SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
447 Posts
Discussion
Hitec Variometer Compatibility

Gents,

I am trying to determine if the Hitec vario sensor (HTS-VM) will work with the nitro sensor stations. Thanks

Randy
burke757 is online now Find More Posts by burke757
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Hitec RCD - HTS-SS Advance Sensor Station & HTS-VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke757 View Post
Gents, I am trying to determine if the Hitec vario sensor (HTS-VM) will work with the nitro sensor stations. Thanks Randy
Negative, requires HTS-SS Advance.
. HTS-VM Variometer Sensor
"Our HTS-VM Variometer sensor sensitively tracks your aircraft’s rate of climb and reports the data back
to your HTS-SS Advance sensor station. It is the perfect telemetry tool for gliders of all sizes.
Stock # 55860 - HTS-VMVariometer Sensor"

. HTS-SS Advance Sensor Station
"Our HTS-SS Advance telemetry sensor station works compatibly with all our existing sensors as well as the HTS-ETEMP,
HTS-AS, HTS-VM and HTS-SM. Delivering on its name, the HTS-SS Advance provides more advanced telemetry capabilities
than any other RC telemetry system and is capable of monitoring all types of models.
It also provides engine temperature via the HTS-ETEMP sensor, air speed via the HTS-AS sensor, sensitive rate-of- climb
tracking via the HTS-VM sensor and servo performance via the HTS-SM sensor.
This leading-edge telemetry module provides the most reliable and comprehensive communication with your model yet. "
Part No. 55853- HTS-SS Advanced Sensor Station"

Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.

1st Feb 2013: Further information on the HTS-VM.
. Finally I found out how it works!
quote:
And yes, I was wrong it is a variometer, but........
- rates for sink and climb rate of your glider are made audible by beeps of the A9.
- as one cannot adjust the sound intensity of these beeps all colleagues on the airfield will complain
- in the menu SYSTEM/SENSOR/ADVANCE/VARIOMETER/SETTING one can switch the beeps off an on
- if "Sensitive "setting is on "FAST" this leads to an unacceptable noise on the airfield
- as there is [b]no/[b] voice out put of sinking and climbing with the HTS-Voice one cant use a headset
- although the variometer shows a correct altitude on the A9 the HTS-Voice needs a reset
of the altitude before flying to report the correct altitude ! Why?
I would be much better if we could switch off the beeps on the A9 and have ounlky a sound output
from the variometer on the HTS voice and use a headset. - Juergen"

11Feb2013: Further information on the HTS-VM.
-operation : just plugin the variometer in the given port of the HTS-SS Advance. That's it.
- you can choose between GPS and variometer height (choose variometer it is more precise)
- sinking and climbing of your glider is given by beeps of the A9.
Your colleagues on the airfield will not tolerate that because you cant adjust the loudness for the beeps.
- the HTS voice does only a voice output of the actual height not for sinking and climbing
- you can switch off the beeps for sinking and gliding on the A9 separately but then you have no information during your flight
- you cant log the data of the new sensors for the HTS-SS Advance with the HPP-22 software
- the HTS-Navi does not receive the data from the new sensors (air speed, E-Temp, servo, vario) - Juergen

28 Feb 2013:
HTS-VM Variometer - RCMF UK
"t's all quite simple. With a sensitivity to record height increase or decrease to 1 meter
you get a short bleep for climb (every metre) and a longer bleep for the same sink.
You can turn either of these off in the sensor settings and I think just having the climb beep would be
good enough, and you can set low or high sensitivity, and personally low seems to be the best,
but again flight tests may prove otherwise.
One of the best features though which hardly seems to be documented is that it looks like it will
be a good altimeter also.
Go to the Cockpit view and there is a vario/alt box which displays your altitude, and you can zero
it before you start as it isn't linked to a GPS.
Turn both the climb and descend beeps off if you don't want a vario and you have an good altimeter. "

07 March 2013: Update:
. HTS-VM - Variometer Sales Discontinued in USA
Hitec USA has chosen to discontinue the Vario and any combos including it at this time until its implementation can be improved.
If you have purchased one and are unhappy with it then please contact us and we will swap it out for something of equal value. -
Mike Mayberry, Hitec/Multiplex USA
. The hardware is valid, it's the ability to get the data to the pilot that is lacking. - Mike.

Alan Tong.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 07, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Update on HTS-VM
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
Hi
I'm looking information about how they are transmitting voice informations from variometer to Aurora 9.
Is this tones high and low audible in speaker whether only spoken numerical values?
ZbyszekT is offline Find More Posts by ZbyszekT
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
It's only audible through the radio with a beeping up and continuous tone down.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
Very thank you Mike.
I buy. ;-)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
Mike, is the Vario total energy compensated? If so, do you have to have the Airspeed sensor installed as well for the vario to work TEK???
THanks
BladeRunn is offline Find More Posts by BladeRunn
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:03 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post

Mike.
Does this mean that you don't need the voice module?

Let's say I buy just the HTS-iView to use that for speed / current etc. en install the Vario, the Vario will beep on the Aurora 9 transmitter?
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:44 AM
Joined Sep 2012
91 Posts
Is the Vario actually available to buy, I've not heard of any feedback from users?!
mark_snipz is offline Find More Posts by mark_snipz
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:08 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_snipz View Post
Is the Vario actually available to buy, I've not heard of any feedback from users?!
Availability depends upon country of residence as each separate distributor receives and dispatches supplies.
. HTS-VM - shows in stock.
Feedback has been posted on several forums.

Alan T.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:16 PM
JMRC Cub Driver
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Sep 2003
220 Posts
My dad in st Louis just got his. Put in in his plane and drove around the neighborhood
qm1usn is offline Find More Posts by qm1usn
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
HTS-Vario

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Availability depends upon country of residence as each separate distributor receives and dispatches supplies.
. HTS-VM - shows in stock.
Feedback has been posted on several forums.
Alan T.
Update:
. HTS-VM - Variometer Sales Discontinued in USA
Hitec USA has chosen to discontinue the Vario and any combos including it at this time until its implementation can be improved.
If you have purchased one and are unhappy with it then please contact us and we will swap it out for something of equal value. -
Mike Mayberry, Hitec/Multiplex USA
. The hardware is valid, it's the ability to get the data to the pilot that is lacking. - Mike.

Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 07, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:07 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,604 Posts
I may try to find one. A lot of our members wouldn't be bothered by the tone...what tone??
I could also roam a fair distance from the flight line while soaring.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Mar 28, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
HTS-Voice and variometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post

Mike.
Hi Mike,
I dont know if you have met the same probleme,
but the hts-voice doesnt tell me the correct altitude whereas it is correctly displayed on the screen transmeter.
For example , when the variometer displays 2 meters (correct altitude), the HTS-voice tells 1064.
It seems the absolute pressure....
Do you have this problem ?

Thank you for your response
olive73 is offline Find More Posts by olive73
Old Sep 02, 2013, 05:14 AM
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
Hi Mike.

I'm looking for cable connecting HTS-SS with receiver Optima.
What I have a chance to buy it as a separate item?
Old Oct 06, 2013, 05:57 AM
Joined Sep 2012
91 Posts
I'm using the Vario just to indicate lift, using the tone to only beep when going up. It's nice to have the big readout when in EZ view too...although glancing between that and a 1/4 scale glider at 800m is a bit tricky.

IF only Hitec could get it together to a) sort out the difference between Tx and the HTS-Voice readings b) have sink/lift tone from the HTS-Voice...I would be one very happy customer, as I would imagine countless others.
mark_snipz is offline Find More Posts by mark_snipz