SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2014, 07:21 AM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Discussion
question about v911 tx

Hello everyone!
I just ordered a v911 heli as my second heli (bought my first one this Xmas which is a mjx f45) and I had a question about the transmitter. On the v911 can you change the stick orientation? Meaning can u make the right stick the throttle as opposed to the left? I want my controls for my two helis to have the same control scheme so when I fly one then fly the other the controls are the same. I'm new to flying so if I have to change my f45 orientation I can do so now. Also what is the most common stick orientation on most helis (throttle on which stick).. Basically my v911 will be my practice/rainy day/too cold/too hot/don't wanna go outside heli. Thank you all and I blame this forum for my new addiction to rc helis lol
LtGhost08 is offline Find More Posts by LtGhost08
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:54 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtGhost08 View Post
Hello everyone!
I just ordered a v911 heli as my second heli (bought my first one this Xmas which is a mjx f45) and I had a question about the transmitter. On the v911 can you change the stick orientation? Meaning can u make the right stick the throttle as opposed to the left? I want my controls for my two helis to have the same control scheme so when I fly one then fly the other the controls are the same. I'm new to flying so if I have to change my f45 orientation I can do so now. Also what is the most common stick orientation on most helis (throttle on which stick).. Basically my v911 will be my practice/rainy day/too cold/too hot/don't wanna go outside heli. Thank you all and I blame this forum for my new addiction to rc helis lol
I think 95% ( Helipal web site ) of the market is in mode 2, throttle left, rudder (tail) left, cyclic ( ail, elev) right. Because your F45 is easy to transform, do it, it is a priority that your heli work the same way .

p.s. the older version of F45 name the flying mode badly on the transmitter.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:56 AM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Can the v911 remote be changed to mode 1? I'm assuming mode 1 is throttle on right stick
Old Jan 11, 2014, 09:33 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
684 Posts
Quote:
Can the v911 remote be changed to mode 1? I'm assuming mode 1 is throttle on right stick
No, unless you open it and switch the controls. I did it 2 times for coax. helis, from mode 3? to mode 2, one was relatively easy to change but the other was a 2 hrs soldering and fixing. I never opened a 911 transmitter but it is possible if you have the skill. Try your question on the V911 review, if it's not already done, may be someone did it. You can also buy a v911 transmitter in mode 1 for 17$, or a programmable transmitter for around 45$, a big improvement.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:16 AM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
How do I find the forum on the v911
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:13 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
684 Posts
Quote:
How do I find the forum on the v911
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:36 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
Thank you!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:20 PM
Yoyoer trying to fly.
Indonesia, Jogja
Joined Dec 2013
70 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027
I think most people are going with mode 2. I assume the reason being cyclics is harder than throttle+rudder, therefore right handed people might find it more comfortable with the cyclics being in the right hand. With most FP helis this is not too apparent since they are easy to fly, but with CP helis maintaining the cyclics is harder and require more concentration while the throttle and rudder should be second nature (sorta), hence cyclics in the right... just my opinion though.
Did you fly f45 in mode 1 because you find it more comfortable that way, or you choose it without knowing that mode 2 is more common? If you find it easier going with mode 1 I suggest buying the mode 1 tx, but if it's an "accident" choice then I suggest trying mode 2 exclusively for a week, and then decide which mode to go afterwards.
Rizkiyoist is offline Find More Posts by Rizkiyoist
Old Jan 11, 2014, 02:01 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
I mainly chose mode 1 (right throttle) because it was closest to the set up of a ps3 controller while playing a fps. Made sense in my head. So forward\backward\left\right movement in a game on left stick and look up/down (like throttle) and turn left\right on right stick. Seemed to make sense in my head. Also I am right handed. But I don't really want to pay more money for a new controller for this hell to get mode 1
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:20 PM
Joined Apr 2012
260 Posts
Welcome to the RC heli addiction. Now sell all your stuff and buy helis....

If you live in USA I`d recommend getting used to mode 2. It`s what`s used here and anywhere you go to fly somebody else`s heli or plane, it`ll be on mode 2.
Also, any RTF you buy here will probably come with a mode 2 TX that you can`t switch over. One exception is the Nine Eagles TX. It has an easy "flip over the antenna" way of switching modes, but it has its own protocol and only works with Nine Eagles helis. I believe mode 1 is used in Asia, and some parts of Europe.
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:36 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
I switched my f45 controls today but it was too windy to fly. Can't wait to get my v911 so I can actually fly something!! Gah!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 01:45 AM
Yoyoer trying to fly.
Indonesia, Jogja
Joined Dec 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG29Fulcrum View Post
Welcome to the RC heli addiction. Now sell all your stuff and buy helis....
why is this so true
Rizkiyoist is offline Find More Posts by Rizkiyoist
Old Jan 14, 2014, 02:36 PM
Joined Dec 2013
98 Posts
I believe it. I'm already searching for a 6 channel I will want when I'm ready