Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by kz4q66
Blackhawk
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2007
304 Posts
Discussion
Jr nex e6-550

I am thinking of buy this heli but could not find much information about it. If you own one, please let me know what you like and do not like about it.
There is a good review on the heli but that is all what I can find about it.
http://www.modelaviation.com/nexe6.
kz4q66 is online now Find More Posts by kz4q66
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2013, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,756 Posts
That heli is decked out !! I like it. I doubt you will get much info you seek here at rcgroups on that specific heli..check out Helifreak or runryder as you will have a larger audience.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jun 12, 2013, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by soneebee
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Not that nice.. It has some weak points
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Jun 12, 2013, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
Not that nice.. It has some weak points
Not that nice compared to what? An upgraded Clone Trash?

Every heli has "weak points"..if you want to nitpick...question is are you a good enough flyer to abuse them beyond their designed performance envelope...?

At least it's not another cheap HK Clone Trash that cost $1000...lol.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Jun 13, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:26 AM
Blackhawk
Joined Jan 2007
304 Posts
Too late I already got one. Anyway do you owned one and what are the weak points.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Am not really a good flier... am just a hovering guy... but this heli really has a bad design on its TT system.. JR used metal to metal gear meshing.. which is not common. specially on unlubricated areas.. to it just wears out like crazy.. at the end heli just failed lost tail authority due to no power.. hahahaha.. ending up in a spare parts galore

JR NEX-E6 - 550 tail failure "uy uy uy uy" (1 min 42 sec)

the defective part....

But if I compare this with the cheap knock off heli from China.. this could easily beat that on price cost....
that 550 crash parts cost ran up the bill to $400..... but this one i was hovering only cost $100 to get replaced...

Copter X Black Angel with CX1X1000Gyro (4 min 3 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Not that nice compared to what? An upgraded Clone Trash?

Every heli has "weak points"..if you want to nitpick...question is are you a good enough flyer to abuse them beyond their designed performance envelope...?

Last edited by soneebee; Jun 13, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 09:38 PM
Blackhawk
Joined Jan 2007
304 Posts
Thanks for the info.
So far I am very happy with the heli. By far this is one the best in term of quality among all helis I've owned.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
Am not really a good flier... am just a hovering guy... but this heli really has a bad design on its TT system.. JR used metal to metal gear meshing.. which is not common. specially on unlubricated areas.. to it just wears out like crazy.. at the end heli just failed lost tail authority due to no power.. hahahaha.. ending up in a spare parts galore

But if I compare this with the cheap knock off heli from China.. this could easily beat that on price cost....
that 550 crash parts cost ran up the bill to $400..... but this one i was hovering only cost $100 to get replaced...
Umm..metal to metal gears have been used successfully in R/C for decades with no problems whatsoever when lubricated properly and with correct gear mesh. Of course if you crash your brand name heli it will cost more to fix...

If you crash your HK clone garbage of course it'll cost less to fix...if you can't afford to fix a Lexus then don't buy one and then complain about repair costs...*facepalm*
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:05 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Yes I agree if you lube metal to metal it will work.. this is why the gears for cars are sealed inside the gear box and is filled with grease / oil will function normally.. but these are torque tube gears.. and are open with no grease requirement... so the whole framework will be filled with filings.. and i dont think greasing this up will work too.. its open and will just attract dirt and will just ruin it easily...

Yup its easier to replace parts from cheap clones.. but its not the cost thats bothering me.. its the material design done by JR. For the past years I have been flying. its the first time I saw JR build a heli with poor design materials.. and for the price.. this heli is considered dirt cheap.. as JR has lowered their standards and pricing... I think they want to compete with ALign on low price cheap helis.. I remember before when I used to fly Hirobo helis.. JR was its direct competitor.. but these were all japanese standards and made in Japan... but this JR.. looks like it was made in China.. even the aluminum parts are of low quality....

Maybe if you will just hover this heli and do some 3D flights.. then it will be good to go.. but for a hard core heli flier...you will need sponsorship for this...... as am sure this part will fail in flight in the long run... HEHEHE good thing i can only do hovering hahahahaha!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Umm..metal to metal gears have been used successfully in R/C for decades with no problems whatsoever when lubricated properly and with correct gear mesh. Of course if you crash your brand name heli it will cost more to fix...

If you crash your HK clone garbage of course it'll cost less to fix...if you can't afford to fix a Lexus then don't buy one and then complain about repair costs...*facepalm*
Last edited by soneebee; Jun 14, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 07:54 AM
Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts

These are a couple derogatory comments made by a fellow member about people's rc products and this is just from one page. We completely understand, you do not hold clone rc products in high regard. They are trash, garbage, and any/all other demeaning descriptions that you so desire them to be. Point taken. We all got it. Out of the 8 heli's I own none are clone, but I still have respect for those that do own them. Some people simply do not have the money to own pristine heli's like you do, but they would still like very much to enjoy the hobby the best they can. Degrading someone's heli is not constructive criticism in any manner. People come to these forums to be part of a hobby, a fellowship of sorts, and to learn from others like you that have more experience and time on the sticks. Continued slandering of their heli's is unnecessary. Can we please all just stick to sharing our stories and experiences without bashing others that either do not have the financial resources others do or simply choose to fly clone heli's because that's what they enjoy flying?
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Last edited by shaun.evans09; Jun 14, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 02:44 PM
Blackhawk
Joined Jan 2007
304 Posts
Well said. Have fun and enjoy the hobby guys!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,756 Posts
Agree with you 100% Shaun....Reminds me of another hobby i was Very into years ago..back when i was 18 and over the next 12 years i was obsessed with "bass fishing" Just starting out at 18 all i could afford was a Rubber 2 man boat and a Zebco 404 rod -n- reel combo. lol...However i still caught my Bass. Only may have looked silly doing so. ...Over the next few years as one tends to make more with age. I financed a real nice 18 foot javelin boat. And a rack of G-Loomis rods...Still caught just as many bass as i did in the days of a rubber boat.
Long story short...It's Just Un-kool as Heck to dog somebody of what they have or prefer to have. This is just a hobby. Not a life blood force. I Also started out with clones, I could afford the nicer machines. But why dirt nap something that is inevitable that cost 1k plus ? ..I can do that with a $400 machine and continue on in my learning curve without breaking the bank. To each their own i say. ....And to this day when I'm out on the lake and i see a young guy out in his Rubber boat Doing his Best to catch fish...I have a Huge amount of respect for that youngster. He is doing the best with what he has at the moment. It sure beats standing on the shoreline with twine in hand and a bobber... But even then, I would never call him a "garbage" angler, nor his tools...Never !!
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Jun 14, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts
That is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm sure if it's your desire to bash people you could probably go find a forum to do it in, but I don't think these rc hobby forums are the ones to do it in. That's all. Hopefully this is the end of it. Now back to the hobby.
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Old Jun 15, 2013, 06:49 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
just check the TT gear occasionally as it seems to be the weak point on this heli... but other parts seems to work fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz4q66 View Post
Thanks for the info.
So far I am very happy with the heli. By far this is one the best in term of quality among all helis I've owned.
Old Aug 06, 2014, 06:17 AM
Find More Posts by mgaproduction
Italy, Piedmont, Asti
Joined Aug 2014
4 Posts
I've this heli from 1 year and i'm very satisfied. I'm not a beginner but i'm not a very professional pilot.

The quality of this heli is very high in the materials and in precision to fly.

This link was when i mounted her : http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/elim...ml#post3942320
mgaproduction is offline Find More Posts by mgaproduction