SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
UH-1 Gunship, AH-1G jock 69-71
So Cal ... Kingdom of Taxes
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
Help!
Bought 6 NitroPlanes E-Retracts and NONE Work!

Item#: 60P-DY-1050-Eretract-4mm-90 Retract landing gear F4.0 90
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60p-dy-10...ct-4mm-90.html

I bought 6 of these to use for future projects a few months ago, my bad that I did not test them right away. When I pulled the first two out of the box and hooked then up to my Airtronics ch-5 2.4GHz 8-Ch Receiver via a Y Adapter and used an external NiMH battery to test (battery port ch8) with I got nothing but an occasional "twitch" from the pair of E-Retracts. NO up or down. I then tested the other 4 I had bought at the same time and the same - NOTHING. Just to be sure, I connected two PZ15091 e-retracts I bought from the HobbyPartz site and those WORKED with the same set up!

Conclusion, the 60P-DY-1050-Eretract-4mm-90 Retract landing gear F4.0 90 were bad right out of the box from NitroPlanes! I've triple checked all the connector orientations and I used other e-retracts before, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with setting them us and using e-retracts.

I am going to complain to NitroPlanes about this and they had better refund or replace these faulty 6 units!!

Anyone else had this problem with these particular e-retracts??

And yes I know the picture of the Bogus e-retracts are marked HobbyPartz, but NitroPlanes.com is the one that sells them.
makeitworst is offline Find More Posts by makeitworst
Last edited by makeitworst; Aug 11, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
A couple months ago while we were attending the AMA show, Airtronics actually came up to our both and talked to us about something like this. They said their FH-SS1 frequency won't work with our retracts but their FH-SS3 will. The retracts most likely are fine, do you have another radio that you can use to test them out with?

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:37 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
More talk about the retract problem.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=15
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
A couple months ago while we were attending the AMA show, Airtronics actually came up to our both and talked to us about something like this. They said their FH-SS1 frequency won't work with our retracts but their FH-SS3 will. The retracts most likely are fine, do you have another radio that you can use to test them out with?

-Charlie
Sorry Charlie, I have just tested them with my 72mhz Airtronics RD8000 Radio with two different Airtronics Rx', an 8 and a 7ch and they are not working! When plugged into the ch5 port the Gear Toggle does nothing, but when I swap in the two PZ15091 e-retracts I bought from the HobbyPartz site and those WORKED with the same set up!

Every once in a while all on their own, one will go up of down with nothing being touched on the Radio! As far as I can see, these E-retracts are bad.

I called Airtronics support in Fountain Valley (Global Distributing) and they agreed that there is something "odd" about these 60P-DY-1050-Eretract models you are selling, but everyone else's E-Retracts work fine with FH-SS1 radio's and I have to agree. These odd-ball ones of yours are flakey!

You have to agree, another brand you sell on a sister site, no problem with 2.4G or 72mhz Airtronics radio's, but these don't work with either radio types?!

I only use Airtronics radios, I have a lot of money invested in radios and RX's and I'm not switching just for some funky odd E-retracts that are picky about which radio brand they work with, IF they work at all. There is no disclaimer on your page about incompatibility with certain radios either.

I can't use them and I don't like having spent $55.61 for six retracts that are flakey.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitworst View Post
Sorry Charlie, I have just tested them with my 72mhz Airtronics RD8000 Radio with two different Airtronics Rx', an 8 and a 7ch and they are not working! When plugged into the ch5 port the Gear Toggle does nothing, but when I swap in the two PZ15091 e-retracts I bought from the HobbyPartz site and those WORKED with the same set up!

Every once in a while all on their own, one will go up of down with nothing being touched on the Radio! As far as I can see, these E-retracts are bad.

I called Airtronics support in Fountain Valley (Global Distributing) and they agreed that there is something "odd" about these 60P-DY-1050-Eretract models you are selling, but everyone else's E-Retracts work fine with FH-SS1 radio's and I have to agree. These odd-ball ones of yours are flakey!

You have to agree, another brand you sell on a sister site, no problem with 2.4G or 72mhz Airtronics radio's, but these don't work with either radio types?!

I only use Airtronics radios, I have a lot of money invested in radios and RX's and I'm not switching just for some funky odd E-retracts that are picky about which radio brand they work with, IF they work at all. There is no disclaimer on your page about incompatibility with certain radios either.

I can't use them and I don't like having spent $55.61 for six retracts that are flakey.
What is your order number for the retracts? I can have the RMA sent out to you so they can be returned for a refund. When they come back I'll have the retracts inspected.

-Charlie
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
What is your order number for the retracts? I can have the RMA sent out to you so they can be returned for a refund. When they come back I'll have the retracts inspected.

-Charlie
Thanks Charlie for handling this. You have to admit that this is very odd that these particular brand of E-Retracts is not compatible with the number 2 most popular brand of radios? From what I read on another forum thread, these are made by Airfield or Dynam from China?

I would gladly exchange them for the other brand that your sister company HobbyPartz carries (I already have 4 of those I bought from them last year), because they DO work with Airtronics ... but they are always out of stock. I know there is a about 20% higher price difference. So maybe these 6 in exchange for 4 #PZ15091?

My order number was 1724629. I am located down in Orange County (not too far from your facilities in LA area)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:52 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,682 Posts
Just for the sake of argument, can you plug them into a different brand radio to see if they work? I'm not saying change brands by any means, but I'm just curious to know if they behave the same way when plugged into a JR/Spektrum or Futaba radio. Do you have a flying buddy with one of those radios that you could test with?
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Just for the sake of argument, can you plug them into a different brand radio to see if they work? I'm not saying change brands by any means, but I'm just curious to know if they behave the same way when plugged into a JR/Spektrum or Futaba radio. Do you have a flying buddy with one of those radios that you could test with?
Sure, if you can send me another radio and matching RX, be happy to. Here in So Cal, being Global Dist's backyard (Sanwa's distributor), most of my friends use Airtronics too.

See, here's my point. I ONLY use Airtronics, like most other in our hobby (unless you have money falling out of your pockets) I don't feel like investing thousand $$ in 2, 3 or 4 different brands and their proprietary accessories and RX's and having learn operations every brand insists on using. Airtronics is the 2nd best selling brand on the market after Futaba, this is clearly NitroPlanes - i.e. Dynam / Airfield - problem for making a retract that is NOT compatible with a very popular radio; while I have never had any problems with other brands of Chinese or Taiwanese made E-Retracts. Again, their E-Retracts didn't even work with a 72mhz Airtronics RD8000!

I'll supply a shipping address when someone wants to donate another radio TX and RX just for testing.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,682 Posts
Quote:
Sure, if you can send me another radio and matching RX, be happy to. Here in So Cal, being Global Dist's backyard (Sanwa's distributor), most of my friends use Airtronics too.

See, here's my point. I ONLY use Airtronics, like most other in our hobby (unless you have money falling out of your pockets) I don't feel like investing thousand $$ in 2, 3 or 4 different brands and their proprietary accessories and RX's and having learn operations every brand insists on using. Airtronics is the 2nd best selling brand on the market after Futaba, this is clearly NitroPlanes - i.e. Dynam / Airfield - problem for making a retract that is NOT compatible with a very popular radio; while I have never had any problems with other brands of Chinese or Taiwanese made E-Retracts. Again, their E-Retracts didn't even work with a 72mhz Airtronics RD8000!

I'll supply a shipping address when someone wants to donate another radio TX and RX just for testing.
I wasn't asking you to "invest thousands of dollars" in having several radio brands; I asked if you had a friend who owned a radio system besides Airtronics that you could test them on. It appears that's not the case, since you said most of your friends own Airtronics radios. It's a moot point since you're going to go with different retracts, but I'm the kind of guy that wants to know the "why" when something doesn't work.

I thought it strange when you said that Airtronics was the #2 radio supplier... The vast majority of fliers in this area use JR/Spektrum, with Futaba a distant 2nd and Airtronics in a very far-off 3rd. I'm not turning this into a what's-the-best-radio-brand thread, but I guess since we're rather close to Champaign IL (home to both Horizon and Tower/Hobbico) is the reason why those brands are more popular. In our club of 60+ pilots, JR/Spektrum is by far the most popular... maybe on 10 of us own Futaba? And I know of only one pilot who has Airtronics... and a very nice one at that. Like you said, it's probably due to your close proximity to Global.

Anyway, was just trying to help. Good luck.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:36 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Charlie for handling this. You have to admit that this is very odd that these particular brand of E-Retracts is not compatible with the number 2 most popular brand of radios? From what I read on another forum thread, these are made by Airfield or Dynam from China?

I would gladly exchange them for the other brand that your sister company HobbyPartz carries (I already have 4 of those I bought from them last year), because they DO work with Airtronics ... but they are always out of stock. I know there is a about 20% higher price difference. So maybe these 6 in exchange for 4 #PZ15091?

My order number was 1724629. I am located down in Orange County (not too far from your facilities in LA area)
Sending you a PM.

-Charlie
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
So where is my Refund??

Quote:
Sending you a PM.

-Charlie
Hey Charlie!

I sent the 6 ERtracts back to your office last week and they were delivered on 8/24 at 10:09AM and I STILL have not seen a Refund as you promised to my Discover card!! How about my refund??? Return shipping was $5.05 USPS.

a copy and past from USPS Notification:

This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

KEITH B *********** has requested that you receive a Track & Confirm update, as shown below.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 9405 5036 9930 0114 7615 99

Service Type: Priority Mail Delivery Confirmation

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered LA PUENTE CA 91747 08/24/12 10:09am
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:07 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
I checked on the order and you filed a charge back on the order with your credit card company. You should of gotten back $55.61 on the order.

-Charlie
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
I checked on the order and you filed a charge back on the order with your credit card company. You should of gotten back $55.61 on the order.

-Charlie
I have not received any "Charge Back" as of today, they are waiting for you to make the refund + the return Shipping ($5.05) you promised. It is only at the "dispute stage". I suggest that you check with Discover Card to verify. I'd like my refund, please.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:12 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
I have not received any "Charge Back" as of today, they are waiting for you to make the refund + the return Shipping ($5.05) you promised. It is only at the "dispute stage". I suggest that you check with Discover Card to verify. I'd like my refund, please.
Please cancel the dispute with your Discover card. We have a 30 day return policy and I already made the exception to allow the RMA to have the retracts returned. As for the refund we won't be able to process it till the dispute has been canceled since your credit card company can still process the refund for the $55.61 even after we have issued you the refund for the retracts. As you can see from the tracking we got the retracts back on Friday and on the same day we already received notification that you have filed a dispute with your credit card company. At the moment we can't do much for the order since we don't want process the refund and still have your credit card company issue the refund.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99300114761599

-Charlie
Last edited by RaidenCharlie; Aug 31, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Nov 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
Please cancel the dispute with your Discover card. We have a 30 day return policy and I already made the exception to allow the RMA to have the retracts returned. As for the refund we won't be able to process it till the dispute has been canceled since your credit card company will still process the refund for the $55.61 even after we have issued you the refund for the retracts. As you can see from the tracking we got the retracts back on Friday and on the same day we already received notification that you have filed a dispute with your credit card company. At the moment we can't do much for the order since we don't want process the refund and still have your credit card company issue the refund.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99300114761599

-Charlie
I just spoke with the agent at the disputes department at Discover Card and she said what you wrote is just NOT true. She said as long as NitroPlanes processes a refund that Discover receives by September 12th midnight, they will automatically close the dispute and no double refund will be made. She said this time period is very FAIR for your company to complete the refund process. They advised me not to close the dispute, which it is ONLY in an investigative process at present - giving NP time to make the good faith refund.

The Discover Agent suggested that you call them at "Merchant Services" 1800-347-2000 and have it explained to you. This is getting very disappointing to me, your accounting dept should know how things work with the credit card companies. Please tell them to get their knowledge straightened out. I'd like my refund already, please.