 10 amp speed control, and with the speed control you won't need a separate reciever pack.

I suggest one of the Jeti Speed controls, or a Castle Creations Pixie 14.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 20, 2001, 06:04 AM
Novara ,ITALY
Joined Sep 1999
522 Posts
Make sure that the controller has got the BEC function, otherwise you will need a separate battery. It may not be so obvious for newcomers...

Have a look at the FAQ (top of page), if you have no experience in electric power it will help you a lot!

[This message has been edited by Giacomo (edited 06-20-2001).]
Giacomo is offline Find More Posts by Giacomo
Old Jun 24, 2001, 01:23 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,498 Posts
Usually the smaller speed controls have a BEC but then again, I've seen people use a speed control on a speed 400 that was meant for a speed 600-700. Some BEC's can be disabled, like the BEC on a Jeti 10 amp ESC, just use a jumper on the end of the case.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor