New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2015, 02:05 AM
Find More Posts by Jkyamog
New Zealand, Wellington, Wellington City
Joined Aug 2014
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
Jkyamog, here's a rough idea of how long your linkages should be. All measurements are in mm. With this setup, I get about +/-14.5 degrees on the ends of my pitch.
Thanks for this. Last night I had some time to tweak the master cp, it was already flying but not as good. I tried to make the angle the same as yours, remove the servo. Adjusted the linkages. I was finally able to make the gap on your 3rd photo, but the heli would not fly.

After a bit of looking at photos of the master cp and I recalled 1 video showing how to adjust the blades. I realised that I need to unplug motors, then go full throttle before measuring.

Anyway so it's pretty straight forward to actually do the linkages. Once I understood it better, now I understand how CP helis fly upside down. So pretty much tighten all linkages, then loosen the ones on the servo so the swash plate is level. I then made sure the linkages on the blades to be the same length. After than I measured it again, motor unplug and full throttle. I get roughly the same 10.3 cm gap.

My master cp is now flying well, but its been a long time since I flew the heli I am not confident doing figure 8 again. I will do some more hovers. Kinda funny considering I have flown my quadcopter through cliffs, glaciers, water, rivers, high wind, alpine mountains, etc for the past few weeks. I feel humbled by the heli.
Jkyamog is online now Find More Posts by Jkyamog
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2015, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,111 Posts
Quads are not c/p helis for sure. Just take it easy and get the air time going.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04