SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Jan 2011
81 Posts
one fly today

WL V911 Micro Helicopter VS Trex 600 pro (6 min 21 sec)

imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
... also took a video of the 9958 and the v911 flying indoors. can you see the difference between them :O
it is quite long and boring to watch, skip to the end for deleted scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDCjocEl8_A
That was some pretty good flying on the V911 ... it handles pretty good IMO, maybe better than any 4-ch heli it's size. Got going into a semi-syco frenzy there ... almost seemed like a giant 8-inch pissed off hornet in the room !!!
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Sep 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazer51 View Post
When I emailed Banggood to ask why my order, placed on 1/4/12, was still marked as "processing," I got this reply:

I am sorry for the delay of your order.

This item in your order is out of stock at the moment.we
can't repenlish it at the moment, cause factory is closed
to prepare for their China Tranditional Spring Festival.

We would like to give you a refund first, hope you can
understand.

Happy new year!

Since I already have a ton of v911 parts on their way from MyRCart (recently arrived in US), I'm just going to have to wait for the helicopter.
No, you don't have to. I just ordered one from here -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/250967748634...84.m1439.l2649
jjacks is online now Find More Posts by jjacks
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:05 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynyte View Post
Greetings. Several-week lurker here. Time to join up!

I just received a V911 helicopter from Banggood.com, and I'm pretty disappointed. I'm getting about 1 minute of flight time before forward flight no longer works. The servo just stops moving.

I haven't contacted Banggood about the situation yet. Any ideas?

Also, I also have to crank the forward/backward and crab trims all the way to keep the heli from zooming backward and right when it takes off. The chopper still isn't trimmed quite right.

Thanks for any advice, men. So far, I'm wishing I'd saved my money.

Check to make sure the collar with the 4 balls on it that sits on top of the swash plate is seated all the say down into the swash plate bearing.
That collar can pop up and out of the swash plate from crashes, and when that happens the heli will not fly correctly, and you'll need lots of trim. Just carefully push the collar with the 4 balls back down to seat it back into the swash plate bearing.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Greetings. Several-week lurker here. Time to join up!

I just received a V911 helicopter from Banggood.com, and I'm pretty disappointed. I'm getting about 1 minute of flight time before forward flight no longer works. The servo just stops moving.

I haven't contacted Banggood about the situation yet. Any ideas?

Also, I also have to crank the forward/backward and crab trims all the way to keep the heli from zooming backward and right when it takes off. The chopper still isn't trimmed quite right.

Thanks for any advice, men. So far, I'm wishing I'd saved my money.
The trimming can be fixed easily enough by twisting the control linkages to lengthen or shorten the pushrods as needed. Just look at what the servos do when you trim them properly and emulate that with the pushrod adjustment.

As for the servo quitting at one minute.. does this happen with both batteries? Does the servo actually stop working or does the helicopter just not move forward? It doesn't move forward at all or just not as fast?

Are your swashplate parts pressed together as they should be?
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
44 Posts
Damo666: Well, it sounds like you're being reasonable. Like I said, I haven't contacted Banggood yet because I'm not even sure how to begin. The chopper flies for about 1 minute, then it simply doesn't have the power to move the servos that control forward and backward flight with any consistency. If you hold the heli up to your ear and push the directional stick forward, you can hear a little buzz as it tries to move a servo -- but nothing moves. The flight times seem really short, too. Is it possible that it just shipped with bad batteries?
Flybynyte is offline Find More Posts by Flybynyte
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
If it's batteries, the heli couldn't stay in the air before the servos quit working.

It sounds more like a bad servo or something is binding.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:13 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
Are your swashplate parts pressed together as they should be?
I've noticed that the top collar with the 4 balls on it that sits on the swash plate moves up and out of the inner race of the bearing quite easily due to crashing. As it pops up off the swash plate, the heil will not handle correctly until the collar is re-seated.

Might have to glue it in so I don't have to constantly ensure it's seated well ... either that, or stop crashing. LOL!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
The chopper flies for about 1 minute, then it simply doesn't have the power to move the servos that control forward and backward flight with any consistency. If you hold the heli up to your ear and push the directional stick forward, you can hear a little buzz as it tries to move a servo -- but nothing moves. The flight times seem really short, too. Is it possible that it just shipped with bad batteries?
So there is enough battery power to keep the heli hovering for many minutes after the servos stop working? If so, then it's not the battery as adjangs mentioned.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:21 PM
Magyarország, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Miskolc
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Banggood's website says: "InStock Shipping in 24 Hours."

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...r-p-36779.html

Not sure it that's true or not. I tired to order some other items from Banggood and even though it said the item was "In Stock" on their website, it was back ordered and Banggood just automatically refunded the price to my PayPal without me even asking - which I found strange.

It would really help out customers if Banggood keep their website up to date about what's in stock and what's not. It would also reduce all the work their Customer Service people would have to constantly answering emails about items on back order.
Tha Banggood said two days ago:

"Dear Tamas, million thanks for your great support and high praise. There are no stock in China, but there are v911 in stock in American. When did you order this item. The item will be shipped in 48 hours. Chinese New Year holiday begins from Jan. 21st to Jan. 28th. The package will leave from American. We think you will receive your items soon. If you still worries about it, please tell us your order number. We will check it and inform you the newest information."
csomi2 is offline Find More Posts by csomi2
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:36 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Wow, you have made me ill...
Not only do you have a working V911 but you know how to fly it too

How long have you been flying these things?
got the xieda 9958 end of december, the v911 last week
I have got a Mikrokopter for a couple of years though, which is a FP heli in the end

Quote:
That was some pretty good flying on the V911 ... it handles pretty good IMO, maybe better than any 4-ch heli it's size. Got going into a semi-syco frenzy there ... almost seemed like a giant 8-inch pissed off hornet in the room !!!
none of you watched beyond 12:00 then haha

this thing not only flies awesome, its also tough as hell. not a single breakage yet and i really don't treat her well. I like fast flying or going through obstacles and reguarly crash it full speed into things. the 9958 is tough too, but not as much.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
I've noticed that the top collar with the 4 balls on it that sits on the swash plate moves up and out of the inner race of the bearing quite easily due to crashing. As it pops up off the swash plate, the heil will not handle correctly until the collar is re-seated.

Might have to glue it in so I don't have to constantly ensure it's seated well ... either that, or stop crashing. LOL!
If you do decide to glue this... be very careful. My V911 is currently out-of-commission as the result of glue gone wild

For sure take things apart 1st, this will give you a better idea where you might need to apply the glue and you will reduce the risk of getting glue in the wrong places... speaking from experience.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Damo666: Well, it sounds like you're being reasonable. Like I said, I haven't contacted Banggood yet because I'm not even sure how to begin. The chopper flies for about 1 minute, then it simply doesn't have the power to move the servos that control forward and backward flight with any consistency. If you hold the heli up to your ear and push the directional stick forward, you can hear a little buzz as it tries to move a servo -- but nothing moves. The flight times seem really short, too. Is it possible that it just shipped with bad batteries?
I would start from the ground up so to speak.

Always start at the power source.

Do you have a charger that shows discharge current and voltage? If you do, you can check your lipos.

First of all, you'd charge your lipo upto 4.2v (4.18v - 4.20v = full), then discharge down to 3.75v (3.75v = approx 20% charged/80% discharged).

Always use the 20% rule for lipo longevity otherwise you'll reduce its life.

Since the lipos are 0.12Ah capacity (120mAh) you should get 96mA out of the lipo while discharging from 4.2 down to 3.75v. If you see less, your lipo is degraded or damaged or just not broken in properly.

I have about 50 lipos of different sizes here, some big, some small, and they improve after about 3-5 cycles.

Now, my v911 lipos arrived out of the box at 3.95v. Although not excessive, the normal storage charge for long term lipo storage is circa 3.85v.

From experience, I know that low capacity lipos get ruined if stored at full charge for more than a few Months. I once stored several 1s 0.4Ah lipos fully charged so I know all too well. I tried to use them after storage and they would barely lift the heli'.

Sorry for rambling.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
44 Posts
Quote:

Check to make sure the collar with the 4 balls on it that sits on top of the swash plate is seated all the say down into the swash plate bearing.
That collar can pop up and out of the swash plate from crashes, and when that happens the heli will not fly correctly, and you'll need lots of trim. Just carefully push the collar with the 4 balls back down to seat it back into the swash plate bearing.
Thank you. That's definitely part of the problem. But what's happening is that it's coming unseated whenever the propeller spins at full speed. Basically, it comes unseated 5 seconds into flight. How can you keep it seated?
Flybynyte is offline Find More Posts by Flybynyte
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
So there is enough battery power to keep the heli hovering for many minutes after the servos stop working? If so, then it's not the battery as adjangs mentioned.
Here's a photo that may illustrate the technique that was recommended to me (after the fact). This is what I would try 1st and not actually try and glue the top to the bearing.

You are basically making the top piece (the piece that fits inside the bearing) a little larger, to insure a tighter fit.

Click Photo to enlarge
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Last edited by cpuken; Jan 15, 2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: error correction