HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2015, 08:10 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
420 Posts
From all I've seen/read... the F2 pins on the Naza module is where I need to plug in the cable(s) for Pitch control. I've tried both the top and bottom pins on the F2 controller as well as just plugging in the entire 3 pin header to the F2 pins.

Did discover the button on the gimbal board that allows me to set any particular position for the gopro camera and have the gimbal maintain that position. So, that's what I've been using for now. I set it to point the camera at a slight downward angle and it will maintain that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dw512fbea..._pic3.jpg?dl=0
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 08:16 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
From all I've seen/read... the F2 pins on the Naza module is where I need to plug in the cable(s) for Pitch control. I've tried both the top and bottom pins on the F2 controller as well as just plugging in the entire 3 pin header to the F2 pins.

Did discover the button on the gimbal board that allows me to set any particular position for the gopro camera and have the gimbal maintain that position. So, that's what I've been using for now. I set it to point the camera at a slight downward angle and it will maintain that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dw512fbea..._pic3.jpg?dl=0

just sent PM
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Feb 21, 2015, 08:31 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
783 Posts
osd

just received my"cheap" osd a couple of days ago, only lipo power and stopwatch showing, I found that it was showing .2v high and I could only adjust it down as far as .17v high then it wouldn't lower any more, so I decided that I'd live with it but to remember that it's reading/showing high, had a couple of flights this morning and using the phantom lipo the second flashing red light came on at 11.20v (on load) on the osd then I tried with a turnigy lipo (normally get the same flight times) the second red flashing light came on with the osd showing 9.89v so different lipo's give a different reading on the osd ??
so now I consider that the safest way to fly PFV is to use my stopwatch, cost about $4 and it's stuck to the top center of my TX, just set it for a safe flight time according what lipo I'm using and it counts down and an alarm goes off at 0
Old Feb 22, 2015, 01:26 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,590 Posts
teccer: I think the safest is to use Voltage monitoring. Batteries, esp the cheaper ones, will start to voltage "sag", some after only 10-15 uses. 0.2 V is not going to make much difference. You will often start to see sag right after you spin up, which will just go back up when you land. It can be as much as 3/4 of a volt.
As well as FPV voltage I also use an alarm on my Graupner Tx, which has telemetry. Of course the Naza has it's own built in safety. I'd never go much lower than 3.3v per cell. I also ignore the loaded vs non loaded because it changes and it different for older vs newer batteries. Ie I set loss of zero.
I also do not use "descend" for my Second level, just in case you are over water or a tree. Rather lose a battery than a Quad....just my experience of flying a Naza for 3 years. I have had this happen with cheap batteries. Voltage can sag from 12 to 10 in 30 seconds.
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:47 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
teccer: I think the safest is to use Voltage monitoring. Batteries, esp the cheaper ones, will start to voltage "sag", some after only 10-15 uses. 0.2 V is not going to make much difference. You will often start to see sag right after you spin up, which will just go back up when you land. It can be as much as 3/4 of a volt.
As well as FPV voltage I also use an alarm on my Graupner Tx, which has telemetry. Of course the Naza has it's own built in safety. I'd never go much lower than 3.3v per cell. I also ignore the loaded vs non loaded because it changes and it different for older vs newer batteries. Ie I set loss of zero.
I also do not use "descend" for my Second level, just in case you are over water or a tree. Rather lose a battery than a Quad....just my experience of flying a Naza for 3 years. I have had this happen with cheap batteries. Voltage can sag from 12 to 10 in 30 seconds.
thanks for your info on osd, your comment about, Voltage can sag from 12 to 10 in 30 seconds.[/QUOTE]
on the phantom-turnigy lipos they act as expected but I've 2 Zippy's (about 10-15 recharges) and they drop as you say in seconds

ray
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
420 Posts
Just swapped out my standard landing gear for a set of the Tall landing gear. After a couple of test flights it doesn't seem to have a stable hover. I just read somewhere else that the compass needs to be perpendicular to the body of the Phantom, if that angle is off could that cause a certain amount of drifting? I just remounted it a little lower on the leg but it's too late to test it tonight.

http://youtu.be/-ohryDRrLes
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Today, 09:45 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Apr 2013
75 Posts
Autonomous flying with P1.1.1?

I'm getting the distinct impression that the 1.1.1 cannot be retrofitted for autonomous flying...but I'm not quite satisfied this is completely true.
Ultimately, I want the capability of plotting a small / short path of travel with waypoints so it will fly that pattern. Laptop likely, Android maybe...
In short...is this a fruitless quest?
And yes, I'm aware the P2 with ground station will have this capability. Currently I have 2 Phantoms, both 1.1.1 with various upgrades.

Thanks for your thoughtful replies!
(If you replied to this the first time i posted, I missed it - sorry!)
sadlsor is online now Find More Posts by sadlsor
Old Today, 09:56 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Just swapped out my standard landing gear for a set of the Tall landing gear. After a couple of test flights it doesn't seem to have a stable hover. I just read somewhere else that the compass needs to be perpendicular to the body of the Phantom, if that angle is off could that cause a certain amount of drifting? I just remounted it a little lower on the leg but it's too late to test it tonight.

http://youtu.be/-ohryDRrLes
I think you need to make your video public in order for us to see it.
skipper1 is online now Find More Posts by skipper1