HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2014, 07:00 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Mini-Review
S500 Quadcopter frame review

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I haven't seen any reviews for my new quadcopter frame. So here it goes....
I really like this frame, it is VERY strong! In comparison to the other DJI clone frames, this one is of very high quality, and if you get the integrated version, you get the ability to solder your XT60 or T connectors directly to the bottom plate. You also get carbon rods impregnated into the arms, I have heard that some of the cheaper (glass fibre) versions not having the carbon rods in the arms.

All up it is easy to build, and the legs provided are strong, they are a bit floppy when twisting the frame on a flat surface, but they are easy to land on.

The only complaint I have with the frame is that it doesnt have another mounting tray for FPV/camera gear. There are plenty of holes at the front to mount a plate to the frame, but it seems to be a little floppy when I put my GoPro mount on there.

P.S. *****This is NOT the Hobbyking S500 frame, this one came from Ebay*****
VVV Here are the pics VVV
llambkin is offline Find More Posts by llambkin
Last edited by llambkin; Jul 11, 2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added P.S.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2014, 05:57 PM
What goes up... Will crash!
United States, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Jan 2012
216 Posts
Hi, what motors are you using on this rig?
wdog is offline Find More Posts by wdog
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:12 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Sunnysky 980kv x2212
llambkin is offline Find More Posts by llambkin
Old Today, 06:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
90 Posts
Nice mate. I have same frame...

How long are you flying with these motors? I have the same motors too. What is you s500 weight?

I am using theses motors in a f450 with 10 inch carbon prop 3s setup. Total weight is 1kg with 2200 battery and i can fly hard for 10 minutes.. This motors is a beast. plenty of power.
pilotonovato is offline Find More Posts by pilotonovato