Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 PM
Shocking!
Kevlar's Avatar
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined May 2002
300 Posts
Discussion
FREE - for a FEE

Free “FREE” sign for Free – just pay $17.95 for shipping and handling charges…money back guaranteed…minus shipping and handling charges.

Get yours today!



....sorry couldn't resist with some of the 'free' items I've been seeing....
Kevlar is online now Find More Posts by Kevlar
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:06 PM
I live on LiPos
RcAirplaneNoob's Avatar
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
*cough* MIKEYOUR *cough*
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:22 PM
Registered User
tinkerbill's Avatar
United States, OR, Gresham
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
I hear ya. Anything over actual cost to ship the free item ruins the spirit of the thing however, a person should not have to give away something and pay shipping too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
Free “FREE” sign for Free – just pay $17.95 for shipping and handling charges…money back guaranteed…minus shipping and handling charges. Get yours today!
....sorry couldn't resist with some of the 'free' items I've been seeing....
tinkerbill is offline Find More Posts by tinkerbill
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:42 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
I wonder if any of you that are coughing have actually given something away that has to be package in something bigger than a padded envelope.

anyhow, a box isn't cheap, then driving to the PO isn't cheap (gas is $4/gallon)
And on top of that, someone's gotta box it up and actually take the time to drive and stand in line to send it.

Oh and BTW - the last time I checked a simple double boxed that would fix a regular DX7 Tx costed me $12 to ship + $1 for tracking. I hear rates have gone up.

If someone's willing to send something to me that I need and charge me $12...phewwww...I'd be all over it.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:47 PM
wolfking
Wolfking44's Avatar
Canada, AB, Spruce Grove
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I wonder if any of you that are coughing have actually given something away that has to be package in something bigger than a padded envelope.

anyhow, a box isn't cheap, then driving to the PO isn't cheap (gas is $4/gallon)
And on top of that, someone's gotta box it up and actually take the time to drive and stand in line to send it.

Oh and BTW - the last time I checked a simple double boxed that would fix a regular DX7 Tx costed me $12 to ship + $1 for tracking. I hear rates have gone up.

If someone's willing to send something to me that I need and charge me $12...phewwww...I'd be all over it.
Agreed!!
Wolfking44 is offline Find More Posts by Wolfking44
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
i agree sometimes ppl have to charge shipping ...But then there are some ppl that charge 10 to 15 bucks to ship when in fact it would only cost 4 dollars
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
I hear ya. Anything over actual cost to ship the free item ruins the spirit of the thing however, a person should not have to give away something and pay shipping too
I would! in fact I would even enclose $100.00 cash with the free item. You never know the person that's getting the free item and the free shipping might also want some free cash!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:24 PM
KG4WXI
USA, GA, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
ok am i first on the 100 dollar cash




Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I would! in fact I would even enclose $100.00 cash with the free item. You never know the person that's getting the free item and the free shipping might also want some free cash!
kurtis01 is offline Find More Posts by kurtis01
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:13 AM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbill View Post
I hear ya. Anything over actual cost to ship the free item ruins the spirit of the thing however, a person should not have to give away something and pay shipping too
Now I would not think that charging $5 shipping for something that cost $3 to ship is excessive. But $14 for $3 shipping is. There are packing costs, fuel if you go to drop it off, and paypal fees. But yeah, some of this stuff needs to be in the for sale section.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:56 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
DogFly.'s Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
I just shipped a "free" electric motor, at my expense, almost $5 with a padded envelope, not to mention gas to drive to USPS.
How many of you have given free items?
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:33 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFly. View Post
I just shipped a "free" electric motor, at my expense, almost $5 with a padded envelope, not to mention gas to drive to USPS.
How many of you have given free items?
that's generous of you; however, if I have to pay for shipping to give away something, I'd rather just trash it.

I've given away more than a few items during my time here; and I've always charged actual shipping and in a couple of the cases ended up paying a few bucks to get it out

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436009

above link is to a Tx and rx I gave away a couple years ago. Quoted $10, and ended up paying $13 for actual shipping, and that's not including gas, box, and my time. And yes; that's why I keep sticking up for folks that charge $$$ for free items.

You would think $13 is excessive; but again, if I was on the receiving end and getting something I wanted, I'd be more than happy to pay $13 to have someone send it to my doorsteps.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:48 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
DogFly.'s Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Just sayin!
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:16 AM
20+ years of RC flying
BigIron357's Avatar
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,208 Posts
Yeah, I've seen a few things in the free section which could be purchased new WITH shipping for cheaper than the "free" price quoted. LOL
BigIron357 is offline Find More Posts by BigIron357
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:19 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFly. View Post
I just shipped a "free" electric motor, at my expense, almost $5 with a padded envelope, not to mention gas to drive to USPS.
How many of you have given free items?
I shipped off my 2.4 Ghz 4CH FMS transmitter with 3 receivers, free item, and shipping paid by ME! ($16 to Canada)

I think that you can charge shipping, but I choose not to
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:59 PM
"Thats right Iceman"
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Jul 2011
128 Posts
I think the funniest thing... is that the ones that are grumbling about the free section never give anything free away. Yet they complain as if they had been cheated in some way out of their free item.......LOL
If you want free go see ANIXIS he gives stuff away and pays for shipping too
Its actually a really simple equation just look decide and move on if you dont like it just move on if it makes sense than go for it
If you dont like it move on
If it makes sense go for it
If you dont like it move on
If it makes sense go for it
.................................................. ...................
"Cough Rcairplane noob cough"
MIKEYOUR is online now Find More Posts by MIKEYOUR
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale GY520 w/JR8900 Combo Free Shipping No Fees MolokaiBoy Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 28, 2012 12:06 PM
Sold GY401 FREE SHIPPING<!! NO PP fees MolokaiBoy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Oct 19, 2011 02:24 AM
Discussion Free online auction, sick of ebay fees jketron Other Websites 3 Jun 28, 2006 04:15 AM
Sold Blade Cx, Free Shipping, No Paypal Fees ESO Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Jan 10, 2006 03:05 PM