HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2014, 02:14 PM
AMA 1046820
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic View Post
If your using a digital pitch gauge to set zero pitch at midstick, and your collective and cyclic pitch range, and your helicopter sits nose forward, then that will throw off your pitch gauge. It would also throw off setting your servo arms at 90 degrees if you're using a bubble level to set those and using level as a reference.

I would just get something to set under the front of the skids to level it out. You want the main shaft to be straight up relative to front and back and side to side. A small bubble level is handy for that. You might be able to use a smartphone bubble level app, but it's hard to get in close to the shaft with the rotor head on. If you get your servo arms at 90 degrees (perpendicular to the main shaft), and your swash leveled (also perpendicular to the main shaft), then you should be able to zero out your pitch gauge on a known level surface, and should be able to trust it to finish your setup.

Then it's a matter of adjusting your blade linkages so that both blades have equal pitch, then either adjusting the blade grip linkages, or the swash linkages up or down to get zero pitch at midstick, and also the same amount of positive and negative collective pitch. Most go with 12 degrees collective pitch.
This is where one of these comes in really handy!
Powerdyne is offline Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2014, 04:32 PM
The Last Question
United States, UT, West Valley City
Joined Oct 2006
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerdyne View Post
This is where one of these comes in really handy!
Thanks for all the tips guys. Yep, I do have a Soko tool but the blade grips on this heli aren't deep enough for the Soko tool to line up with the bolt hole. I'll see if I can improvise...
Entropy76 is online now Find More Posts by Entropy76
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:59 PM
Joined Sep 2013
133 Posts
Zyx v2

so Im doing a 550build as was thinking of using a zyx v2. I will be using it with dx6i and orange rx and orange sat.
Whats all the bad stuff i keep hearing with the v2 over the zyx-s?
Diggiz is offline Find More Posts by Diggiz
Old Aug 24, 2014, 02:40 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,082 Posts
With the V2 you can run sats only instead of an Rx +sat. With the S you can only run a sat only if you are running dsm2 on a 6i and the new Dx6 radio. If you want to run dsmx on the S you need to have a Rx for the 6i or DX7 and higher radio
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Aug 24, 2014, 03:22 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
With the V2 you can run sats only instead of an Rx +sat. With the S you can only run a sat only if you are running dsm2 on a 6i and the new Dx6 radio. If you want to run dsmx on the S you need to have a Rx for the 6i or DX7 and higher radio
The Tarot ZYX-S supports DSM-X satellite?

I thought it was DSM2 only?

Thanks.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:56 PM
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2013
444 Posts
Will this FBL controller work effectively with these servos listed below and is it Windows 8 compatible?

http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/emax/es9257

And,

http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/i25456/

Thanks for the help
MIGPILOT44 is online now Find More Posts by MIGPILOT44
Last edited by MIGPILOT44; Aug 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:45 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
The Tarot ZYX-S supports DSM-X satellite?

I thought it was DSM2 only?

Thanks.
Sorry.. you are correct. Dsm2 sats only setup with DX6i, DX6, DX7 and up radios, no dsmx sat only setup on the 6's, not sure with 7 and up. If you want to use dsmx sats and have a 6 series radio you require a Rx with dsmx spport

I gave up on the whole sat only setup and went with full rx with dsmx and flight log capabilities
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:06 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGPILOT44 View Post
Will this FBL controller work effectively with these servos listed below and is it Windows 8 compatible?

http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/emax/es9257

And,

http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/i25456/

Thanks for the help
Steer clear of the Emax servos , they cost me a perfectly good 500 size scaler a couple years ago.

They only work on 4.8v anything higher and they will burn out , it may take 4-5 flights but it will happen.

There are much better servos out there that in the long run aren't that much more in price , besides the better the servo the better your heli will fly.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:11 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
I agree. The price of those cheap servos just end up costing more than the better ones when it takes out your heli. I learned that the hard way. Not only the cost, but the time rebuilding and getting it re-dialed in too.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:40 PM
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2013
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Steer clear of the Emax servos , they cost me a perfectly good 500 size scaler a couple years ago.

They only work on 4.8v anything higher and they will burn out , it may take 4-5 flights but it will happen.

There are much better servos out there that in the long run aren't that much more in price , besides the better the servo the better your heli will fly.
Thanks for the reply. I've built the 2 HK450's I have on a tight budget. I've slowly upgraded some of the pertinent parts over some time. I'm really happy with how they both fly. If I end up switching 1 of them over to flybarless some higher quality servos are planned. However, I just wanted to make sure I could get the heli flying on the equiptment I have in the meantime. Currently I only run 4.8 volts on all my helis.

Thanks again for the help, its greatly appreciated.
MIGPILOT44 is online now Find More Posts by MIGPILOT44
Old Aug 25, 2014, 04:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
177 Posts
Tower Pro MG 90S work OK in budget 450's.

Running 30 gain.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:12 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,052 Posts
I am going to try a set of these on my ZYX.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290837519321...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These work OK
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=42620
but they are sloppy, and the intermediate shaft support breaks out in the case and allows the gears to strip
defeating the purpose of the metal; gears.
fpainter3 is online now Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Aug 27, 2014, 09:22 AM
Build the Weapon....
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
907 Posts
Is there anyone here flying the ZYX-S2 with a Turnigy 9XR?

I cant get it working and have no problems with the ZYX-S. I cant get past the slow yellow light as the tx/rx wont bind with the gyro. I think it is important to have the sticks centered and the monitor to be centered on all sticks to initialize but I have not found a way to adjust the trims or sub trims to get the monitor to register a neutral position. I have everything on the tx at zero but the monitor shows around -67 with no way of getting it centered?
Laidback_racer is offline Find More Posts by Laidback_racer
Last edited by Laidback_racer; Aug 27, 2014 at 05:39 PM.