New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2015, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by Ankit sharma
Joined Sep 2015
3 Posts
B Matthews
Thanks for your reply to my question
I will tell you about the exact glider that I want :
The weight of glider should be around 350 gm.
It will be deployed from 400m from ground and it should take spiral path during descent...
Ankit sharma is offline Find More Posts by Ankit sharma
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2015, 02:18 AM
Find More Posts by BMatthews
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
14,001 Posts
Answered via PM
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by Ankit sharma
Joined Sep 2015
3 Posts
Hello guys
I want to make the balsa hand launch glider.
Fuselage -28cm

And anyone can tell me the calculations for making the glider like wing span and all others

Thank you
Ankit sharma is offline Find More Posts by Ankit sharma
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by BMatthews
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
14,001 Posts
Ankit, I don't know if it's the language/translation issue or what but you keep asking the same question but I don't think you really understand what you want.

You're asking for a hand launch glider but then in your previous post you want it to weigh 350gms and you want to let it drop from a kite or something that is up 400m from the ground. But that is FAR too heavy for a hand launch glider. And in fact 350 grams is more like the weight of a big towline glider which has around a 1.5m wing span or even larger. And releasing a model from some other thing that lifts it up to 400m is not how a free flight model is typically set into its flight. So you need to be more clear on what it is you want to do with this glider.

From the array of different size to lengths it should be clear that there is no calculations. All we really have is a very general set of guidelines for how big the tail surfaces should be compared to the wing. And even with that the range is very wide and depends on the length of the tail and aspect ratio of the wing. Without getting into this sort of confusing discussion I'll repeat that it is far better to simply look at plans for other models that are similar to what you want and copy them. If you want to make it look more original then just alter the outline shape a little without changing much else. Otherwise as a beginner you don't know if any change you make is upsetting the balance of the model design in a negative way.

If you really do want to make a model to fly from a hand launch then you need to start by looking at the sizes and plans for other hand launch gliders. And as I've told you in the private messages you are best off to start with something simple. I've already suggested the "Camp Cookout Glider" as one option which is a little easier to build. And a google search for "hand launch glider plans" turns up a heap of other design options. If you don't like any of these and want to make it a different shape then at least copy the relative length, spans and areas for the wing, tail surfaces and fuselage lengths as shown by this array of example plans.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=hand+...ih=925#imgrc=_
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews