Old Oct 22, 2015, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by tugboatpete
Joined Oct 2015
2 Posts
9053 helicopter

Hi all just a quick post i have purchased a 9053 and i am doing the mods i have shortened the fly bar by 4 inches also removed the decorative tail fin replaced the 27.145 Mhz standard radio kit with a 40 Mhz receiver and tx also modded the tail rotor running bigger crossed rotors and replacing the standard battery with a lipo 3000 milliamp type also fitted a camera so all looking good going to make up a flying rig to hold the heli approx 4 ft off the ground as im doing the balance set up in the house may need to pop some clay into the nose as it seems to be back end heavy will keep you posted best regards.
tugboatpete is offline Find More Posts by tugboatpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by Aerogasrc
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jun 2013
130 Posts
I was going thru my storage and came upon boxes of spare parts for Double horse 9053, enough parts to rebuild it least10 times, there RX boards, Canopy, Fly-bars, Rotor blades, Main frames, Tail booms, Main gears, Landing skids,Flight Battery's, just of the top of my head its all Brand new and I Iike to sell it all ,make someone a good deal if they were buy everything. Was going to post in for sale area, but there nothing listed for the coaxail style helicopters, so I thought I try here.

If anyone like more info they can contact me my email is toomuchfun951@yahoo.com
Aerogasrc is offline Find More Posts by Aerogasrc
Old Jan 07, 2016, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by openroad
Joined Jan 2016
1 Posts
upgrade rear motor and blade

ive just up graded the rear motor and blade and the controls are back to front. pull back to go forward and vice verser. and ideas whats wrong and how to fix. tried swapping the wires on the connector but something not right feels like there is more power in reverse than forward. any idea whats up?
openroad is offline Find More Posts by openroad
Old Jan 20, 2016, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by rossi46
Let's Go Mets!
United Kingdom, Scotland, Galashiels
Joined Jan 2016
256 Posts
Just bought my first 9053 after messing about with minis and micros since last year.

It's on its first charge now. I'm gonna go on a maiden flight in the dark.

**Edit** ...and it was awesome!

I modded the tail rotor while I was waiting for her to charge. I cut down a couple of micro main blades and sanded them smooth. Superglued in place, they make a fantastic noise. Forward thrust is good in the slight breeze.
rossi46 is online now Find More Posts by rossi46
Last edited by rossi46; Jan 20, 2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: update
Old Jan 21, 2016, 08:41 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Joined Jan 2016
256 Posts
Is it still considered beneficial to remove the tail struts?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by Rhea
Registered with FAA since 2016
United States, MN, Eden Prairie
Joined Oct 2008
2,429 Posts
I am a fixed-wing guy but I have just been gifted with a Double Horse 9053 with a broken bottom fan clip and of course one missing blade as well as a dead battery.

I can find the replacement parts on the Xenonproject.com web site or E-bay for about $30 and I should be able to find a Lipo battery to use.

Nothing seems to be bent or binding so I’m wondering if this is worth the cost to get this thing back in the air? It has the 27 MHz radio which makes me a little apprehensive. Would it be worth changing the radio to the 40 MHz frequency?

Another question is does this heli do well outside in anything over zero MPH wind?
Rhea is offline Find More Posts by Rhea
Old Mar 16, 2016, 04:56 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Joined Jan 2016
256 Posts
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, friend, but the cash you'd spend getting the 9053 back up in the air (not mention the time doing the necessary mods) is just not worth it.

Blade strikes, little or no forward thrust, motors made out of chocolate sponge cake and fragile everything else would soon have you regretting getting involved with the 9053.

If you want a reasonable heli for not much more than you'd spend on the 9053, then I would suggest a FX071C or the WLToys V912. Even a cute little V911 would be better than the DH.

In the last 4 months, I learned all this the hard way. I started with a 9053 before I joined these forums. I'm only now making up for lost time.

Sorry, bro.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by Rhea
Registered with FAA since 2016
United States, MN, Eden Prairie
Joined Oct 2008
2,429 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I did see one for sale new for $35. made me think if I did want one I could start with new for the same money.

I did see some videos showing mods to make them a little better. Two mods come to mind from your comments; one was to shorten the balance bar so it didn't hit the bottom rotors and mods to the tail rotor for more thrust.
Rhea is offline Find More Posts by Rhea
Old Mar 16, 2016, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by rusty case
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
460 Posts
I would agree, and reinforce the prior advisory.

The volitation is a poor design, and collection of components.

It is big, and impressive, requiring a great deal of power applied to get up off the ground. Generally, it flew up too high, and the operator lost control of it for that reason. It would not maintain an acceptable height for more than moments.
Next problem was the rotor blades frequently collided with each other causing immediate disaster.
I worked on a few of the fixes upon my still unflown 9053 volitation, which had been a gift, way back when.
There may still be a number of the vids on youtube showing them in crash mode... actually, in one video it did fly away, never to be seen again.
They were incapable of dealing with any amount of breeze.
..the interesting thing about one of the vids is you can actually hear the rotors clacking, before it fell from grace !
They would certainly look nice on a mantle, or hanging from the ceiling !
ymmv
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by kgoodone
Flying at North Edward's
United States, CA, North Edwards
Joined Jun 2010
225 Posts
Hi Gents! You want to make that thing bug out? Go to Hobbypartz and pick up a 9104 tail motor and install it on you 9053/9118/9101. It becomes a very different bird.
kgoodone is offline Find More Posts by kgoodone