HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2014, 05:14 PM
Alex
Ukraine, Kyiv city, Kyyiv
Joined Feb 2012
274 Posts
I said it many times before and right after discussing this matter with KDS reps. - KDS Innova line is still available for sale but its absence on the shelves is explained by the newest trend of all dealers to go with Agile brand which gives more profit and generates orders. Nevertheless, there are plenty of Innova parts and kits on KDS warehouse... the real problem is how it might reach the end user if dealers are no longer placing their orders and KDS does not have a potential|interest in the direct sales. I recommnded KDS to think of establishing|cooperating with at least one local (Chineese) shop with the role and rights to aggregate all available Innova parts|kits and to sell|send these parts abroad. KDS reps. told me that they would think about it.

Long time no see....

For now, Shelly from KDS said that she would help anyone (sell parts|kits directly) who would contact her directly over email or facebook account message. I've posted her email in this thread.

Any other questions?
Datos is offline Find More Posts by Datos
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2014, 05:23 PM
Alex
Joined Feb 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Anyone have the newer Agile style tail grips that KDS is shipping for the Innova line? I have a couple questions about them.

Are they sloppy like the old style Innova grips or did they fix that?

Can you adjust the preload with the nylock nut the way you can on a Kasama tail?
I've had a maiden for a person with Agile 5.5 lately. I haven't noticed that tail grips are somehow different or supreme to Innova 550,600,700. It was exactly the same hub and tail grips with the same flaw - out of balance from the box. Some spacers should be placed between hub sides and tail grips in order to balance it right... Moreover, I have seen the assembled Agile 7.2 and it also had the same tail hub and grips design.
Old Sep 08, 2014, 11:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos View Post
I've had a maiden for a person with Agile 5.5 lately. I haven't noticed that tail grips are somehow different or supreme to Innova 550,600,700. It was exactly the same hub and tail grips with the same flaw - out of balance from the box. Some spacers should be placed between hub sides and tail grips in order to balance it right... Moreover, I have seen the assembled Agile 7.2 and it also had the same tail hub and grips design.
Do you mean there is axial play in the grips or that the two sides of the hub are different lengths?
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Sep 09, 2014, 05:02 AM
Alex
Joined Feb 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Do you mean there is axial play in the grips or that the two sides of the hub are different lengths?
I've never examined the hub to understand whether it differs in length on its sides. The problem that I see - is that there is grips play on the hub even if nuts are tightened. Therefore, some spacers should be introduced between a grip and hub to eliminate this play. This, usually, resolves vibrations...
Old Sep 09, 2014, 01:48 PM
United States, TX, Pearland
Joined Aug 2012
20 Posts
I hope all the kds retailers and distributor continues carry parts. It's a good bird to become something u know. But if Noone in usa carry innova, i will do it if they let me become distributor.
x5heli is offline Find More Posts by x5heli
Last edited by x5heli; Sep 09, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2014, 05:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,194 Posts
Quote:
I've never examined the hub to understand whether it differs in length on its sides. The problem that I see - is that there is grips play on the hub even if nuts are tightened. Therefore, some spacers should be introduced between a grip and hub to eliminate this play. This, usually, resolves vibrations...
Ok so it's just lateral play on the grip then.

EDIT:

Do the grips really use a 7x9.8x0.5 shim between the radial and thrust bearing as shown in the manual? That seems backwards compared to other tail grips. Tail grips typically use a shim that matches the O.D of the bearings to prevent axial load on the radial bearing and it seems to me that using one that matches the I.D. would have the opposite effect (excepting grips where the thrust bearing is in the center where it *is* normal to use a shim that matches the I.D. of the bearings)

Never mind they made a mistake in the Agile 5.5 manual (which is what I looked at for the details on these grips), the diagram says 7x13x3 but the bearings are actually 5x10x4. Interestingly the parts list next to the diagram also says 5x10x4.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 10, 2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:59 AM
Alex
Joined Feb 2012
274 Posts
Shelly just posted this
Old Sep 11, 2014, 05:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
658 Posts
Quote:
Shelly just posted this
Link unavailable. What did she say? Just received my box of spares from her, including hard to find 680 servos
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Sep 11, 2014, 05:17 PM
Alex
Joined Feb 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonjams View Post
Link unavailable. What did she say? Just received my box of spares from her, including hard to find 680 servos
Link works fine for me.

Anyway, she posted the followng:

"Don't worry about parts of your INNOVAs if you are crazy for it!!
We have tons of stock and having a beat-the-heat DISCOUNT on the kits!! Just go to your local store or contact us!"
Old Sep 11, 2014, 05:24 PM
Joined Dec 2011
658 Posts
Quote:
Link works fine for me.

Anyway, she posted the followng:

"Don't worry about parts of your INNOVAs if you are crazy for it!!
We have tons of stock and having a beat-the-heat DISCOUNT on the kits!! Just go to your local store or contact us!"
Thanks, and good news. Pity I just bought a spare 550 kit from HK. Don't have permission for that page, not a FB regular and just email her directly for items
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams