Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hatters gonna hat.
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2011
359 Posts
Yippee!
Free Engine Test Stand Blue Prints

Hi Guys,

I had some time today so I thought I would model my idea for an engine test stand. I get a lot of information/plans/ideas/etc from the good folks here at RCG so this is my attempt to give a little bit back.

I built a similar test stand to this over the weekend to get my glow engines going. I just made it out of wood. This design is for aluminum. It is adjustable and should accommodate a wide range of engine sizes. The one I made was also adjustable and it ended up working pretty well. The only thing I didnt model was a little stand to hold the throttle control rod. I realize that many of you probably hook up a battery, Rx and a servo to control the throttle, so you would have to modify this to suit your needs. If i get ambitious, I may add those things to a 2.0 version of this stand. If I get even more ambitious, I might come into the shop some weekend and build one of these. I will be sure to take some pictures if I ever get around to that.

I snagged a model of a fuel tank and the engine from grabcad.com. The screws are models I got from mcmastercarr.com (which is a great site to find models of common hardware, should you be looking).

I also did a couple of photo renderings of the stand, fuel tank and engine (engine is supposed to be a .91, not sure what make).

If anyone wants the cad files, send me a PM and I will get them to you. Please be sure to tell me what file type you like. I made the models in solidworks but can export them in numerous different formats.

Hope someone finds these useful.
madbomber is offline Find More Posts by madbomber
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:41 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,115 Posts
Boy that looks like the Cat's Pajamas to me....good design.....now where is my tool and die man?????
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Midwest Stik Build
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:59 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,055 Posts
I wanna know where I can get one of them shiny fuel tanks!
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:54 AM
Hatters gonna hat.
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2 View Post
Boy that looks like the Cat's Pajamas to me....good design.....now where is my tool and die man?????
Thanks! I wish it wasnt so costly to run one-off parts at the CNC shop I work at and I would crank out a few of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare
I wanna know where I can get one of them shiny fuel tanks!
Haha, me too! I changed the material of that tank in Solidworks to nylon and added a matte white appearance texture to the tank but for some reason it still rendered as if it had been spray painted with chrome paint.
madbomber is offline Find More Posts by madbomber