Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,116 Posts
I think it will be easier to draw conclusion what price T14SG will have if one for same country compare a 8FG Super price and T14SG price. Here in Sweden the price gap is about 35%. I suppose what it will be in other countries also - give or take some % difference.

/Bo
bossee is online now Find More Posts by bossee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:21 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
I just went back into Robbe's site to compare some other Futaba radios.
Robbe has always been overpriced compared to other little dealers so do not speculate on Tower prices.
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
630Euro /1.19 = E529.41c
USD to EURO exrate = 0.767
529.42/0.767 = $690US

Current tower price for 8FG is $489-00

So the price hike would be indicative of around 40% which ties in with Bossee's 35%.

Expect it to cost around $700-00 or similar in price to the 10C 2.4
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,159 Posts
Agreed, and if it comes in at about the $700 level, it will certainly have an impact on the 10C sales, and the 12FG, if the software has the functionality to compete with the 12FG
Pete
pilotpete2 is online now Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:27 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Since Tower is located in Illinois, someone from California will not be taxed on their order. Only if the retailer has a store or facility in your state will you pay your states sales tax. Tower has a warehouse in Nevada, so I suspect someone living there would be charged the Nevada sales tax, as would the resident of Illinois.
Pete
Enjoy it - it is about to end... I am in Texas and Amazon now charges sales tax here as they do in other states they have no presence in. No sales tax is coming to an end.

Back on topic - it looks to be a pretty decent box. Can't wait to see some early reports.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
Expect it to cost around $700-00 or similar in price to the 10C 2.4
street price in Japan is 47.780 Yen with R7008SB so the real price should be close to 600 U$ but I do expect nothing from Tower Monopolies because they don't have the lowest prices of the market just great discount coupons. http://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/english/
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:10 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,248 Posts
That would be a no brainer price for sure!! For $600 how could you NOT want one!!??
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
That would be a no brainer price for sure!! For $600 how could you NOT want one!!??
I agree $600 is really going to limit the sales.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, SC, Clemson
Joined Dec 2011
113 Posts
I hope it does S-FHSS and FASTEST. Gives me incentive to purchase the 8J. this way I know there is an upgrade path. Looks sharp.
redradar is offline Find More Posts by redradar
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,355 Posts
This is definitely going to be my next radio. After using the 8FG I fell in love with "lean and quick" type of design, and this seems to follow the same idea.

And if it does S-FHSS that'd definitely be a huge plus!
Steph280 is online now Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:21 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
That's the question everyone's asking, although I won't be too bothered if it doesn't as there are many low cost FASST compatible receivers out there which have proved to be good as the brand product.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:52 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
hmm 14 sg sure is nice ...think the 8fg looks better as a design tho'...
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,159 Posts
From a marketing stand point, I would hope it would Andy. I would also not be in the least surprised to see the 8FG get a hardware update to the 8FGsd (sooper dooper) after the 14SG is launched, I think having a clear upgrade path for the S-FHSS users to the higher priced models is an important consideration for Futaba. I too don't care if my 8FG is never upgraded for S-FHSS for my own needs. The FrSky prices and support from Aloft hobbies for us in NA make them an attractive alternative. I have one sailplane that requires 4 channels, currently I have an R617FS in it. I have a situation where the little 4 channel micro full range model will be a better choice than the R617FS now in that model, due to the ability to link it in Multi-Mode, providing F/S on all channels, important with a thermal sailplane, to hopefully bring it down nearby, rather than fly off into the wild blue yonder.
Pete
pilotpete2 is online now Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:32 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntboyX View Post
I hope it does S-FHSS and FASTEST. Gives me incentive to purchase the 8J. this way I know there is an upgrade path. Looks sharp.
It will definately do FASSTest and FASST. Only rumour that it is S-FHSS as well but that will be confirmed at launch.

I think it will for the following reasons:

1. Futaba want to keep FrSKY FASST compatible clients in the Futaba camp and 18MZ is too expensive for most while sport flyers are looking for low sot as well as features. The 14SG would plug the gap between 8J and 18MZ nicely

2. It will enable the 14SG to be compatible with Futaba Transmitter Ready (FTR) which is to be rolled out in 2013 (not to be confused with Hobbico TX-R), again offering a more cost effective alternative to the 18MZ in this market and an upgrade path from the 8J.

3) Futaba's marketing direction is extreme flexibility and fewer Tx and Rx models.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:11 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you View Post
Enjoy it - it is about to end... I am in Texas and Amazon now charges sales tax here as they do in other states they have no presence in. No sales tax is coming to an end.

Back on topic - it looks to be a pretty decent box. Can't wait to see some early reports.
As you know...it wasn't Amazon that wanted to start collecting taxes.

This was/is driven primarily by Retailers who compete with Amazon and secondarily in this case, by the Texas State Government.

More Tax money for Texas (and other states)...and more protection for Walmart, Sears, Best Buy, Target, ect...who are loosing market share to Amazon.

...and now back to our regularly scheduled program.. 8-)

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko