SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 03, 2014, 07:59 PM
Joined Oct 2012
40 Posts
Hi there... I dont remember what value a use... BTW you have to turn off the power supply before change the switch to change the voltage.
Changchung is offline Find More Posts by Changchung
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2014, 05:30 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
206 Posts
Has anyone had their DPS-1200FBA stop outputting power after floating the DC ground? I bought two of these units to run in series, and followed the RChelination write-up to float the ground on one of them. Prior to the modification, both units put out 12.3V perfectly. The floated unit now outputs around 0.3V and the LED light doesn't come on. I've verified with my multimeter that the DC ground is indeed floated (infinite resistance between output terminals and the case) and the AC ground is still intact (continuity between each output terminal and ground prong on the AC input plug).

I've also made sure that there's no cross-connectivity between where I soldered the resistors. One of the terminals between 33 and 38 does still put out 12.3v, I dont recall which one it was. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Couchking is offline Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Nov 23, 2014, 06:46 PM
Joined Dec 2003
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuprox View Post
Has anyone figured out what resistors are necessary to wire to the pots connection like in.......
There should be enough info in this post for you to figure out what to do.
http://goo.gl/0sRucw
I don't know of a way to get up to 13.8V. I only managed about 13.6V.
aerobear is offline Find More Posts by aerobear
Old Nov 23, 2014, 06:58 PM
Joined Dec 2003
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutz2005 View Post
Ok since no one wants to share this info........
I don't think it's that no one wants to share. More likely, no one knows. Most users here at RCgroups are RC oriented and need more voltage, not amperage. There seems to be a recent influx of non RC people looking for parallel supplies to charge large batteries. I assume these are E-bike people. Personally I welcome them but their needs are a bit different from RC needs.

This particular thread is not widely read. You may have more luck posting in the main thread on server supply conversions.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1005309

Thanks for sharing the info you have found. Your info would be most helpful to others if posted in this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514
aerobear is offline Find More Posts by aerobear
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:20 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutz2005 View Post
Ok since no one wants to share this info i decided to risk my psus to figure it out and it seems like i found it. I think its pin #34 and when connected the voltages match up and the load looks to be shared. I tried with both connected to a surge protector and that was connected to a meter on the wall which showed about 200w which is what i put on the psus and when i took one off the power strip and powered one on the meter read 200w about but when i hooked the other one up to the meter and also powered the second one on without it being on the meter the meter read 100w so the other half is on the second psu. Sounds about right to me and it looks like everything is good so far. I will try with a higher load soon and if ne thing goes wrong i will update this post but with the test load it seemed fine.
Numnutz2005 are you able to confirm that pin 34 still looks like it's the load sharing pin? Have you had success running the PSU's like that without notably damaging anything?
DemoMan2502 is offline Find More Posts by DemoMan2502