SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by KRNAZNBOY
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Feb 2015
21 Posts
Help!
FPV Audio Creating Video Noise and Humming Sound...

Hey guys, after trying out FPV on my custom emax quad, I felt the need for audio, to hear the motors and the voltage alarm.
My FPV system is a set of Fatshark Attitude SD v2
250mw Fatshark VTX (with power filter)
IBCrazy Clover and SPW antennas

I installed a cctv microphone to feed into both the left and right audio channels, and when i plugged everything in, i got this horrible humming noise, which ocurrs even when the microphone is not receiving power. When I give the microphone power, the audio comes on and I receive power, but the video becomes slightly distorted and shaky (if you know what i mean) when i plug my headphones in, and the humming (very loud and obnoxious) does not go away. Everything shares the common ground with the battery ground, but here is how everything is connected

The VTX is powered by a Fatshark power filter, which is hooked up to the balance lead of my main pack. (Is the power filter messing with my common ground?)

The Microphone is powered by the main pack and the signal goes to both the AudioR and AudioR channels of the VTX (mono microphone)

I can't use audio if it messes with my video... What is up?

Please help, thanks

EDIT: It seems like i got it backwards, the VIDEO is CAUSING the audio distortion, as when the lens cap is on, and the screen is black, the noise is minimal, but when i remove the lens cap and i get a picture, the noise gets bad and the video signal gets bad with it....
KRNAZNBOY is offline Find More Posts by KRNAZNBOY
Last edited by KRNAZNBOY; Apr 22, 2015 at 10:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by VRflyer
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
4,016 Posts
When we use mic, we should limit the volume of the mic that enter in the video TX with a resistor. I don`t know exactly why, but I think is because the audio bandwith is too large and affect the video picture.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:15 PM
Joined Feb 2015
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer View Post
When we use mic, we should limit the volume of the mic that enter in the video TX with a resistor. I don`t know exactly why, but I think is because the audio bandwith is too large and affect the video picture.
I put a 100ohm resistor in series with the audio line and it made no difference...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:35 PM
Joined Feb 2015
21 Posts
bump! Help?
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Joined Feb 2015