New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2015, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by mikeyfromnz
Joined Mar 2015
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post

Like taking off with your ailerons reversed though, I bet nearly every rc modeller has done it at some point.
HA HA yes done that once or twice , but not for a long time , i now even check between battery change overs
mikeyfromnz is offline Find More Posts by mikeyfromnz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2015, 01:16 AM
Find More Posts by DJI Boy
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2015
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfromnz View Post
this is what my runway normally looks like ( for those who may be interested )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA2BZu08DDk
great.
DJI Boy is offline Find More Posts by DJI Boy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by Hogwit
Joined May 2012
128 Posts
Does anyone have one that is new or in good condition they would be willing to sell?
Hogwit is offline Find More Posts by Hogwit
Old Dec 27, 2015, 02:08 PM
Joined Mar 2015
33 Posts
It was almost all over this morning

UAV 3000 uav/fpv composite DUKE BOYS TAKE OFF PART 2 (2 min 29 sec)
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by Martin Y
400' ..... NOT
Canada
Joined Jan 2009
4,649 Posts
Yikes! Breath in, out, in, out.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
Old Dec 29, 2015, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by bleakandobscure
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
It looked like the flaps were fully retracted on takeoff. It might help to use about 15 degrees or so to shorten the takeoff roll.
bleakandobscure is offline Find More Posts by bleakandobscure
Old Feb 21, 2016, 01:08 AM
Joined Mar 2015
33 Posts
For sale

ok so I have decided to sell my UAV 3000 , I have had my fun with it , and its time for it to go to a new home , question is ,,,,, should I advertise it on the likes of EBAY and try to sell it internationally or just sell it locally ? I guess shipping would be around the $200 mark to the furthest flung part of the globe , your advise would be much appreciated
Old Feb 25, 2016, 06:30 AM
Find More Posts by I want to C OSD
Joined Feb 2011
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfromnz View Post
ok so I have decided to sell my UAV 3000 , I have had my fun with it , and its time for it to go to a new home , question is ,,,,, should I advertise it on the likes of EBAY and try to sell it internationally or just sell it locally ? I guess shipping would be around the $200 mark to the furthest flung part of the globe , your advise would be much appreciated
I believe you'll find the shipping your biggest problem in passing it on. No Government Postal Service (to my knowledge) will touch it, leaving only a few international courier companies. Sell it locally would be my tip for a painless transaction, tho you'll probably have to list it with flea-bay to get the exposure.

Did you PM Hogwit? (see post above)
I want to C OSD is offline Find More Posts by I want to C OSD
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Fight for the Right to FPV!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,868 Posts
I've not kept up with the old thread but what part of the world are you in Mikey? I know a couple guys around here with kits in various states of disrepair (due to the lack of parts). I know shipping costs usually preempt this kind of thing unless someone's lucky enough to be within driving distance of you. Oh, sorry mate. Hadn't had my coffee and just read your full name hopefully you'll find someone there local that appreciates the 3000 as much as we all have!
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Last edited by melsailsnorth; Feb 25, 2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 02:12 PM
400' ..... NOT
Canada
Joined Jan 2009
4,649 Posts
From New Zealand to Canada? Think cheaper if I picked it up.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 09:15 PM
Joined Mar 2015
33 Posts
hi guys yeah I thought as much the shipping would be the killer , though my UAV is in pristine condition i'll be sad to see it go , might stick it on the local trade/ auction site and test the water see if there is any interest
cheers
Old Feb 26, 2016, 05:03 AM
Find More Posts by awmeade
Registered Slopeaphile
S-u-A, UK.
Joined Jan 2003
1,093 Posts
On the same note - if any come up in the UK for sale, please drop me a line
awmeade is offline Find More Posts by awmeade
Old Feb 27, 2016, 01:11 PM
400' ..... NOT
Canada
Joined Jan 2009
4,649 Posts
$135NZD ($120CDN) to ship using the NZ calculator maybe still worth it. PM sent.
Last edited by Martin Y; Feb 27, 2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:33 PM
ATD
Find More Posts by ATD
ATD
RP Flight Systems
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
We are looking at re engineering the UAV 3000 and offering it for sale again. Of course all the short falls would be removed and beefed up where it need be and improved upon in general. Questions are whether or not it would be in demand. The HK version had issues for certain. I have two of them and my experience showed it had weaknesses. The other one I never built out and it sits. When I flew the one I did build it was a pretty nice bird in general. Loads of room and plenty of options to play around with the CG and payloads. Flew very well and had no real nasty habits to speak of.

Since HK has refused to answer us on any questions about it, we take that as an abandoned product. Therefor we are thinking about doing this and rebranding it and offering it in a Carbon Fiber version. As you will no doubt guess, doing it in CF will be expensive and bring it into a commercial grade and class UAV.....Not a hobbyist toy......just thinking about this....
ATD is offline Find More Posts by ATD
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2015
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
We are looking at re engineering the UAV 3000 and offering it for sale again. Of course all the short falls would be removed and beefed up where it need be and improved upon in general. Questions are whether or not it would be in demand. The HK version had issues for certain. I have two of them and my experience showed it had weaknesses. The other one I never built out and it sits. When I flew the one I did build it was a pretty nice bird in general. Loads of room and plenty of options to play around with the CG and payloads. Flew very well and had no real nasty habits to speak of.

Since HK has refused to answer us on any questions about it, we take that as an abandoned product. Therefor we are thinking about doing this and rebranding it and offering it in a Carbon Fiber version. As you will no doubt guess, doing it in CF will be expensive and bring it into a commercial grade and class UAV.....Not a hobbyist toy......just thinking about this....
Hi , I guess it would come down to price , the HK version was quite cheap for what you actually got in the box . With the popularity of the multi rotors for commercial use for example tv production , or the like would there really be a market for it? I would really like something more robust , but at the end of the day it comes down to $$$
Good luck if you go ahead with it