Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:46 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
Hello to
allidea for the manufacturerI have 12 tracks here, but would it be possible with 24 tracks as many quick and easy to connect

@+++
I'm missing your point. How is this big and bulky connector better than the small, thin, ribbon cable clamp the camera now uses for easy lens module changes? The existing method works fine as long as the ribbon cable clamps are slid into place with the ribbon cable aligned. The male/female pair of plugs you show will just add unnecessary weight, assuming they would even fit into the case.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetec View Post
Hi Tom - many thanks for your very concise reply and for going to the great trouble of recording clips using the three volume level settings.
As you say, the levels are difficult to differentiate from each other and your graph shows linear variation only.

I'll do a bit of work on this and see if I can come up with a simple hardware solution.

Richard
I have some sound editors that have digital dB meters that will show instantaneous peak levels. I'm curious now what that will show with a similar side-by-side comparison test, and will try to do one when I have a little spare time.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:43 PM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
102 Posts
Ok Tom

but I've experienced and if the cable is misaligned there at issue in the video!connector with my female evil and the alignment is perfect because it is a emboitage but this is just an idea Like this,

@+++
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,927 Posts
Post removed as it was probably going to be a pointless exercise anyway !
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:28 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
Ok Tom

but I've experienced and if the cable is misaligned there at issue in the video!connector with my female evil and the alignment is perfect because it is a emboitage but this is just an idea Like this,

@+++
OK. Yes, you're right that tilted alignment of the ribbon cable is a possible user error if not careful, and the camera will not work properly if that happens. But it's a necessary trade off, I think, to get everything to fit in the tiny case we all like!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I have some sound editors that have digital dB meters that will show instantaneous peak levels. I'm curious now what that will show with a similar side-by-side comparison test, and will try to do one when I have a little spare time.
It would be interesting to splice your 3 clips in series, from loud to soft. I'm just speculating that some players might auto level or normalize individual clips, that couldn't happen with a single clip containing all 3 levels.

The sound fidelity and sensitivity is pretty good for my use, amazing really for a 17g machine. Maybe someone could install a microphone jack and test with a shotgun mike??
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
So I took people's advice and didn't open mine to figure out mounting. I just CA'd some carbon fiber spars from some damaged foam blades to the camera. It mounts perfect to the skids and struts and the vibration is pretty minimal even from my little 120 heli.

v120D02s with 808 #16 D lens test (4 min 31 sec)
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:41 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,842 Posts
how do you keep these things from shutting themselves off? Buddy and I are both having the issue.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:22 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
how do you keep these things from shutting themselves off? Buddy and I are both having the issue.
Try reading Post No, 4 There is a switch in the GUI
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Dec 30, 2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: simplyfication
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:40 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Try reading Post No, 4 There is a switch in the GUI
not sure how to dumb it down any more for you, after about 12:30 it shuts itself off. Im using a different tool than that one, and adjusted it to never shut down.. So dont know.

**nice ninja edit, taking out the slam**
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,535 Posts
deleted... redundant
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:58 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
not sure how to dumb it down any more for you, after about 12:30 it shuts itself off. Im using a different tool than that one, and adjusted it to never shut down.. So dont know.

**nice ninja edit, taking out the slam**
OK, I misunderstood your first post since it didn't have this specific information. I think you are saying the video stops after about 12-1/2 min. of recording? If so, that could be a problem with the memory card or the battery, not the config. setting. Is this happening with more than one memory card? How long do you re-charge your battery. Have you tested this using a stronger power source, e.g. the car charger to rule in/out the battery as a possible root cause?
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 30, 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: totally re-wrote the post.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:26 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
It would be interesting to splice your 3 clips in series, from loud to soft. I'm just speculating that some players might auto level or normalize individual clips, that couldn't happen with a single clip containing all 3 levels.

The sound fidelity and sensitivity is pretty good for my use, amazing really for a 17g machine. Maybe someone could install a microphone jack and test with a shotgun mike??
The three sound track waveform pic I attached to my prior post was done simultaneously with one video editing program (MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2012). The three videos were all loaded on separate timeline tracks and aligned via their sound waveforms. There was no equalization turned on.

I played them all back simultaneously, and muted them all, then turned each sound track on separately. And as we've all pretty much agreed, High and Middle volume for all practical purposes sound identical to my ear (and most other users, I think). The Low volume was slightly less, but very little.

The screen grab of the native video waveforms I posted in a recent post was from this test to show there is a difference in the sound amplitude with these settings, but until we can see the sound displayed with a logarithmic decibel (dB) level for each at the same point in time in the audio, we don't have any definitive information on how they should sound. We can only tell how they do sound. A 3dB change in sound pressure is barely audible. A 5dB change is clearly noticeable, a 10db change should sound about twice as loud. A 20 dB change should sound about 4 times louder. Based on this, I'd guess the Low setting is about 5dB below the middle and maybe 7-8dB below the highest. I want to test this theory just for the sake of knowing what is happening in the videos.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
foggy images

Somebody asked in the last few pages of switching lens or just taking the lens off completely. The response was you would get an overly white exposed image. I was wondering if light leaks around the lens itself would cause that milky image I get with my camera. I have not taken the lens apart nor adjusted the focusing range. But somebody suggested to use some de-gluing CA agent and the lens screws out easily. maybe a little fine dust has worked its way inside. If that's the case then a little air blast might make my camera work like new.
fmimages is offline Find More Posts by fmimages
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,381 Posts
Try the GUI advanced image settings before taking the lens apart.
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul