SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 12, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHig View Post
Newbie here..Have been flying Apprentice S as a first plane..Ready to move up...Just ordered the ArtiZan PnP..Have a spare Rx from the Apprentice S
and the DX5e tx...Any helpful suggestions for using this setup? (or sarcastic suggestions...I can take a joke)
Thanks,
Bill
I bought an Artizan PNP, and received it 2 weeks ago.
I have been flying it with the Apprentice SAFE rx. The installation is very easy. No need to reverse servo's. It's a drop in.
I highly recommend it.

For more info. on installing SAFE rx's in other planes go to this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...135213&page=99
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2014, 07:27 AM
Joined Mar 2013
168 Posts
In the advanced mode on the Apprentice S SAFE receiver, the SAFE is off and it behaves like a typical AS3X receiver. Putting the SAFE receiver in the ArtiZan will give you a self-level panic button and even more assistance if desired from the beginner and intermediate flight modes. The beautiful thing about it is that it's all controlled from the transmitter at the flick of a switch. You can fly it as advanced or as easily as you like at the time.
flightengr is offline Find More Posts by flightengr
Old Sep 13, 2014, 09:10 AM
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Aug 2014
7 Posts
I just finished putting this plane together. How big of an area is needed to fly this plane? Is a school soccer field too small? Thanks...
lalmog91 is offline Find More Posts by lalmog91
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:41 AM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalmog91 View Post
I just finished putting this plane together. How big of an area is needed to fly this plane? Is a school soccer field too small? Thanks...

I think you could fly it ok there, but somewhere a bit bigger would probably be best.

Also depends on what you're used to flying, skill level, etc.
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:01 PM
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Aug 2014
7 Posts
Recently I have just been flying the UMX Beast at a school with two baseball fields... If a bigger area is needed I would probably have to find an actual flying club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
I think you could fly it ok there, but somewhere a bit bigger would probably be best.

Also depends on what you're used to flying, skill level, etc.
lalmog91 is offline Find More Posts by lalmog91
Old Sep 13, 2014, 01:15 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
clearprop88 and flightengr thanks for sharing your experience using this system...
Bill
BillHig is offline Find More Posts by BillHig
Old Sep 14, 2014, 03:02 AM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I have been flying it with the Apprentice SAFE rx. The installation is very easy. No need to reverse servo's. It's a drop in.
I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
In the advanced mode on the Apprentice S SAFE receiver, the SAFE is off and it behaves like a typical AS3X receiver. Putting the SAFE receiver in the ArtiZan will give you a self-level panic button and even more assistance if desired from the beginner and intermediate flight modes. The beautiful thing about it is that it's all controlled from the transmitter at the flick of a switch. You can fly it as advanced or as easily as you like at the time.
Great info, thanks guys. I've just ordered this Rx to give it a go on my Artizan. Might make it a perfect trainer. I still think you would still need a higher-end Tx in order to play with d/r and expo settings.

A flying buddy of mine has the original Apprentise. Can this Rx be used with this or do you need some servo reversers? Thanks.
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I highly recommend it.

Did you install the switch with receiver or just omit it?
Thanks,
Bill
BillHig is offline Find More Posts by BillHig