HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:45 PM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
1,263 Posts
Very smooth flying and great hover and harrier there! Something that I have been trying to make better myself as it rocks a lot on this size for me. Am i hearing a taranis there or another? I like the voltage callout. Just running basic telemetry right now but would like to do that.
sr175 is offline Find More Posts by sr175
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2015, 03:00 PM
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined May 2011
180 Posts
Anyone got an extra carbon landing gear they wanna sell.
keither1984 is online now Find More Posts by keither1984
Old Mar 20, 2015, 07:31 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr175 View Post
Very smooth flying and great hover and harrier there! Something that I have been trying to make better myself as it rocks a lot on this size for me. Am i hearing a taranis there or another? I like the voltage callout. Just running basic telemetry right now but would like to do that.
thanks, it was very calm day so that helped a bit.. (and you didnt notice my wonky horizontal stab)
A stab device makes the thing more stable more like a 60" plane (fyi I use ofs)
taranis ver A & telemetry (voltage and current), tx loaded with Arrons missus voice (the KM and Amber voice pack), using the tx for almost two years now. I wouldn't even dream of using anything else (apart from OpenTx) I'm toying with the idea of a horus but dunno we will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by keither1984 View Post
Anyone got an extra carbon landing gear they wanna sell.
answered here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10388
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:03 AM
Joined Mar 2011
2,007 Posts
Gents today made a cockup of a low harrier / show off
Landed a bit heavy and broke the fuse where the landing gear mounts. LG is ok though so it wasn't that bad but I broke it once before so I really need a few good pictures of the structure that holds the gear to create new bits.
Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:05 AM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Sweden, Östergötland County, Linköping
Joined Oct 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Gents today made a cockup of a low harrier / show off
Landed a bit heavy and broke the fuse where the landing gear mounts. LG is ok though so it wasn't that bad but I broke it once before so I really need a few good pictures of the structure that holds the gear to create new bits.
Thanks
Been there and done that . In my case the landing gear plate also broke which was not obvious i.e. you may want to check that. You have probably already searched the thread but here is a link to my repair effort:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8304
3dxspin is online now Find More Posts by 3dxspin
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dxspin View Post
Been there and done that . In my case the landing gear plate also broke which was not obvious i.e. you may want to check that. You have probably already searched the thread but here is a link to my repair effort:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8304
Cheers for that. Mine's not as bad but that maybe all I need. I will strip and check. In your post you mentioned drawings. Can you post these?
Thanks

edit. If possible I need a picture of the plywood that fits on the rear of the lg plate and supports the battery base from underneath
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:33 PM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Joined Oct 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Cheers for that. Mine's not as bad but that maybe all I need. I will strip and check. In your post you mentioned drawings. Can you post these?
Thanks

edit. If possible I need a picture of the plywood that fits on the rear of the lg plate and supports the battery base from underneath
I only have drawings for my custom made LG plate (I am afraid without dimensions). Is this the part you are referring to? Unfortunately, I do not have any better pictures.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 01:42 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2,007 Posts
Quote:
I only have drawings for my custom made LG plate (I am afraid without dimensions). Is this the part you are referring to? Unfortunately, I do not have any better pictures.
Yep that's the one. What's the difference between the original lg plate and your plate?
Re drawings doesn't matter if there are no dimensions. if you used a 2d cad package and can you share them can you export dxf or dwg? I've got an acad seat I can use to print and will definitely use them sometime in the future. I've got acess to other software at work if you used something else.
Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2015, 05:50 PM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Joined Oct 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Yep that's the one. What's the difference between the original lg plate and your plate?
Re drawings doesn't matter if there are no dimensions. if you used a 2d cad package and can you share them can you export dxf or dwg? I've got an acad seat I can use to print and will definitely use them sometime in the future. I've got acess to other software at work if you used something else.
Thanks
The differences are minor. I simplified the shape a bit and tried to improve the strength towards the landing gear (using larger radius for the cut-outs). However, I believe the landing gear plate is possible to buy as a spare also (apparently it is part of the MB kit). I did not know this when I decided to make my own version.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8306

If you still want the dwg's let me know (and the preferred format).
Old Mar 27, 2015, 06:33 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2,007 Posts
Quote:
The differences are minor. I simplified the shape a bit and tried to improve the strength towards the landing gear (using larger radius for the cut-outs). However, I believe the landing gear plate is possible to buy as a spare also (apparently it is part of the MB kit). I did not know this when I decided to make my own version.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8306

If you still want the dwg's let me know (and the preferred format).
I did ask my local distributior but he never heard of said repair kits. I will check with aerobetrics but tbh i dont have high hopes and probably will need to get them from the states. However my repair task seems to be somewhat easy. The drawing will definitely help as i can start fixing it tomorrow and i have a few sheets of ply and flat cf that i can use otherwise i will need a few weeks until i sourse them kits. If the native is autocad dwg that will do fine mate
Old Mar 28, 2015, 08:32 AM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Joined Oct 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
I did ask my local distributior but he never heard of said repair kits. I will check with aerobetrics but tbh i dont have high hopes and probably will need to get them from the states. However my repair task seems to be somewhat easy. The drawing will definitely help as i can start fixing it tomorrow and i have a few sheets of ply and flat cf that i can use otherwise i will need a few weeks until i sourse them kits. If the native is autocad dwg that will do fine mate
Attached are dwg and dxf files. Please note that they are just basic outlines intended to be used as templates as indicated in the picture of my "repair post". For reference the width of the lg plate is exactly 100 mm. The original plate has a beveled edge and the front and rear width differ a bit (which I chose to omit).

Let me know if you need different file versions (I just chose the latest).
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:21 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Attached are dwg and dxf files. Please note that they are just basic outlines intended to be used as templates as indicated in the picture of my "repair post". For reference the width of the lg plate is exactly 100 mm. The original plate has a beveled edge and the front and rear width differ a bit (which I chose to omit).

Let me know if you need different file versions (I just chose the latest).
Cheers I will check it tonight now on kids/shopping duty.
I think the dxf is/should be ok. Newer dwg versions were spitting sone xref error when read in an older version but I think it should be fine (man its been ages to have to use acad for work)
I think I have v2006 or something like that if you read this and its easy if you can save it in v2000 then it should definitely work.
Thanks
George
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:55 PM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Joined Oct 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Cheers I will check it tonight now on kids/shopping duty.
I think the dxf is/should be ok. Newer dwg versions were spitting sone xref error when read in an older version but I think it should be fine (man its been ages to have to use acad for work)
I think I have v2006 or something like that if you read this and its easy if you can save it in v2000 then it should definitely work.
Thanks
George
Here are v2000 versions in case you need them:
Old Mar 28, 2015, 05:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2,007 Posts
v2000 works, many thanks matey
Last edited by ckleanth; Mar 28, 2015 at 05:34 PM.