HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Oct 22, 2015, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by tugboatpete
Joined Oct 2015
2 Posts
9053 helicopter

Hi all just a quick post i have purchased a 9053 and i am doing the mods i have shortened the fly bar by 4 inches also removed the decorative tail fin replaced the 27.145 Mhz standard radio kit with a 40 Mhz receiver and tx also modded the tail rotor running bigger crossed rotors and replacing the standard battery with a lipo 3000 milliamp type also fitted a camera so all looking good going to make up a flying rig to hold the heli approx 4 ft off the ground as im doing the balance set up in the house may need to pop some clay into the nose as it seems to be back end heavy will keep you posted best regards.
tugboatpete is offline Find More Posts by tugboatpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:41 PM
Find More Posts by Aerogasrc
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jun 2013
111 Posts
I was going thru my storage and came upon boxes of spare parts for Double horse 9053, enough parts to rebuild it least10 times, there RX boards, Canopy, Fly-bars, Rotor blades, Main frames, Tail booms, Main gears, Landing skids,Flight Battery's, just of the top of my head its all Brand new and I Iike to sell it all ,make someone a good deal if they were buy everything. Was going to post in for sale area, but there nothing listed for the coaxail style helicopters, so I thought I try here.

If anyone like more info they can contact me my email is toomuchfun951@yahoo.com
Aerogasrc is offline Find More Posts by Aerogasrc
Old Jan 07, 2016, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by openroad
Joined Jan 2016
1 Posts
upgrade rear motor and blade

ive just up graded the rear motor and blade and the controls are back to front. pull back to go forward and vice verser. and ideas whats wrong and how to fix. tried swapping the wires on the connector but something not right feels like there is more power in reverse than forward. any idea whats up?
openroad is offline Find More Posts by openroad
Old Jan 20, 2016, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by rossi46
Let's Go Mets!
United Kingdom, Scotland, Galashiels
Joined Jan 2016
49 Posts
Just bought my first 9053 after messing about with minis and micros since last year.

It's on its first charge now. I'm gonna go on a maiden flight in the dark.

**Edit** ...and it was awesome!

I modded the tail rotor while I was waiting for her to charge. I cut down a couple of micro main blades and sanded them smooth. Superglued in place, they make a fantastic noise. Forward thrust is good in the slight breeze.
rossi46 is online now Find More Posts by rossi46
Last edited by rossi46; Jan 20, 2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: update
Old Jan 21, 2016, 09:41 AM
Find More Posts by rossi46
Let's Go Mets!
United Kingdom, Scotland, Galashiels
Joined Jan 2016
49 Posts
Is it still considered beneficial to remove the tail struts?
rossi46 is online now Find More Posts by rossi46