HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:44 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Crap the video doesn't work on my tablet either. Guess I will have to wait until tonight.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:48 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
Yes BR, nice vid. Thanks for posting.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:02 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
My customer just let me watch the video on his computer. Very nice flying!! It looked very good!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:39 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,523 Posts
Great flying BR! Looks like HK has done a great job with this one too!

FYI, I've had trouble getting all of my AJ Slicks (51", 59", +70" - no 42" though) to eneter KE spins. Then one day I nailed them and noticed that I accidentally had my rudder on low rates. It turns out that too much rudder was my problem. I have also just recently started entering them from a 1-2 roll rolling down line. That has made the entry more consistent. Not saying that is your issue, but it gives you something else to try.
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:42 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
My customer just let me watch the video on his computer. Very nice flying!! It looked very good!
I hope you billed them for the time.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:31 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,140 Posts
Great to see another successful flying video. I'm not wanting to speak too soon but it seems that the predictions that the model would fall apart first time anything violent was attempted have proved to be false.

Long Leng.. thanks for the close up of the hacker installation. It looks like the entire prop adapter is 'hanging in the breeze' so if you put a spinner on you will be left with a gap of 10mm between spinner and cowl (10mm being the length of a Hacker prop adapter). I wonder if HK are following the thread and might get the motor box shortened for the next production run... please?

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
I hope mtwargo is out flying right now. I cant wait to see his video!!!
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:04 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
I hope mtwargo is out flying right now. I cant wait to see his video!!!
First great Video... BK....

The plane is built, and I need longer servo arms and a twitchy servo... might replace it. According to vince it is done. I may not be able to film tomorrow. If not thursday... He worked straight thru...
mtwargo is online now Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
First great Video... BK....

The plane is built, and I need longer servo arms and a twitchy servo... might replace it. According to vince it is done. I may not be able to film tomorrow. If not thursday... He worked straight thru...
what kind of servos?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:15 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
what kind of servos?
Don't know... gave it right to vince... HE said its jittering badly, but might be him.. holding for my radio and to set it up... HK sent me spares for a few of the servos. Let's see if I have the right one.
mtwargo is online now Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
I'm impressed with the performance show in bigroger's video, now even more curious to see what you think Michael.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:29 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
I'm impressed with the performance show in bigroger's video, now even more curious to see what you think Michael.
You going to pull the trigger and get one now Slick
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:55 PM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
I really can't wait till mine arrives.going mental on 6s2 1800mah 3s lipo's in series.Will draw less amps and the combined weight of the 2 batts is less than that of a 4s pack
Still deciding on motor,but thinking of the NTM propdrive 650kv swinging a 13x6
I will be adding PA VG's aswell
i threw the MG929 servo's in with my order.
The $145 shipping is still a little thick in my throat,but I'm pretty sure it will be worth every penny
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
You going to pull the trigger and get one now Slick
Who knows? I'm still interested in the M-80 idea.

On another note, I just ordered a Sebart 52" Sebach (SBach) from GravesRC.http://www.gravesrc.com/SEBART_SEBAC...ebse30-wbr.htm

I've always wanted an SBach and the HK one seemed to have bad reviews.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:03 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Great to see another successful flying video. I'm not wanting to speak too soon but it seems that the predictions that the model would fall apart first time anything violent was attempted have proved to be false.

Long Leng.. thanks for the close up of the hacker installation. It looks like the entire prop adapter is 'hanging in the breeze' so if you put a spinner on you will be left with a gap of 10mm between spinner and cowl (10mm being the length of a Hacker prop adapter). I wonder if HK are following the thread and might get the motor box shortened for the next production run... please?

Steve
i need to add: the picture of the gap showed only one side. the other side is how much overlap of the cowling there is. its about 7 mm, so you could move the cowling 5 mm more in front and it would look a little better.

as for falling appart: i think this was from paranoia people got from other hk planes. if you look at the construction of the slick...its build much stronger than many other planes. or say than most other planes!
i did stress the plane today as violent as i could and there was no problem at all.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng