HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2004, 10:34 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
Disabling ESC brakes, enabling mechanical brakes.

I feel I have a solution to the brake mystery. You need a fairly high end radio and a 3 ch. Rx to accomplish it, but I'll explain using my Futaba 3PK.

First I disable the ESC's braking effect by turning the braking ATV to zero on the Tx. Then create a mix program (throtle-to-Ch3) setting the Th. channel as master and channel 3 as slave. Then just set the bias of thr. channel to brake channel so that it's where you like it.

That leads me to my next idea. My radio is set up with a feature the most of the 1/5 car guys use, front to rear brake bias, driving a separate servo for each end of the car. Why not do it for bikes? All that would be required is seting up a side plate to accept two micro servos, one for the front and one for the rear. Then set up the radio with more front bias than rear. I can also integrate a mix that allows an A.B.S. function that automatcally shifts from A.B.S. mode in straight lines to normal brakes when the wheel is turned past a certain amount so that the A.B.S. doesn't upset the bike when leaned over.

Just trying to get your brains stimulated guys!
rpvpilot is offline Find More Posts by rpvpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2004, 11:23 PM
Dubai U.A.E
Joined Oct 2003
867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvpilot
I can also integrate a mix that allows an A.B.S. function that automatcally shifts from A.B.S. mode in straight lines to normal brakes when the wheel is turned past a certain amount so that the A.B.S. doesn't upset the bike when leaned over. Just trying to get your brains stimulated guys!
RPVpilot: Clever idea that. I've got my nitro bikes set up on a JR R1, but never thought about configuring the ABS like you mentioned

kevin@rcbike.com
vaz2107 is offline Find More Posts by vaz2107
Old Nov 03, 2004, 11:37 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
If you try it, let me know how it works! I'll try it this week on mine.
Old Nov 04, 2004, 12:02 AM
Dubai U.A.E
Joined Oct 2003
867 Posts
OK, will do and keep you posted. Only thing is I think the weather isn't going to be that good this weekend, so that may stop play , plus next week I'm out of town

kevin@rcbike.com
vaz2107 is offline Find More Posts by vaz2107
Old Nov 04, 2004, 12:14 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Sounds promising! I hope I can do that on my XS3. If Furron is watching this thread, do you have any good news for us on the Novak B/L??
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Nov 04, 2004, 04:58 PM
Chainlube By Dave
Denver, Colorado. USA
Joined Aug 2004
200 Posts
I have an xs3 and a novak ss5800 also, and I'm eagerly awaiting the same info.

Dave (Chainlube By Dave)
chainlube is offline Find More Posts by chainlube
Old Nov 04, 2004, 11:01 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
OK guys, I've got my bike now, so I'll start to figure out this thing with the brakes.