SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jul 2006
76 Posts
Looks like I'm the owner of some Naze32's, thanks BC!

Going to build one Mini-H with that and one with the CC3D, should be nice to have a direct comparison.
cptfrazz is offline Find More Posts by cptfrazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jul 2006
76 Posts
Oh maybe I missed something. Were you saying that you can run a Naza with the groundstation over your telemetry link on 433? Or that your still going to use the 2.4ghz BT link?

I can't imagine why you couldn't use any serial link on the DJI datalink setup...
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
7,482 Posts
the data link is 2.4 so my radio control will have to be 433mhz so they don't conflict
there are 900mhz ones too but they are like $500 for that version of the ground station set

not sure what the btu does I don't think its needed for the data link to the gcs

EDIT
I see.....it connects to the ground module...my guess is for pc or tablet interface over bluetooth
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by irun4fundotca; Yesterday at 10:17 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
ok so it looks like the non standard fatshark VRX is not 32 channels

only bands a-c

so its a waiting game for the standard VRX to come back in stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Yes the price is ridiculous

dom v2's - 375
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2545

32 ch VRX - 43.99
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=524

so 420

maybe they'd throw in a spliff or two
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
the data link is 2.4 so my radio control will have to be 433mhz so they don't conflict
there are 900mhz ones too but they are like $500 for that version of the ground station set

not sure what the btu does I don't think its needed for the data link to the gcs

EDIT
I see.....it connects to the ground module...my guess is for pc or tablet interface over bluetooth
I was going to try this mod with my phantom 1.2.1 and hookup my spare iosd and then see if my 2.4 GS would work with it. I have a used 900 GS in the mail coming my way

And yes the btu is for iPad blue tooth connection to the ground unit.
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
7,482 Posts
I been playing with the ground station program got it figured out almost great
the altitude offset has me confused, I think it's so it knows the sea level difference on the map so the waypoint altitude is from the ground and not sea level, whenever I create a waypoint it's flight path goes red if I drop below 180 or it disappears all together

cant believe the price difference in the 900 set!, I guess they bank on people needing it more, I'm glad auto parts don't work that way ,the more they sell the cheaper they get its the ones that don't that get the huge markup to make up for losses

btw here's a handy tutorial wilfor
DJI PC Ground Station Software and Demonstration (8 min 3 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by irun4fundotca; Yesterday at 11:28 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jul 2006
76 Posts
That GCS looks fairly interesting. Doesn't let you plot a flight path into YVR or any other large airport it seems....

I get what your doing with the freq. and controls now. Makes sense now, I think.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,371 Posts
I got probably 50 flights on the 2.4 PC GS this last summer. It takes a bit to work through it but it works well. Remembering to set a home point so that it will do return to home and auto land seems to elude me at times.

The altitude offset determines the starting height of the unit. I always update this before a flight even though it does this itself when powering on. Once you set this flights will go up from that height. One thing I've learned to not trust is the fact that the google maps are going to be correct on height
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
7,482 Posts
ok good to know
I have to find a pmu yet...
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:40 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jul 2006
76 Posts
Well just finished reading the threads on the current state of Naza FC's. I think this should be possible.

Naza Lite -> V2 Software upgrade. -> Arduino MinimOSD Board -> Neo6m+GPS board -> LRS Telem/Control + Serial Data for GCS.

That would put the parts count at:
- Naza Lite $55
- MinimOSD $9
- OpenLRS RX $20
- Neo6M + MAG $25

And you would get full V2 Naza with a GPS/Mag. Fullhouse OSD, GCS Telemetry, LRS Control.

Does that seem wrong or not doable? It's pretty late so maybe I'm missing something... but I'm off to order a couple Lite's for testing...
Old Today, 05:03 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptfrazz View Post
Looks like I'm the owner of some Naze32's, thanks BC!

Going to build one Mini-H with that and one with the CC3D, should be nice to have a direct comparison.
they both work great if you are smart enough. For myself, I understand the CC3D is more of a challenge, but I have seen the videos of them flying and it is breathtaking just as great at Naze32. Doug bought a Nighthawk with the CC3D which I might try setting up. But I like using the Baseflight app for Naze32.

this video is a mini with CC3D, wow

Right Between The Eyes -FPV (1 min 55 sec)
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Today, 07:15 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,337 Posts
Hey razor night mall parking flying looks fun, I want to try that. And you get all the lighting for free : D
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member