HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2002, 01:04 PM
Joined Jan 2002
6,588 Posts
European modeling products

A recent thread re an unsatisfactory experience with a European charger was unfortunate, all around.

Years ago, Michael Volz introduced his Micro-Maxx servos in the U.S. Mr. Volz was familiar with F(XX) model flying, and guaranteed the Volz geartrain for 5 years. Unfortunately, he was unaware that our newly-emerging foamie-combat pilots were about to unleash mayhem on the world.

Anyway, I crashed a foamie and broke a gear in my Volz. Hobby Club (which was the U.S. distributor and repair depot at that time - still is, for all I know) checked with Volz and then offered to repair it without cost to me. I paid for a gearset and sent Mr. Volz a synopsis of U.S. Kamikazifoamie flying. The Volz warranty was subsequently modified, as it reasonably should have been.

I still fly those original 6 Volzs and recently bought 2 more.
The newest Volz Micro-Maxxs have an even stronger geartrain. so, everybody did right, and there has been further technical progress.

BTW, I also fly Hacker B20 18Ls/w big aftermarket gearboxes.
Suggestion for Mr. Hacker: Fit an excellent European gearbox with higher than 4:1 ratios (preferrably more robust than the Maxon - us foamiebangergliderfluggelers need brute strength) to the small Hackers.

- Jube
RD Blakeslee is offline Find More Posts by RD Blakeslee
Last edited by RD Blakeslee; Dec 05, 2002 at 06:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts