Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:51 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
New Product
Hobbyking and WM EPP 3D MX2!!!!! 37.5"

Hi Guys
So this was released a few days ago and I'm really liking the look.
looks like it flies very similar to the Skywing EPP 48" planes,just a little lighter and smaller ofcourse.
I'm really tempted.anyone grab one yet?
HobbyKing Product Video - EPP 3D MX2 (1 min 25 sec)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...955mm_ARF.html
So it looks so similar to that of the Skywing models sold by Valuerc so I did some resarch and came across the Winnersmodel 37.5" MX2 which to me looks pretty identical(http://winnersmodel.weebly.com/375in-mx2-hepp.html)
if it is then somehow HK have mayve struck a deal with them and we will be getting an awsome proven flying plane.As winners makes some very nice planes.
Can anyone maybe confirm this or agree?
this is the vid off the WM site of it
WM MX2 HEPP (3 min 25 sec)

if you compare the pics from HK to the ones on the WM site it's pretty identical except the WM is not printed on the ailerons,So I think we have a winner foamy here
I stumbled upon this site aswell http://www.3d-fly.com/02WM%20MX2%20HEPP.htm
So who's getting one?
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Last edited by chop stiX; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
123 Posts
Looks like the same il have the MXS and its going realy nice think il must get one
Schrottflyer is offline Find More Posts by Schrottflyer
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:43 PM
Australia, VIC, Benalla
Joined Oct 2005
277 Posts
This looks very promising!

Az
Azryl is offline Find More Posts by Azryl
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:45 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azryl View Post
This looks very promising!

Az
Indeed
I'm really close to clicking.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:00 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
So any takers yet?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:43 PM
HK PITTS EPP-CF
Russian Federation, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Norilsk
Joined Nov 2012
19 Posts
Hello! What motor to put on it? In the site has a review... up with Turnigy D3536/6 1250KV Brushless Outrunner Motor 2217 and others in the minus...
What are your suggestions...
1 http://www.parkflyer.ru/59802/product/115065/
2 http://www.parkflyer.ru/59802/product/114801/

Thanks in advance.
GraFX74 is offline Find More Posts by GraFX74
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:12 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
I would say the 1st one would be the better of the two.though tbh I'm not a motor guru.It has alower kv,so a bigger prop can be swung at a lower ZRPM giving you more "punch"
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:26 PM
HK PITTS EPP-CF
Joined Nov 2012
19 Posts
Thanks!!! Little information on it... All that is found is the engine XM2834CA-9(260watt 980Kv) in WinerModel. It is completed WM EXTRA EPP - WM MX2 HEPP....
We will think.....
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:06 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
I reckon it's pretty much the same thing.i wouldn't be surprised if it's made by WM for HK.if it is,this is an excellent model for the price and something that we know flies very well
Are you going to get one?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
HK PITTS EPP-CF
Joined Nov 2012
19 Posts
Oh yes, I want it
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:17 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraFX74 View Post
Oh yes, I want it
Brilliant
I'm going to click soon aswell.post build pics ect
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:15 AM
Australia, VIC, Benalla
Joined Oct 2005
277 Posts
The turnigy 2217 1050Kv motor can swing an APC1138SF for approx 18amps, 190watts for over 1kg of thrust!

quite good numbers for a 600-700g 3D foamie

Az
Azryl is offline Find More Posts by Azryl
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:03 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,922 Posts
It's definitely a Winner's Model 37.5in EPP MX2. Look at this frame grab from the Hobby King video. Well, since it's a Winner's Model plane, I think I can say with confidence that it's the best flying EPP kit that Hobby King sells .
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:07 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Gentlemen, what we have here is a sweet 3D plane that I would purchase from HobbyKing without a second thought if I didn't already have so many that are very similar to it. Now, I'll also tell you straight up that, from experience, I will not touch any other HK 3D offering. This is different. I know these planes!

That's definitely a Winner's and they are excellent flying aircraft. I wouldn't put a 200 watt motor in it though unless you want to putter around with lousy verticals. Winner's recommends 250 - 300 watts in a 70-80g motor. I'd stick The Omega 72 in it and call it a day. (375+ watts baby! Woot!) Although, a lighter setup with around 250 watts and a 1000 mAh pack could be a lot of fun too since this is a couple inches smaller than my Sbachs and Edges.

I've been using Solar A107 servos from HobbyPartz in all of mine with great results. They are metal gear and very affordable.

Also, if that's the same landing gear that Skywing includes with their planes that size, you'll want to beef it up with 3/32" wire for use with bigger motors and 1300 mAh packs. Your props will thank you. It's probably ok for a lighter setup. The included pushrods might be a bit flimsy but that seems to vary between the different models. The rest of the hardware is great!

You'll need thin or medium CA for the hinges. It doesn't have to be foam safe as the hinge lines are made with 3 layers of EPP. The middle layer changes to depron about half an inch back. This prevents the middle layer from being eaten by CA. I have used CA for the entire plane and I've used a combination of CA and Welder's glue to build others. Welder's is great for repairing the skin of these planes and places where there is no depron.

Edit: Welder's is no longer conveniently available. Beacon Foam-Tac may be an acceptable substitute. Otherwise, just stick with CAs, both foam safe and regular.

The foam can be sliced open along the seams to allow easier access to tight places like the motor mount, then glued with Welder's if the factory glue doesn't seal it back on it's own.

There is a repair thread for these types of planes that can be found here. It's for larger planes but many of the repair and assembly tips apply here as well.

If you have any questions about the build, just ask. I have many build pics with my mods in the Skywing 39" Edge thread. It is very similar to this plane.

And finally, an instruction manual for these types of planes. There have been a few revisions since this manual was made but the build is still mostly the same. Just ignore step 9. Vertical stabs are part of the fuse now.
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.
Last edited by SD One.; Nov 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:04 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
well thanx fornthe confirmation guys.seems like a proper winner like i saide before
SD please post pics.have you got this yet?
Groovejet,awsome screenshot