HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:08 PM
Joined Jan 2008
126 Posts
Looks like a bad motor.

It sounded a little different when spinning the motors on the bench. It will spin when I loosen the prop but not with the prop tightened. I will be posting a question on the main MR forum to see if I can get some trouble shooting help with the bad motor.
photopilot is offline Find More Posts by photopilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:51 PM
Joined May 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
Check out the CLI variables: throttle_correction_value, throttle_correction_angle.
https://github.com/multiwii/baseflig.../CLI-Variables
These help to maintain altitude when the copter tilts.
Hi Waltr, thanks for taking the trouble in replying. I can't pretend I understand CLI Variables but according to my CLI, my correction value is = 0 and my correction angle is = 800. Does this make any sense to you?
Theflackie is offline Find More Posts by Theflackie
Old Today, 02:17 PM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theflackie View Post
Hi Waltr, thanks for taking the trouble in replying. I can't pretend I understand CLI Variables but according to my CLI, my correction value is = 0 and my correction angle is = 800. Does this make any sense to you?
Yep, those are the defaults. Zero amount of throttle correction for tilt angles from 0 to 80.0.
Try a starting value of 40 in " correction value" then fly and see if it helps enough.

But as someone else posted you still need to learn to fly a quad which takes lots and lots of practice.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Today, 02:24 PM
United States, VA
Joined Sep 2013
2,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photopilot View Post
I like to know more about the set parameters other than just experimenting to see what the outcomes are for each change. Is there a manual for baseline configurator so I can have a better clue when making changes?

Never mind. I went back to the CLI and set
mincommand=1000
minthrottle=1020
Now all motors start up at 1063, time to throw props back on and see how it goes. One other thing I noticed is on the How to set a naze 32 youtube video. When the guy set mincommand to 1050 the motor testing tab still showed 1000 as the min on motor slider on mine setting the mincommand to 1050 or even 1980 set those numbers as the low number on the motor slider.

I am still wondering why the one motor did not spin up before. Heading back out to test it with the props and transmitter. Will report back how it goes.
I think you're confusing the usage of mincommand. Its just the level outputted to the ESCs on start-up and possibly at idle/disarm. It should always be set close to 1000 otherwise it could trigger something like programming mode on the ESCs.

The mincommand is also used to calibrate the ESCs if necessary. A mincommand above the ESCs maximum will put it into calibration / program mode when battery power is applied.

Quote:
I think those settings may deal with the altitude hold feature... and not altitude for general flight. 800 would be a limit of 80deg to start the correction. Since there is no correction value... nothing is triggered.

See this thread for more information about those settings:
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4944

For your specific problem of holding altitude in forward flight (I think that was the original question). That seems normal... typically the multirotor will lose altitude because you're shiftng from all thrust in the vertical direction to slightly angled. Try increasing the throttle during lengthy forward flight.
KC_703 is online now Find More Posts by KC_703
Old Today, 05:31 PM
Joined May 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
Yep, those are the defaults. Zero amount of throttle correction for tilt angles from 0 to 80.0.
Try a starting value of 40 in " correction value" then fly and see if it helps enough.

But as someone else posted you still need to learn to fly a quad which takes lots and lots of practice.
Understand, thank you for the info. I will not be able to fly until Monday now but I will do as you suggest and report back.

Cheers
Theflackie is offline Find More Posts by Theflackie
Old Today, 07:53 PM
United States, IL, Naperville
Joined May 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
I need help and advice. I have the following mini quad:

Frame Hammer Mini H Quad v3.0 240mm
Motor Emax 1806 2280KV
Props HQ Prop 5x4
ESC Emax Simonk Series 12A
Control Board FULL Naze 32 flight controller
Battery 3S 1800 25C Zippy
Radio Equip Futaba T8J

I can take off and the quad will move around slightly but nothing I cannot correct with small stick movements. However, when I feed in pitch, roll or bank to start flying, the quad looses height and that's when my problems begin. I spend the rest of the flight trying to control the altitude. Looks like it tethered to a bungy!! I am using stock settings in the Baseflight Config.
Be sure, if using the Baro mode, you must have the barometer covered with foam to protect it both from prop wash and light.
Here is how we do it on an APM, which has a similar barometer:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1069
HeliRick is online now Find More Posts by HeliRick
Old Today, 07:54 PM
KG5AWQ
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
635 Posts
Got a big tuning problem with my naze acro on a blackout hex : at high throttle it pitches forward pretty bad and in fast forward flight the elevator control gets real mushy.

Things I've tried - various looptimes, verifying all motors start at the same value, calibrating the acc. checking that ele is centered at 1500 value and tuning the pitch value up and down.

Despite my best efforts it consistently pitches forward at high throttle. In forward flight I always have to pull back big time to prevent the hex from frot flipping.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Michael
guaglione87 is online now Find More Posts by guaglione87