HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:01 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
I really didn't mean to be critical of the HD808. For what it is - it's great. A miracle in fact. I just can't find a fit for my needs at present. Have fun, that's what this is all about. Got to admit the ZxD would look silly on my hat
For $40 it is technological miracle. When I bought the Jazz HDV 178 for a $100 a few years ago I thought I found what I needed even though it was 5 ounces with battery. I found the V3 keycams and was amazed by the quality and lightweight package. And now the HD version. Best of all, I can velcro it to a plane or to my hat.

In another few years we will have that 60 FPS key cam with no vignetting. And, it will only cost $15. It's only a matter of time.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:52 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Here's a video I took skiing today. Don't blame the 808HD for the pauses in the vid in a couple of places, the original files are smooth with no pauses. I blame myself for doing too many clips and removals from the original clips and also using Win Live Movie Maker on an ancient (3 years old) computer.

You can really notice the vignetting on this one because of the white snow.

Keyfob Bob Skiing (7 min 9 sec)

Yabba

Oh, btw, no banjo music but the YT music copyright police got me anyway
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:15 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,542 Posts
Nice, Yabba.

You sure do get a lot of nice sunny winter days there. What's the temp like?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:26 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Yabba,

Very good. The snow covered your beautiful soccer field. How long before it melts?

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2011, 08:33 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post

Oh, btw, no banjo music but the YT music copyright police got me anyway
Actually, there are some good banjo versions of Wipeout floating around! You might also like the one by Bobby Badfingers. Or in my case Danny Dumbthumbs? LOL

Touch and goes on snow look easy, but it ain't so! Nice job!
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 15, 2011, 08:56 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,441 Posts
Well Tom it didn't work. I added the on file next to the dcim on the root. Powered off then back on. It hesitated for a few then activated. I took a still and a short vid and got no date so, I added the file again and it must have bricked the cam because it just sits there. When I connect the usb the red light glows for a couple then turns off but trying to press the on/off button nothing happens. So now what should I do?
Tom J.
I should ad that I got Diana to remove the time stamp when I ordered the cam so I don't know if I did something wrong.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Last edited by ApexAero; Jan 15, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:11 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Actually, there are some good banjo versions of Wipeout floating around! You might also like the one by Bobby Badfingers. Or in my case Danny Dumbthumbs? LOL

Touch and goes on snow look easy, but it ain't so! Nice job!
LOL, Thanks Victa, I'll check it out

Tom and Bill, actually, I waited to long to go skiing, the temps have been in the low 50's the last couple of days and the snow (as you can see from the foot tracks) is going fast and was really too mushy for good skiing. Had fun though. It's suppose to be warm all this week so looks like we're headed back to the skool.

I hadn't flown at that place before and I really didn't like it. Too close to a main highway and the guy in charge says we can fly there but not to fly over the highway. So that means going to the south into the low sun. Plus there's a wicked rotor or something just as you are trying to get down after the little rise on the final approach from the east. Really kicks you around.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:15 AM
Joined Jul 2009
697 Posts
I see Hobby-Lobby now has a HD version of the FlyCamOne, with more options of course, but you still can't beat this 808HD for the size and money!!!
AirChime is offline Find More Posts by AirChime
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:34 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Well Tom it didn't work. I added the on file next to the dcim on the root. Powered off then back on. It hesitated for a few then activated. I took a still and a short vid and got no date so, I added the file again and it must have bricked the cam because it just sits there. When I connect the usb the red light glows for a couple then turns off but trying to press the on/off button nothing happens. So now what should I do?
Tom J.
I should ad that I got Diana to remove the time stamp when I ordered the cam so I don't know if I did something wrong.
Are you doing this with the USB cord connected to the camera? The camera must be disconnected from the PC USB port when doing this.

You shouldn't have to add the "ON" file again either, since it should still be there... it doesn't get automatically erased... you have to manually delete it or it will load the firmware eveytime you turn on the camera.

Might be worth going back to read the step by step instuctions I linked in post #3, and make sure you followed them exactly.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:36 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirChime View Post
I see Hobby-Lobby now has a HD version of the FlyCamOne, with more options of course, but you still can't beat this 808HD for the size and money!!!
Yeah... 4 times the cost... 3-1/2 times the weight... same video quality. But people will flock to it like they did they old one, because they see the ads for it, not knowing the HD key cam exists.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:17 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
810 Posts
I'm comparing the keychain and the Flycamone HD. The only thing the flycam might have is a remote shutter. I kinda want to to be able to control pics/videos in flight. Is there a remote shutter option for the keychain camera? Beyond that, its hard to justify an extra $110 for the same video quality.

Thanks!
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:25 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21 View Post
I'm comparing the keychain and the Flycamone HD. The only thing the flycam might have is a remote shutter. I kinda want to to be able to control pics/videos in flight. Is there a remote shutter option for the keychain camera? Beyond that, its hard to justify an extra $110 for the same video quality.

Thanks!
I know of no remote shutter option for the HD keycam. You are going to have to decide what's most important to you. Decisions, decisions.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
About Battery!

Hello guys.
I have a question about battery on new #11 camcorder version.

Early i was bought keychain ver #3 but i did not know about time charging of device and my camcorder not turn on - led not bright and when i put usb cable also nothing. Device Not i am afraid

Now i want to bought again keychain camcorder new version HD #11 on e-bay at 40$, but have a question about charging time.

Please reply if on new #11 version problem with battery and time charging about 1 hour is present? or i can plug device to USB or more time then one hour.

Big Thanks for reply my dear friends..

Sorry for my english...
alivestone is offline Find More Posts by alivestone
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:26 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
I really dont think a remote shutter option on the 808 camera would be very useful. The still pictures just plain suck!

Now if they can give us live composite video out while it records... Might be useful for FPV!
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:46 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
810 Posts
That makes sense! I guess I will have to see if the Flycamone HD takes decent photos. At this point though I will probably still get the keychain cam.
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Closed Thread