Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:21 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Trader Rating: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampatexan View Post
I have an airplane listed as LPU - I got a PM from a guy saying he was interested, I replied and gave him my phone number. Yesterday he called in the morning and said he wanted the airplane and could he come get it tomorrow (Saturday) morning? I said sure, gave him directions to my house and said I would see him in the morning. We even discussed some of the other planes I have for sale and he said he was really interested in a couple of them and would probably buy them as well. He said he would be here about 10AM. Then, last night he sends me a text that says "I changed my mind about the ****" that's all - no explanation, nothing. Since I had cancelled some plans for this morning to make sure I was here to meet him, I was more than a little annoyed. Even a short explanation would have made it less so, but I didn't get one (even after I texted back and asked why he had changed his mind). Oh well, as someone else said, it happened, it's over --- so on to other things!

You may not want to invite people to your house and tell them what you have!!!!!! You don't know these people on here nor do you even know if they fly R/C or rip off houses for a living!!!!!! I always invite them to the local McDonalds or equivalent. Now he know were you live and that you play with expensive toys, this would bother me. Just a thought!
edge_pilot is online now Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:25 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,345 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot View Post
You may not want to invite people to your house and tell them what you have!!!!!! You don't know these people on here nor do you even know if they fly R/C or rip off houses for a living!!!!!! I always invite them to the local McDonalds or equivalent. Now he know were you live and that you play with expensive toys, this would bother me. Just a thought!
Cant live in fear. Neighbors and the whole town probably know way more about you and what it is you do for a hobby than you realize. I am not saying invite him into the home, but nothing wrong to invite him to the driveway.

I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I also have to stop myself at times, as we cant live in fear, or they win.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:38 AM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,329 Posts
Trader Rating: 96
I guess the only thing we can do is add them to our list of people not to deal with. I really think there should be a feedback available for deals agreed to but not followed through as a buyer. The seller doesn't have to use it at all, but can if they want to.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:03 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I also have to stop myself at times, as we cant live in fear, or they win.
Fear is an instinct. Trying to live without it is counter-productive. We fear for good reason, and using common sense to avoid those fears is the intelligent thing to do. Kid in this area got shot to death in his driveway over an ipod. A $100 IPOD.

Nothing wrong with being safe. It's a different world, nowadays.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:12 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,654 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Props,, too many incidents of people casing garages via craigslist ads etc. here in the Cleveland area.. Usually tools and Motorcycles.

I met Edge Pilot at said McDonalds when I bought a plane from him, didn't bother me a bit, both parties are protected. I meet guys at a neutral location also when I don't know them. There are a lot of places I'm not going to with a pocket of cash
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:24 AM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,210 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
from much experience never count on a done deal or get excitied till the item is in your hands, thiers some good ppl here and then thiers those others, you learn whos who in time
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Feb 03, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:44 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,500 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
Fear is an instinct. Trying to live without it is counter-productive. We fear for good reason, and using common sense to avoid those fears is the intelligent thing to do. Kid in this area got shot to death in his driveway over an ipod. A $100 IPOD.

Nothing wrong with being safe. It's a different world, nowadays.

+1 Caution is good.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:11 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
970 Posts
Trader Rating: 106
I had this happen 6 days 10 buyers in a row, it totally sucks but it happens. I'll take it what's your PayPal... then nothing

oh we'll it unfortunately happens... I just make a list
Helldiver is online now Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 7.... 3 Monitors! :)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:24 PM
United States, MA, Dennis
Joined Nov 2012
518 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
I have a retail store....( not this hobby)
"I'll call you right back"
"I'm going to think about it"
"I can get it for less at....."

I live this sh$& -and it's getting worse every year. I never count my chickens.

I'm about done with selling goods, it too much of a pain.
CCkiter is offline Find More Posts by CCkiter
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, MA, Dennis
Joined Nov 2012
518 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
I have a retail store....( not this hobby)
"I'll call you right back"
"I'm going to think about it"
"I can get it for less at....."

I live this sh$& -and it's getting worse every year. I never count my chickens.

I'm about done with selling goods, it too much of a pain.
CCkiter is offline Find More Posts by CCkiter