Mar 06, 2013, 01:02 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thread OP
Discussion

I wanna kick Robart in the NUTZ- not anymore!

Anticipation is killing me. They have been pushing back the dates of my P-47's giant electric retracts for 4+ months... frustration is growing.

Will they ever make it to market? Is this just a ghost product, never intended to reach the public?

disgruntled, discouraged, disappointed.... I need some stick time.
Last edited by Vapor Trails; Apr 11, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 01:14 PM
hand launch and belly land it? i am sure we could get a couple guys together and give it a good heave
Mar 06, 2013, 02:07 PM
Totally Twisted
Put a peg in the wing and we'll DLG it, but you are on your own with the hand catch!!!
Mar 06, 2013, 02:29 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Anticipation is killing me. They have been pushing back the dates of my P-47's giant electric retracts for 4+ months... frustration is growing.

Will they ever make it to market? Is this just a ghost product, never intended to reach the public?

disgruntled, discouraged, disappointed.... I need some stick time.

Have you called them?
Mar 06, 2013, 02:44 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thread OP
Yea, same story every time for the last two months, "we expect to be shipping those in the next 1-2 weeks" always 1-2 weeks out...

I love the clever posts above though, Perhaps we can hand launch it from the back of your golf-cart?

...I am just venting, I am sure there are tons of hurdles bringing them to market... I am just antsy!
Mar 06, 2013, 03:19 PM
Totally Twisted
I feel for ya Brad. I wanna see that sucker fly as much as you do! Are there any other options for retracts?
Mar 06, 2013, 03:58 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thread OP
Not for decent electrics; pneumatic options are out there for about $70 less through Robart or for $150 more through Sierra. I considered the ESM's but not convinced they are good for this large a ship (most their stuff comes in at least 10lbs less).
Mar 06, 2013, 04:14 PM
and from what i have researched ESM air's are iffy at best.
Mar 07, 2013, 05:43 AM
check out hobbykings new giant scale electric retracts! you can get a VERY NICE set of all alloy retracts, struts, & wheels, for pretty much "pennies" compared to other "name brand" sets. ive got a set of the small rclanders from them, with struts & wheels. and they are very solid. nicest retracts ive ever had, BY FAR!!!!!!! and i only paid about $45 for them!
Mar 07, 2013, 07:08 AM
Fly safe, fly often!

Planes look so much better if you just yank off the landing gear and hand toss.

Landings? That's why god gave us grass.

Mar 07, 2013, 11:00 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thread OP
Dargh- those little bastids did it again... now pushed back to late March- I have no expectation they will deliver.

Screw these guys
Mar 07, 2013, 11:04 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34
check out hobbykings new giant scale electric retracts! you can get a VERY NICE set of all alloy retracts, struts, & wheels, for pretty much "pennies" compared to other "name brand" sets. ive got a set of the small rclanders from them, with struts & wheels. and they are very solid. nicest retracts ive ever had, BY FAR!!!!!!! and i only paid about $45 for them!
Which ones are you referring to? gotta link? I have such a hard time sorting through retracts on HK- so many options and so much c-rap to sort through...

If you know how to sort their stuff, could you help me find electric retracts for a 70mm F-86? I need the nose to rotate so that it can clear the steering device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man

Planes look so much better if you just yank off the landing gear and hand toss.

Landings? That's why god gave us grass.

LOL, Ill give you a shot at tossing this- but ya might get a hernia
Mar 07, 2013, 11:52 AM
Fly safe, fly often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
LOL, Ill give you a shot at tossing this- but ya might get a hernia

YIPES!

Nevermind.

Mar 07, 2013, 11:57 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thread OP