SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2014, 06:13 PM
plane smasheruper
United Kingdom, England, East Cowes
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Alert
handy glue found

hi all, thought i would share my experiance of a new glue i tried this weekend on my epp pitts build, ive tried CA with kicker and epoxy glues in the past but this stuff is excellant...its called unibond 100% power glue (no solvent)so it has no smell, it claims to be able to glue any material including foam..it has a tack time of 30 min and a max drying time of 24hr so its slow going and not suitable for field repairs, but if you want a strong flexible joint this stuff is great. it sets like firm latex..it retails at 5.99 and is available at any sainsburys supermarket so is always available..go ahead and give it a try
Se5me is offline Find More Posts by Se5me
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2014, 04:13 AM
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
597 Posts
Wow.... your in Cowes... Im in Eastleigh

i found some stuff in B&Q yesterday from Bostick its called Glu and Fix, it claims to be able to bond foam, RRP a few quid, results so far is that it can eat foam.

It will eat foam, if you dont spread it, directly apply the glue to area, then with stick or card, spread the glue. This not only releases the solvents but dramatically reduces tack time to about 30 seconds, flight worthy bond about 30 mins. The worst is have seen it eat foam so far, is etching the surface about 0.5mm.

BTW it would have been pertanant to say this thread is based in the UK, as it is not that easy to get ahold of Uhu Por, or Gorilla Glue. unless you know exactly where to look. (Hobby Craft) But they will charge you through the nose for the stuff.
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: This pilot is Grounded :(
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:24 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Loctite Crafters is a great glue to bond foam, plastic to foam, wood to foam. Dries clear and flexibil .
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot