HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2014, 09:37 PM
Joined Sep 2014
5 Posts
Discussion
Towerhobby F6F Hellcat

Just got this yesterday. Price point was good!
I do have their P-51 and it flies pretty nice for a small foam model.
Anyways, I found the hellcat to be okay....could use just a bit more punch in the motor. Was flying with 3S 2200's. Manual says to start at the CG of 2 5/8.
I did...found it to be a little heavy in the tail. Moved batt all the way forward.
Flew a little more stable. Also found that it flies better with the elevator a few clicks downward from center. Hmmm.....so got to wonder, maybe not enough down thrust on motor? Other than that, nice looking plane!!! No one at the field got one of these. And of course, with all these smallish models when ya fly off a grass field, the landings do a nose over.....

Snidely...
SnidelyWhiplash is offline Find More Posts by SnidelyWhiplash
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2014, 04:04 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Tower Hobbies Hellcat arived with a problem

I just got my Hellcat the other day and started putting it together. When I got to the part were it said install the prop & collet I noticed that the collet and hub was off centered with the cowl hole opening. So this wont allow the prop to be installed at all. Now the cowl fits and lines up perfectly to the body of the plane so I think that the motor or the mount is off or wrong altogether. Tower Hobbies is sending me a new fuselage to correct this problem.
I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem before with this plane ?
tom539 is offline Find More Posts by tom539