HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2014, 10:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoy View Post
How do you lock the legs of the rider on his steps ?

Glue ? all the times the legs goes out of their lock ball .
I never had an issue with the std footpegs holding the feet although I did break one. I found these from Hobbyking for the QRF to be a really tight fit to get his feet on so should be better at holding them in position, you will need longer screws to hold these pegs. I bought some of the springs to try also and am using the longer orange one now with the std shock.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2014, 02:39 AM
AYP
france
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
Quote:
How do you lock the legs of the rider on his steps ?

Glue ? all the times the legs goes out of their lock ball .
Bonjour.
Avec un pilote articulé,un support fendu de quad HPI sur une tige fileté M3 ŕ l'emplacement d'origine.

Hello.
With a hinged driver, supporting quad split HPI on a threaded rod M3 at the original location.

AYP is offline Find More Posts by AYP
Old Nov 10, 2014, 03:56 PM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
314 Posts
J'aime avoir mon explication en Frenchie ! la ca va plus sauter le monsieur !

I like to see the explain in French language !If the pilot jump is that he brake his legs :-)
Helicoy is offline Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Nov 11, 2014, 02:08 AM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Australia, NSW, Royal National Park
Joined Sep 2013
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Bonjour.
Avec un pilote articulé,un support fendu de quad HPI sur une tige fileté M3 ŕ l'emplacement d'origine.

Hello.
With a hinged driver, supporting quad split HPI on a threaded rod M3 at the original location.

Engine detail and steering damper on SR4 - nice AYP .
King of the hill is online now Find More Posts by King of the hill
Old Nov 22, 2014, 01:58 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
Hello. I´m sorry to come up with a noob question, but I`m new on this forum. Just bought a Phantom 400 after reading about it here, and I just need to know if the gyro is supposed to start spinning when you connect the battery? Even if the power button is off? If not, Im going to return the bike and ask for another one.
torkorp is offline Find More Posts by torkorp
Old Nov 22, 2014, 02:27 PM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
605 Posts
If it's wired the same as an Atomik MM450 then yes that's correct. The gyro ESC is wired direct to the battery.
Syncro is online now Find More Posts by Syncro
Old Nov 22, 2014, 02:52 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
Thank you! Thats all I needed to know before loctiting and adjusting everything.
torkorp is offline Find More Posts by torkorp
Old Nov 22, 2014, 05:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torkorp View Post
Hello. I´m sorry to come up with a noob question, but I`m new on this forum. Just bought a Phantom 400 after reading about it here, and I just need to know if the gyro is supposed to start spinning when you connect the battery? Even if the power button is off? If not, Im going to return the bike and ask for another one.
Hi, the ESC has no low voltage cut off also so make sure you disconnect the battery as soon as the main motor feels like it starts to lose some power. I don't think the main ESC has a cut either so just be wary not to run the battery down. Lipos won't tolerate the voltage going lower than about 3.2 volts per cell. So about 9.6 volts for a 3s. The std battery that comes with the Phantom is pretty sad in performance and run time. Hobbyking do a 4000 25c battery for the QRF that fits with a small battery box mod ( just cut the plastic tabs ) and performs better with huge run time. There's a few other bits here that fit the bike also such as the alloy swingarm ( grub screws needed ) and some different springs, I tried the longer orange one and am happy with it.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...400_Parts.html
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:59 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Oct 2003
121 Posts
hello all
For those that have this and SR4, which one do you recommend? this seems to be better looking. How does it"s handling compare to SR4?

Thank you.
yesbee1 is offline Find More Posts by yesbee1
Old Dec 03, 2014, 10:23 AM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
314 Posts
By far you'd better buy the SKYRC SR4 .
Old Dec 03, 2014, 11:26 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Quote:
By far you'd better buy the SKYRC SR4 .
Do you own both bikes now Helicoy? Can you explain how the sr4 is far better?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 03, 2014, 11:57 AM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
314 Posts
Off course i have the two bikes !

Phantom 400 need to be upgrade to be same as SR4 , when you see the price you undertsand why it is not at the same level .

I have a Phantom 400 to sell without the radio if someone is interested ... and a new in box SR4 Skyrc blue color.
Old Dec 03, 2014, 06:57 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Quote:
Off course i have the two bikes !

Phantom 400 need to be upgrade to be same as SR4 , when you see the price you undertsand why it is not at the same level .

I have a Phantom 400 to sell without the radio if someone is interested ... and a new in box SR4 Skyrc blue color.
That's right the Phantom is cheaper & has more scale looks & the mods i have done to my Phantom to make oil forks, steering damper, alloy swinger, bigger sensorless motor combo it still wouldn't have cost as much as an SR4 would have.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie