New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2015, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by sanman55
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpatrick View Post
One of those tanks looks pretty good. I will have to look into that one.

I have a bigger problem.

I'm sure I've hooked something up wrong.
I have a Spectrum DX9 and a 9 channel rcvr.

I have only the throttle, ailerons, rudder and elevators connected to the rcvr for now.
When I power it up, it did bind fine but I just hear the steady beep beep beep that doesn't stop. The sort you normally encounter when you power up without a transmitter or proper bind.
I don't hear the 6 beeps customary to 6S and the control surfaces do not move from the transmitter. Just the usual twitch when they power up.

I gotta be missing something.
Do not know the spectrum but I have a futaba and it will do the same thing IF you do not have the throttle all the way down or the throttle trim needs to come down too....try that old receiver again but with the down trim...it might be right on the line and be fine??
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2015, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by Evan D
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,671 Posts
You set the ESC end points by turning on the transmitter with no power to the airplane, put the TX throttle to full, plug in the plane, wait for the first series of beeps, put the throttle to low and it should beep the number of cells in the pack (6 for the F-86). Set upper and lower throttle positions.
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Apr 23, 2015, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by mkpatrick
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
1,890 Posts
So the problem rcvr was a Spectrum 9 channel. Pretty new.
Turns out the problem is, you have to have at least 2 satellite antennas plugged into it when you bind it.
It will bind with less than two but for some reason it won't talk to the servos and ESC.
I used two satellite antennas and plugged them in and now it works. I got that idea from a HH tech support guy. I wouldn't have thought of that.
mkpatrick is offline Find More Posts by mkpatrick
Old Apr 23, 2015, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by sanman55
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,306 Posts
That's a good point too, setting the range of throttle,That can make it do that too..My dyman bird did that until I set the range but I was just referring to the trim setting too high on throttle...that will sometimes give you the beep,beep,beep on and on...too...need to ck. both ..
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Apr 24, 2015, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by MAMBA2200
Love To Fly
United States, TN, Dandridge
Joined Mar 2013
573 Posts
getting ready to pull the trigger on this plane and i have heard that the retracts on this bird need to be pulled and glued properly can anyone give me some info on this subject and if there is anything else i should know about it that needs to be done preflight thanks in advance for any info
MAMBA2200 is offline Find More Posts by MAMBA2200
Old Apr 24, 2015, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
6,395 Posts
If anyone has this jet in SoCal that is in great shape (no crashes, repairs, etc. and very little hangar rash) please let me know. I'm thinking of getting one, but won't pay for a new one simply because it'll be a putt around jet for fun touch n goes, etc. and that I'd rather buy used, LOL. When it's a jet for speed, I don't mind buying new at all.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Apr 24, 2015, 05:49 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,671 Posts
Mine didn't need reglueing... Try it first, just because 1/10th of 1% need something doesn't mean yours will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
getting ready to pull the trigger on this plane and i have heard that the retracts on this bird need to be pulled and glued properly can anyone give me some info on this subject and if there is anything else i should know about it that needs to be done preflight thanks in advance for any info
Old Apr 24, 2015, 05:51 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,671 Posts
That's what I did, second hand off here on RCG, great deal and awesome plane. 4 packs today. I can't tell you how many touch and go's... 100?? Probably not but at least 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
If anyone has this jet in SoCal that is in great shape (no crashes, repairs, etc. and very little hangar rash) please let me know. I'm thinking of getting one, but won't pay for a new one simply because it'll be a putt around jet for fun touch n goes, etc. and that I'd rather buy used, LOL. When it's a jet for speed, I don't mind buying new at all.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by Bhodi11
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2013
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
Mine didn't need reglueing... Try it first, just because 1/10th of 1% need something doesn't mean yours will.
+1 I have broken a few retracts on hard landings but the pockets themselves are securely mounted to the wings. Zero issues in that regard.
Bhodi11 is offline Find More Posts by Bhodi11
Old Apr 24, 2015, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by MAMBA2200
Love To Fly
United States, TN, Dandridge
Joined Mar 2013
573 Posts
Thanks for the info guys
MAMBA2200 is offline Find More Posts by MAMBA2200
Old Apr 24, 2015, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
6,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
That's what I did, second hand off here on RCG, great deal and awesome plane. 4 packs today. I can't tell you how many touch and go's... 100?? Probably not but at least 50!
Hahaha, that's fantastic. I can't wait to do that. It may not be a crazy exciting plane, but it looks cool as heck and touch n' go's are a fun with it. It will make an awesome warm up plane for the first flights of a day.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Apr 24, 2015, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by CarToon
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,764 Posts
I was told by a good friend and expert pilot that this will be a good first jet for me, because it is a stable plane, and not crazy fast. I look forward to getting my hands on one!
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by Hondajet
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2008
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarToon View Post
I was told by a good friend and expert pilot that this will be a good first jet for me, because it is a stable plane, and not crazy fast. I look forward to getting my hands on one!
+1 agree on that CarToon !

This F86 was also my abnitio into proper EDF large scale too.

My first .....and really not worth the experience credit....was a small hand launch L39 by Electrifly about 7 years ago. It did not have a very long life as the inrunner engine burnt out after less than 10 flights, and I did not pursue any ducted fan interest past that point, until this F86.

It really sold me on its realistic Jet "Sound"....otherwise I would NOT have considered it, and continuing on to look at the range that Freewing now produces with a similar realistic appeal, in both sound performance and flight handling .

Though, as with all scale Ducted Fan jets this size, you will have to allow for a longer Take Off run to achieve a safe lift off speed and also plan for longer landing approaches, compared to your other propeller craft technology .

Other than that...and having to think "ahead" of this Jet a little when you fly it as your first EDF (even though it is not ballistic! ).....it is quite easy to fly and Rise Off Ground in a scale like manner, once you follow the tips in this thread on the CG placement adjustment, Battery over ESC position and the Tail Sit Test.

My first ROG maiden on this type was an uneventful experience in this Sabre..... it simply flew away solid and stable at the given User Manual photo Elevator Trim position after I rotated with 90% Throttle set, much to my surprise and relief .... allowing for the acceleration and flying speed to build up on that longer takeoff run .....and it was just after that, also to my first landing, in a Flapped and planned long approach with some power still left ON during the Hold Off Flare, and also using it to control the glide slope path at the Landing Attitude all the way to touchdown.

Much the same as the real thing I suppose
Hondajet is offline Find More Posts by Hondajet
Last edited by Hondajet; Yesterday at 01:55 AM.