New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2014, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by B@@mer
Joined Jun 2004
95 Posts
Mike at f3a was a big help with it. I set the incidence with the wing , then measured ahead from wing tube(installed) to get a zero point. Attached the fuse to a stand and built a jig to slide my table sander down to keep everything in line to achieve the thrust angle. Had a buddy hold the fuse while I removed the material needed. The contra installs with a firewall behind the front bulkhead so it's not a stressed member. It moves more because it's rubber mounted so ther needs to be more clearance. It turned out well. It's at its new home so we will see how well it flys in the spring. For the money it's a nice airframe I would build one again if I won the lottery I'd do a contra again.
B@@mer is offline Find More Posts by B@@mer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:37 PM
Find More Posts by luckymacy
United States, PA, Media
Joined Aug 2006
135 Posts
Wing, stab and thrust incidinces for first flight?

So what is the consensus to start them all off with relative to each other?
luckymacy is offline Find More Posts by luckymacy
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by B@@mer
Joined Jun 2004
95 Posts
I went with zero on stabs and .5 pos on wing to,start then fine tune.
The 2m I buolt was for a customer I'm not sure it's been flown.

Kevin
B@@mer is offline Find More Posts by B@@mer
Old Jan 03, 2015, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by luckymacy
United States, PA, Media
Joined Aug 2006
135 Posts
I'm curious how everyone set the incidences on the stab with the anhedral? I don't trust the incidence meter but what I ended up with is setting the stab almost all the way to the end of travel in one direction of the allen screws. I took the stabs off and then reassembled them with them together off the plane and ensured the stabs had identical allen screw settings. Back on the plane they measured within a tenth of a degree with each other (horizon digital incidence meter). The wings and engine thrust are essentially identical. I'm not using wing adjusters, just the stock holes. The engine originally sat so the spinner identically matched the front of the fuse perfectly but that gave it about a degree of POSITIVE incidence relative to the stock wing settings so I modded the engine mount to give it a slight down thrust which now matches the wings settings. Right now I have the stabs set to be the same as the wing and engine lines. Going to just start off flying at 210mm back from the wing leading edge as that seems to be where everyone else ends up settling at.
luckymacy is offline Find More Posts by luckymacy
Old Jan 04, 2015, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by bossee
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,374 Posts
Hi,
Some flying on ice with my MythoS Pro today. 12 flights in sunshine but windy condition, minus 4 degree Celsius / 24 Fahrenheit.
A wonderful day, clear blue sky and not a tiny cloud.
Practiced Advanced scheduled, Im a little rusty on the manouvers at this time of the year.
A flying buddy came out and he had his dog (not a year yet) with him and the dog barked when I taxied on the ice but once in the air the dog was quite.
I had to move rather much between flights since it was cold in the wind to just stand still.
It was little tricky to land at end of the day since I had the sunset in the landing zone but it worked OK to just let the plane soar through the sun and then just a gentle elevator for a touchdown.

I can tell it is rather tricky to taxi on ice in wind - I was unable to taxi back to the jetty after flight in 45 deg downwind (the plane just did not want to stear where I wanted it to go on the ice) so I had to go back in straight downwind rather fast and in wide halfcircle slip sideways in to the jetty. Rather fun when I got the hang of it.

I had two 12 volt 95 Ah AGM batteries with me as powersource for the charger and it was heavy to carry them about 400 meter from car to the "field" (ice) but it is never bad to get some exercise.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Last edited by bossee; Jan 04, 2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 02:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,374 Posts
Hi,

Flew my MythoS Pro today on grass field for the first time this year.
15 flights was made before I had drained my two 95 Ah AGM batteries as power source for my chargers. Windy but nice wheather in general. Just as I had made the last flight for the day it was a Swedish Airforce Lockheed Martin C-130, Hercules, ("TP 84" in Swedish Airforce) flying just above my head, that was a surprise.
http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/info...ik/luft/tp-84/

It has been alot of flying this weekend, yesterday I flew whole day with my MythoS 125E and today with MythoS Pro.

/Bo
Old Apr 26, 2015, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,374 Posts
Hi,
I made 10 flights today and testing a new sunshield. I flew with sun directly in my face today and the sunshield solution below. It worked fine. The spot is not that disturbing even if it is in front of You in the flying sector. Just a few manuouvers I was flying through the spot but no problem really. The main thing to be careful with is that You place Yourself so sun is exactly in the center of the spot and also that You try to stand still on the ground and just move the head along the flight path (if you start to lean to right or left during flight the sun will dazzel You). It was rather gusty winds today, approx 12 meter/sec (26-27 miles per hour) and the stand was steady in this wind.
I think I will use a slightly larger spot with diameter 30 cm / 11.8 inch - the spot I tested today had a diameter of 25 cm / 9.8 inch.
Maybe the model is not as visable when flying with a sunshield blocking the sun but no problem really, I could see the model without problem but not as clear as when You have the sun shining behind You on the model.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Apr 26, 2015 at 04:18 PM.