SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:01 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Tom, do you happen to have any 20c batteries? Just want to know if they will even work with 9t.
I tried the Oversky 400mah linear 20C battery. It worked good and provided long
flight time even though it is a heavy battery. Wouldn't try 3D with this battery though.
For maximum head speed and power 25C or higher would be the best to use.
For normal non 3D flying 20C should be good to use for the stock or C05 motor.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
I received my 350mah 25c batteries and 300mah 35c nanotechs today and I had to swap the wires on the nano tech ones, the plug is correct though, just the wrong polarity. The 350s fit nicely, but the nanotechs do not, has anyone else used them and found a way to fit them? Unfortunately I'm waiting on a tail motor as I believe mine burned out. The heli would start spinning out of control after any rapid pitch movement and touching the tail motor burned my hand.

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
I received my 350mah 25c batteries and 300mah 35c nanotechs today and I had to swap the wires on the nano tech ones, the plug is correct though, just the wrong polarity. The 350s fit nicely, but the nanotechs do not, has anyone else used them and found a way to fit them? Unfortunately I'm waiting on a tail motor as I believe mine burned out. The heli would start spinning out of control after any rapid pitch movement and touching the tail motor burned my hand.

Ben
A couple of layers of electrical tape until its a snug fit.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:27 PM
Registered User
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
if they are to small, a piece of velcro works (the soft side) just a little piece is all that is needed.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
The UP-02 is now available at hobbyone.hk. If you have no idea what this is then I will tell you. Walkera made updates available for all radios. I have a Devo 7 and went to their website to download the new updates. In their update software there was a .pdf that had said "to update your Devo 7 you will need the UP-02 dongle" I loooked in my Minicp rtf box with Devo7 and there is no UP-02!
I contacted Walkera and there reply was " the dongle will be available soon". I could not believe they had a update available but no way to use it. 3-10-12 is when I emailed Walkera, they just responded today.

So here is the new dongle


Its going to cost 16.00 + 18.77 for for the cheapest shipping rate to Michigan according to hobbyone.hk site!. I would think the official updater dongle should be free or a little cheaper.

I opened up the DEvo 7 to do a pinout, here is more info http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=260
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Apr 05, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:33 AM
The flightless bird
jameschen072's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Hey guys,
The Mini CP has really taught me a lot, stepping up from FP helis couldnt have been smoother..however..I've ran into a very weird problem that I can't seem to dial out.
The heli is perfect in normal flight, but in stunt mode..it wouldn't hold it's tail.. I think it has enough power to climb out inverted but I can't control it since the rudder won't hold at all...
Please help this CP noob. I appreciate it! =]
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:02 AM
Registered User
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Servo saver orings

On the GCP and Mini CP after some expirementing I have found that the #005 Buna 70 orings from oringsandmore.com to be a good compromise between too little and too much tension for the arms.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/servlet...-Orings/Detail

I also have some Buna 90's #005 but am currently stricken with a back problem that only allows me to lay on my back. Am awaiting back surgery and will test them the moment I can get off this danged floor.

At the cheap prices you may want to get several sizes to try out as I did.

As always, YMMV

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I forgot, which orings do we use for the pmmerrit oring mod? I have them and the mod works great. Just forgot what number they are. Buna ??????
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:23 AM
Registered User
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
I believe they are the Buna 90 003's which are too small for the servo arm. I could get it on the arm but felt it was too tight and wouldn't slip. However, if you got them on and they slip then maybe they do work.

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:20 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
I finally got around to setting up my TX. I popped in tom z's settings for intermediate/advanced into the devo 7 ( which isnt that bad to program really ). WOW! This is not the same heli I was flying, headspeed seems to be higher, pitch is higher, expo was added and it just flies so smooth, but with a TON more power for pitch pumps, etc. Im about to fly another battery through it and try ST1 and see If I can invert it.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Afloyed, I felt that rudder imput was very slow with tomz settings. You should try mannys settings. If you move a stick with his settings then the heli moves and it moves fast! I think tom had the rudder expo like 120 to line. Try DR125 and expo -70 for the rudder. For some reason it seems everyone has this really slow tail in there settings. I wish i knew what all the settings mean in the expo menu on my devo 7. I dont understand why a -70 makes quicker movements then "line" What is Line?

Everyone want their piroutte to be blazing fast? Then use 125 dual rate -70expo under dual rates for rudder position 0. Superfast!
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:54 PM
nac
Registered User
nac's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
954 Posts
Greetings guys,

I'm a newbie to the 3D mico heli scene. I have been flying 3D fixed wing for a while, and in the past tried a trex450 with mixed results. While I was able to hover around I never really progressed to nose in hover etc.

I just received the Easter package from rc911.com which included the mini CP, Devo 8s, four lipos and a few other bits.
The quality seems very good and I haven't found any major problems. a few things I addressed:-
The main shaft has a mm or so slop.
The main/pinion gears had too much slop.
The lipos where hard to slid in/out as the tape would catch.
The handle on the DEVO 8S stuck out too far for my case, so I reversed it (see pic).
Updated the firmware in the 8S.
Added some hot glue to the coil.

I haven't modified the servo arms, is it really required?

I am now having fun!!! trying to program the radio, there are lots of settings posted but I'm unsure which ones to use.

I haven't progressed to 3D as yet so still sport flying. As it is now I find that the heli needs lot or correction/work to keep it in place also the tail is very slow to rotate. I think the previous post by mescalinedream may solve the rudder, I'll try that today.
Any tips on setup would be very much appreciated please?

Happy Easter.
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nac View Post
Greetings guys,

I'm a newbie to the 3D mico heli scene. I have been flying 3D fixed wing for a while, and in the past tried a trex450 with mixed results. While I was able to hover around I never really progressed to nose in hover etc.

I just received the Easter package from rc911.com which included the mini CP, Devo 8s, four lipos and a few other bits.
The quality seems very good and I haven't found any major problems. a few things I addressed:-
The main shaft has a mm or so slop.
The main/pinion gears had too much slop.
The lipos where hard to slid in/out as the tape would catch.
The handle on the DEVO 8S stuck out too far for my case, so I reversed it (see pic).
Updated the firmware in the 8S.
Added some hot glue to the coil.

I haven't modified the servo arms, is it really required?

I am now having fun!!! trying to program the radio, there are lots of settings posted but I'm unsure which ones to use.

I haven't progressed to 3D as yet so still sport flying. As it is now I find that the heli needs lot or correction/work to keep it in place also the tail is very slow to rotate. I think the previous post by mescalinedream may solve the rudder, I'll try that today.
Any tips on setup would be very much appreciated please?

Happy Easter.
For the main shaft, take off the skids and make sure your main gear is pressed on all the way, if it is lower the collar on the main shaft so there is no slop. For the lipos, I had that same issue. There is a plastic ring thing around it that you need to take off, not the tape that covers the battery but more of a plastic.

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:30 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Afloyed, I felt that rudder imput was very slow with tomz settings. You should try mannys settings. If you move a stick with his settings then the heli moves and it moves fast! I think tom had the rudder expo like 120 to line. Try DR125 and expo -70 for the rudder. For some reason it seems everyone has this really slow tail in there settings. I wish i knew what all the settings mean in the expo menu on my devo 7. I dont understand why a -70 makes quicker movements then "line" What is Line?

Everyone want their piroutte to be blazing fast? Then use 125 dual rate -70expo under dual rates for rudder position 0. Superfast!
Yea the rudder is a little slow. A line = 0.

negative expo increases the rate of piros, positive expo slows them down. I do agree that the tail needs to be faster, the piros are too slow. Im going to put -30% expo on the rudder instead of +30%. This will speed it up quite a bit.

edit : Toms setting called for -2% expo. I put it on -30% expo and the rudder is slightly faster. Also decreased positive expo on the aileron and throttle ( i think ) to +20%.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Last edited by afloyd82; Apr 05, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:43 PM
nac
Registered User
nac's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
954 Posts
Oh another small issue, when enabling the low battery warning on the internal 5V it seems to constantly beep, so I had to turn it off. I think the V1 works though. Any one else find that?
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9799 Jul 11, 2014 12:28 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 14 Apr 15, 2014 12:24 PM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 11:38 AM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 07:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM