HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2015, 03:33 PM
Ex-Fixed Wing RC pilot
Australia, VIC, Baxter
Joined Jun 2014
43 Posts
Help!
Naze32 ESC Calibration & TX Sync of motors

Please excuse if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have searched and not been able to find a thread that covers this question.

First, my new build:
HK Diatone H550 Hex
6 x Turnigy 30a ESC
6 x RC Timer 2830 1000kv
1 x Naze32 (full)

I have completed the build with the above parts, completed the soldering of the Naze32 pins, installed Cleanflight and updated firmware (current). Next I have done basic setup of Naze32 (accelerometer, magnetometer, receiver) and now where I have struck trouble is with ESC/Motor calibration.
I can calibrate the ESCs using CleanFlight (per instructions), all of the 6 motors will start simultaneously and run at full throttle, as indicated in CleanFlight and all motors sound "sweet". When I exit the motor setup in CleanFlight and use my Turnigy 9x TX, arm Naze32 and throttle up full on stick, the images on the motor setup page show all motors running at different speeds (can also hear the difference) and speed dropping, but if I disarm TX/RX and use "master" motor slider in CleanFlight, all motors run full speed.

I hope I have explained this situation clearly and that any of the Forum readers may be able to help me sort this out and give me some idea what I may or may not have done correctly. I am wondering if there is an issue with the Turnigy 9x, but it seems fine with my other builds.

I have 2 other Naze32 acro boards on 250 minis and they behave as expected.

Cheers, Jet.
Jet Jackson is online now Find More Posts by Jet Jackson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:07 PM
Ex-Fixed Wing RC pilot
Australia, VIC, Baxter
Joined Jun 2014
43 Posts
I posted this same question on the RCGroups International Forum and had a few replies. One chap suggested that I fit props to the hex and test hover, which would give "correct" motor speeds rather than seeing the results of the Naze32 in "loop" mode on the bench.
I have now done the hover test outside and everything seems to be fine, so problem solved.

Cheers, Jet.
Jet Jackson is online now Find More Posts by Jet Jackson