SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2013, 11:35 AM
United States, ME, Ellsworth
Joined Dec 2006
10 Posts
Joke
True story

Not kidding, I actually overheard this. This is not meant as a group attack. Just retelling what happened.

Sitting in a waiting room, overheard a mom tell her daughter (around 8-10 years old) : "that little boy needs a dunce cap", gesturing towards a boy across the room.
The daughter asked what a dunce cap was so the mom explained. The daughter then said so dunce is another word for stupid? The mom responded: "yes, there are a lot of words that mean stupid...like dumb or idiot, moron, slow, liberal."

I could not stop laughing for about 5 minutes.
TheHud is offline Find More Posts by TheHud
Old Dec 09, 2013, 11:32 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
It just only shows how Stupid, dumb, idiotic, moronic and slow and stuck-up the mom is. Proof she was a conservative.

Now that's funny.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Dec 09, 2013, 05:17 PM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,077 Posts
I overheard this one last week. The Chief and I flew in to Phoenix on our way to Palm Springs so she could attend a seminar. Due to head winds our flight was half an hour late. I went to customer service to try and get our connecting flight held for five minutes so we could board (it was a long shot, I admit). I get there and there is one person in line and when I explained my situation she told me she "just had a quick question" and would not let my go ahead of her.

So, her question? "How do I order things from the magazine?" She also asked "How come they do not carry the items on the plane? Why should I have to wait to get them?"

We did miss the flight, but they did let us on the next one, which they held for other connecting flights (sigh).
martimer is online now Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2013, 04:38 PM
Helicopter Pilot
Junction City, KS
Joined Sep 2004
676 Posts
Back in 2011 the wife and I were going on a vacation to the Caribean. There was a winter storm in full swing and the aircraft had mechanical problems, so we were sitting on the tarmac for over 2 hours. The wife overheard the lady in front of us calling the airline to let them know that the flight was delayed, and they needed to hold her luggage for her at the destination airport.

Regardless of your political affiliations, you just need to remember that these people actually vote (and reproduce, which eventually lead to more of them).

Rafael
Rafael23cc is offline Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:29 AM
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
306 Posts
Flying home today out of John Wayne I was in the line for United. They have a policy that you can't check baggage when it is within 45 minutes of departure. As is always the case, when the day after Christmas falls on a weekday, the traffic and lines at the airport are bad. I arrived with ample time and had to wait in line, just like everyone else, for about 25 minutes. A couple behind me were a little behind schedule, as evidenced by the incessant complaining of the large woman to the (obviously) hen pecked man. They were quickly approaching their 45 minute window and there were still 15 people ahead of them when a pleasant woman with two small, well behaved, children stopped to fill out her baggage tags. The unpleasant woman proceeded to snap at her saying that she needed to move along as she was in a hurry and the other woman was holding up the line. I said " Oh man your right we'll never catch up now, they are like 5 feet ahead of us." That got a chuckle out of the lady in front and daggers and from the lady... woman... ogress behind. The complaining continued with the main theme being she shouldn't have to go through all this as it wasn't her fault the traffic was bad and her dad paid a lot of money for these tickets. The best part was that she missed the deadline and was told that she could either leave the bags or get a later flight as the bags had to be on the same plane.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Old Jan 09, 2014, 01:28 AM
Joined Dec 2013
0 Posts
didn't know mothers could teach their children such things.

free pokies games no download
vanhorton is offline Find More Posts by vanhorton
Last edited by vanhorton; Jan 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:36 AM
Joined Jan 2014
0 Posts
“liberal”. She really said that huh? How funny!

http://www.onlinepokies.me/
angelkennedy is offline Find More Posts by angelkennedy
Last edited by angelkennedy; Mar 12, 2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 03:40 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,148 Posts
True story. During the fuss about Halley's Comet, a lot of people visited the Sydney Observatory, which also sold DVDs on the subject. In a crowded shop, an American woman ignored all the other people ahead of her, and yelled out "Service! What do I have to do to get looked after?"

The mood in the shop took a turn for the worst, and the shop assistant decided that getting the woman out quickly was the best solution. So she started out asking the woman about which zone she lived, as not all DVD players could play all DVDs.

The woman got angrier "Just give me the damn DVD -sheesh, you people".

A blue-rinsed matronly lady in the queue said. "Maybe I can offer some advice which might help you"
"Yeah what?"
The shop cracked up when the matronly lady said in a quiet voice "Go home"
Tonystott is online now Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Mar 11, 2014, 03:26 PM
United States, NJ, Browns Mills
Joined May 2005
1,837 Posts
Ouch, Tonystott.

But, having travelled a bit in Europe, courtesy of Uncle Sam's Air Force, I can't say I haven't seen that sort of behavior from several of my country-persons.

CD
Captain Dunsel is online now Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:09 PM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
United States, MN, Fairmont
Joined May 2013
1,788 Posts
At school in early January waiting for the bus home, and the bus is running late. 30 minutes later, we're all getting restless as the bus shows up, and one girl In a sweatshirt with the HOOD DOWN and shorts (this is -10 F weather people) yells to the bus driver, "GENE! IT'S YOUR FAULT MY EARS ARE FREEZING OFF AND IM SO COLD!!!" Some people
Ghjghj96 is online now Find More Posts by Ghjghj96
Old Mar 15, 2014, 05:23 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,148 Posts
Many years ago, my brother worked at an auto parts factory. Management renovated the floor workers' restrooms, inclkuding electric wall-mounted hand dryers.

No long afterwards, the women sent a deputation to management complaining that the dryers were "too far up the wall to be of any use"

There's a mental picture to leave you with....,.,
Tonystott is online now Find More Posts by Tonystott