SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:49 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I love it. The 250 flies on rails (smooth and stable). It flies just like the 3GYS does on the 450. With 12 degrees pitch it now has more punch and the tail (DS95i 760us) is solid, and with torque compensation set to 5, the tail doesn't budge on a sustained full pitch pump.

I felt like I could piro non stop all day and the default piro speed with EPAs set to 100 is just right for me. Again like the 3GYS the slowest tail speed is a little faster than I would like, but it has no effect on normal flight. The rudder Tx deadband is larger than other tail gyros I've used, but this is good for beginners and learning 3D.

There is no drift, like my KDS Ebar had, and the cyclic stays level traveling from full negative to full positive pitch.

I set the elevator and Aileron dual rates to 90% for the first flight, and the tail gain was set to a true gain of 28.

Feel free to ask any questions about my setup.

You couldn't ask for better than this from a flybarless gyro, especially for the price. Bring on the programming box.

Good to hear...Im definatley going to pull the trigger on this unit...Probly 2 or 3.....I will definatley put one on the 450 first but im thinking about giving it a shot on the 600...What you think??
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:13 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSpunUp View Post
Good to hear...Im definatley going to pull the trigger on this unit...Probly 2 or 3.....I will definatley put one on the 450 first but im thinking about giving it a shot on the 600...What you think??
I've always said the best test for any gyro is the 250. As the heli gets bigger, the gyros job gets easier. If it doesn't work well on your 600, I'd be very surprised.

BTW, the box says "Flybarless for 200 to 700 helicopters".
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
nice! Thanks for that, Im pulling the trigger! will keep the thread updated...
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:50 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Just finished 4 more ~6 minute flights. Tail gain is now at 32. It's just so much fun to fly. I can't find any strange cyclic effects like you get with the 3GX, just smooth flying. The only thing I notice is a small tail twitch when you're in the hover and you put in a very small amount of tail input.

I should also have mentioned that I'm using the suggested 40% expo on cyclic and 30% on the tail. People learning would be better off using less or no expo and a much lower dual rate setting, say 60% to start.
Last edited by beenflying; Oct 26, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:59 PM
Tokyo
Joined Sep 2009
446 Posts
Hi beenflying,

I have checked work of GYRO by the bench test in the following setup.

Combined Orange RX 6ch and TARO ZYX 3 AXIS GYRO for HK250. TX is DX6i.

Swashplate type:1servo NORM
Reverse:AILE-R, ELEV-R, PITC-R
The system menu:
1 flash direction gyro--- Direction 1*
2 flashes Parameter group selection--- Yellow ,2 flashes: 3Dmode
3 flashes Dervo type--- Yellow ,3 flashes: all 1520us digital.
4 flashes Swashplate type--- Yellow ,2 flashes: 120 degree CCPM*
5 flashes Pirouete optmization--- Blue ,1 flash: negative*

setup menu: All Factory default setting.
(Probably it seems that these setup can be performed by TX.)

However, although it is a setup of Direction 1, the manual is differed from, and if the LEDs panel side is not mounted as the undersurface, GYRO compensation of ELEV does not work correctly You are also the same mount...

Thanks,
Tipstar is offline Find More Posts by Tipstar
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:02 PM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
191 Posts
Hi beenflying,

Thank you for the great info on the ZYX!

I have been hoping for an inexpensive 3-axis unit ever since I got my BeastX last year. I just ordered the a ZYX with the 250 head, can't wait to try in on my rigid 4 blade 450 pro. I was about to order another beastX, but seems like a waste for a scale body. After I figure it out, will probably get another for the 250. It is flying pretty well right now. BTW, I have given up on the GA250 for now. Great to see all these new mems units coming along.

Thanks again.

Terry
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:57 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstar View Post
Hi beenflying,

I have checked work of GYRO by the bench test in the following setup.

Combined Orange RX 6ch and TARO ZYX 3 AXIS GYRO for HK250. TX is DX6i.

Swashplate type:1servo NORM
Reverse:AILE-R, ELEV-R, PITC-R
The system menu:
1 flash direction gyro--- Direction 1*
2 flashes Parameter group selection--- Yellow ,2 flashes: 3Dmode
3 flashes Dervo type--- Yellow ,3 flashes: all 1520us digital.
4 flashes Swashplate type--- Yellow ,2 flashes: 120 degree CCPM*
5 flashes Pirouete optmization--- Blue ,1 flash: negative*

setup menu: All Factory default setting.
(Probably it seems that these setup can be performed by TX.)

However, although it is a setup of Direction 1, the manual is differed from, and if the LEDs panel side is not mounted as the undersurface, GYRO compensation of ELEV does not work correctly You are also the same mount...

Thanks,
Hi. Tipstar. Yes, I'm using direction 1. Once you have the cyclic working correctly, by using the Tx reversing and the gyro servo reversing, you then use option 5 in the setup menu. This menu allows you to reverse each of the 3 gyros, so that they compensate in the correct direction. I had to reverse both roll and pitch (aileron and elevator) using option 5.

Make sure Pirouette optimization is correct. When you spin the helicopter the tilted swash plate should appear to stay still (point to the same place in the room). Don't be fooled by this option timing out and reverting back to level.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:13 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
Hi beenflying,

Thank you for the great info on the ZYX!

I have been hoping for an inexpensive 3-axis unit ever since I got my BeastX last year. I just ordered the a ZYX with the 250 head, can't wait to try in on my rigid 4 blade 450 pro. I was about to order another beastX, but seems like a waste for a scale body. After I figure it out, will probably get another for the 250. It is flying pretty well right now. BTW, I have given up on the GA250 for now. Great to see all these new mems units coming along.

Thanks again.

Terry
Hi Terry. One report I've seen for the ZYX, the user said it flew just like his BeastX v2 and he was talking about doing "Rainbows, snakes, piro-flips".

Yes it's great that these new low cost 3-axis gyros are working so well. They will help people to learn quicker and cost them less when they crash.

All the best
David
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:30 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
Great news...Any reason to invest in this unit vs just buying another ALZRC 3 axis gyro if you have the programmer already from a prior purchase?
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:50 PM
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Just ordered mine up.....If its as good as Im reading its hard to beat 118 shipped to the door for a 3 axis gyro, metal tail control holders fine tune adjustable pitch linkages, fancy red frame washer and a couple other pointless items.....Super stoked to get my chaos 600 fbl in the air...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:54 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Great news...Any reason to invest in this unit vs just buying another ALZRC 3 axis gyro if you have the programmer already from a prior purchase?
It flies just like the 3GYS, and there's a good reason for that. Since you already have the programmer, until this one has a programming box, I'd stick with the 3GYS.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:57 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSpunUp View Post
Just ordered mine up.....If its as good as Im reading its hard to beat 118 shipped to the door for a 3 axis gyro, metal tail control holders fine tune adjustable pitch linkages, fancy red frame washer and a couple other pointless items.....Super stoked to get my chaos 600 fbl in the air...
Exciting! Please keep us updated on how the chaos 600 flies.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:08 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
He's some shoots of my 250 after just flying it's 10th flight with the ZYX. Backwards, sliding flips, inverted, rolls, sweet!

I was going to change the pinion to a 16T but I'm not going to bother now, as the extra power from going FBL has given it the extra power I wanted.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 09:33 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Mine arrived today Unfortunately it will be a few days before I can fit them
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Oct 24, 2011, 08:43 PM
Tokyo
Joined Sep 2009
446 Posts
Hi beenflying,

Thanks for advice.
I am going to try those optimization on this weekend.

I have a question.
Is spindle shaft of the Taort 250FL compatible with the Microheli head?

Thanks,
Tipstar is offline Find More Posts by Tipstar