SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,447 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Thanks all for the advice. I'll post the ad next week once I have a chance to double check the kits (currently in storage).
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:56 AM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
624 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Don't be lured into a false sense of security with pp...they will NOT refund fees on this type of transaction...I know you are saying that both pay for each item, but I am telling ya from past experience that pp will NOT honor this type of transaction.
03svtsnakevert is online now Find More Posts by 03svtsnakevert
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,915 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert View Post
Don't be lured into a false sense of security with pp...they will NOT refund fees on this type of transaction...I know you are saying that both pay for each item, but I am telling ya from past experience that pp will NOT honor this type of transaction.
How would they know it's this type of transaction? Each of the two transactions involve different goods. The equal value is purely coincidental.
No harm, no foul.....and PP gets their cut. Who's to cry?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:53 AM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
624 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
How would they know it's this type of transaction? Each of the two transactions involve different goods. The equal value is purely coincidental.
No harm, no foul.....and PP gets their cut. Who's to cry?
Because when you file a claim pp is gonna want all transaction documentation and they will see it is a trade and they will not mediate
03svtsnakevert is online now Find More Posts by 03svtsnakevert
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
That's an interesting idea, swap a certain dollar amount to each other, then cross ship. If one scams the other, then a Paypal dispute is in order.

Now that's smart!
This seems like a lot of hassle to go through just to sell something!. I sell gold coins, and gold bars on another forum for $1,600-$1,700 and we don't have this kind of security. I don't even use PayPal my buyers send me 2 U.S. postal money orders and I ship same day payment is received. If you have to go through all this crap to sell a $200.00 item is not worth it. Just toss it on the shelf at home and forget it! this says a lot to me regarding some of your forum members here.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:19 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Because when you file a claim pp is gonna want all transaction documentation and they will see it is a trade and they will not mediate
The only way they'd see ALL transaction documentation is if both sides default.
On a TRADE. Wanna re-think yo' position there, podnuh?
I'm ROTFLMAO over here!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:32 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,914 Posts
Trader Rating: 620
Quote:
If that's an issue, I think the problem could be avoided by simply avoiding the word "trade". Instead sell each other the planes.
Use language like, "Dear XYZ, I'd like to buy your ABC for 700 simoleons." or something like that.
-J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
4,915 Posts
Perzackly what I meant in the original suggestion.
(Great minds heh heh hehhhh)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,862 Posts
Trader Rating: 382
I am sorry 03svtsnakevert that this type of transaction was not honored by PayPal.

Just because someone, some company, some bank states something and denies does not make it right nor legal.

Know your rights and apply them when needed.
For PayPal there are tons and tons of endless o so boring rules to read. After all, each and everyone of us that use PayPal has agreed to them. Right?

Educate yourself, Know your rights and be willing to apply them when needed.

Myself, I would challenge it and if so appeal the decision. Yup, this can by done by their own rules.

For those young and starting out, this same logic works almost everywhere in the Free World.

First defense, precisely where in the buyers protection policy does this state that this type of individual transaction is void of protection?
It doesn't it!

Two individuals work out a trade for equal value and use PayPal by means of two completely unique transactions. Notice each transaction has it's own "unique transaction ID #" and is not linked in anyway shape or form to another.
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member