HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:15 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
Discussion
Wright Flyers

The WrightFlyers club is located in Randallstown, MD. We are an associate member of the Department of Recreation and Parks of Baltimore County. The field is located on a capped landfill off of Furman Lane in the Randallstown area of Baltimore MD. The access gate to the field (on Furman Lane) is locked so you must make arragements with a club member for entrance.

The club web site can be found at:
www.wrightflyers.org

Contact the web master at:
iflyrc_vic@hotmail.com
Iflyrc_vic is online now Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
Last edited by Iflyrc_vic; Sep 20, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:33 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
The Antic

Here is an article by Henry Bergen about his Antic Model made by Proctor.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:52 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
Winter Projects

What's your plans for a Winter project?

Just click the POST REPLY button at the lower right side of this message and post your message. You can just say "Happy Holidays"
Last edited by Iflyrc_vic; Dec 18, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2014, 06:02 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
F-14 Club Project

I have heard a lot of questions floating around about the construction of the F-14 Foamy that we selected for the club project. If you have a specific question, just post it here on this forum. Click the POST REPLY button at the lower left and add your question.
Old Feb 08, 2014, 08:15 PM
Left, NO your other left!
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Jun 2008
796 Posts
The power systems are in. Come and get them.
-Andrew
weathervane is offline Find More Posts by weathervane
Old Feb 10, 2014, 03:18 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
F-14 Battery Install

Here is a photo of how I installed the battery in the F-14. I temporarily mounted it with tape to get the proper location for the right CG. Then I glued in a scrap piece of foam inside the fuse at the front and rear of the battery to keep it from slipping forward or backward. If you use a similar battery (1300mah 30C 3S), you can mount yours in the same location. The hatch locks it in place.
Old Mar 01, 2014, 01:01 PM
Joined Mar 2014
1 Posts
jOINED THE GROUP

I joined the group, but need help on how to save this discussion in "My RCGroups, if that's possible and how to get notifications of updates to the discussion.
crashndash2 is offline Find More Posts by crashndash2
Old Mar 01, 2014, 01:17 PM
United States, MD, Woodstock
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
I subscribed to this thread and it only shows up in my list of subscribed threads. "My RCGroups" only show newly subscribe threads and subscribed Forums. I haven't figured out to change it.
yoshi22 is offline Find More Posts by yoshi22
Old Mar 01, 2014, 01:36 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
How To

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashndash2 View Post
I joined the group, but need help on how to save this discussion in "My RCGroups, if that's possible and how to get notifications of updates to the discussion.
First you must "subscribe" to this thread. Click on THREAD TOOLS located in the blue header at the top of this page. Then select Subscribe to this thread. You will be asked how you want to be notified of new messages posted in the thread (e.g. instant email, daily, weekly, etc.). Once you complete this, you are all set.
Now when you click MY RCGROUPS, you will see a selection for "View All Subscribed Threads". Wright Flyers will be listed in your list of subscribed threads.

Sounds complicated but it is really quite simple. Let me know if you have any problems.
Vic
Last edited by Iflyrc_vic; Mar 01, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2014, 01:40 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
Subscribed Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi22 View Post
I subscribed to this thread and it only shows up in my list of subscribed threads. "My RCGroups" only show newly subscribe threads and subscribed Forums. I haven't figured out to change it.
When you click "My RCGroups" you will see a selection for "View All Subscribed Threads". Wright Flyers will be listed when you make that selection.
Vic
Old Apr 04, 2014, 07:02 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
Activity

I guess there is not much going on to talk about since there are no postings in this thread. I am just posting this message to prevent RC Groups from deleting our Club File due to INACTIVITY.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:33 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
Spring time flying

The break in the weather brought out a few members today to get their thumbs limbered up for the upcoming flying season. The field is in fairly good shape after the bad winter we had. The flight stations were tossed around by the windy weather and are in shambles. The stations will have to be replaced/repaired. The runway is a bit lumpy but flyable. Hope to see others as weather permits.
Vic
Old Apr 24, 2014, 05:31 PM
United States, MD, Lochearn
Joined Mar 2005
19 Posts
F-14 questions:
Where are you guys getting the 1mm Depron called for?
The ESC seems rather large in size. Any problems mounting it?
PSH
Cavitation is offline Find More Posts by Cavitation
Last edited by Cavitation; Apr 24, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 08:09 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
ESC Mounting

Cavitation, I mounted my ESC between the tunnels as shown in the photos. I used an old Tower Pro 30 amp ESC that I had from another project. It is almost the same size as the HURC 40amp that the club purchased. The HURC should fit in the same location as my Tower PRO.

I mounted it in that location to allow for cooling air flow. I f you mount it inside the center tunnel per the instructions, there will be very little cooling and could result in overheating.

As for the 1mm spacer disc, you can use just about anything from cardboard to plastic. The spacer disc just sets up some clearance between the wing and upper/lower deck to allow the wing to sweep freely. It does not have to be exactly 1mm but should be thick enough to allow the wing to swing. keep it thin so that the wing does not flop up and down in between the upper and lower deck.

Hope this helps.
Vic
Last edited by Iflyrc_vic; Apr 24, 2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 09:16 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,340 Posts
Waco upf-7

Got an old out-of-production Waco 60 ARF made by Sportsman Aviation (Global Hobbies) from an Internet sale. I converted it to electric. She has a wing span of 58 inches and is powered by an OS electric motor (.51 equivalent), 6S Lipo, CC Talon 90 ESC and swings a 16 x 8E APC prop to generate 948 watts. At 8 pounds, this gives me about 120 watts per pound. With that power plant, she flies very well. I set the CG according to the manual but I think it is a bit tail heavy but has no bad habits.

Vic