HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
795 Posts
Question
Iran attacks (replica) US aircraft carrier

Isnt that cute... I guess they forgot to replicate the boats defenses.

I guess it was just some sort of publicity stunt.

Quote:
"It seems they've attempted to destroy the equivalent of a Hollywood movie set."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02...ca-us-carrier/
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
LAWLZ! how funny
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
795 Posts
If it wasent for the whole war breaking out thing I would like to see them try against a 'hot' target.
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
628 Posts
I would guess that exercise was more for the domestic market than international.

It is meant to give an impression to the Iranian people that the Iranian military are not totally helpless against American "aggression".

To the West it looks rather sad, we all know that those boats would be matchwood before they could get within range of their own weapons.

And of course, all militaries practice against mockups of the "Enemy", why should the Iranians be different.

Certainly nothing to get freaky about.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
I would guess that exercise was more for the domestic market than international.

It is meant to give an impression to the Iranian people that the Iranian military are not totally helpless against American "aggression".

To the West it looks rather sad, we all know that those boats would be matchwood before they could get within range of their own weapons.

And of course, all militaries practice against mockups of the "Enemy", why should the Iranians be different.

Certainly nothing to get freaky about.
Bingo.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot