SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2014, 07:01 PM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,380 Posts
No worries at all. But clarifying might help a newbie reading your (very nice) build thread.

Tom
T_om is offline Find More Posts by T_om
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2014, 10:39 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,929 Posts
Might be a good thing to raise both ailerons a little for the maiden flight and put 'em back
in neutral after you get the feel of it.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 12, 2014, 08:54 PM
Mike Brinker
SouthEast Michigan
Joined May 2008
555 Posts
Thanks for your sugggestion E-Challenged.

My electronics are SpeKtrum (i have a dx7) and when I setup everything up, the ailerons are wired separately (aileron and aux1 plugs in the receiver. I set them up as flaperons in case I needed to adjust either alierons separately. Raising both alerons is an option and would create more lift BUT I think on the maiden I will have all flight surfaces set to neutral. I am confident about the wings and the weight. As it stands the bird weighs 7.8 lbs not including the battery. So, wing loading is fine. Topflite DC-3 kits are weighing in at 10+ lbs.

It is always nice to have options and again, I appreciate your comments.
Thanks for the suggestion.
tr6world is offline Find More Posts by tr6world
Old May 13, 2014, 09:29 AM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,943 Posts
It'll fly fine, she's over 100 watts / lb, and we're at a Hugh efficiency area on the motors.
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger