HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2014, 01:50 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2 View Post
I have both 1450 and 1700 FMS P-51's. I got the 1450 before the 1700 came out and loved it. But now I NEVER,EVER fly the 1450 since the 1700mm.
+1

I started out with the 1450mm P51 v4 and i loved it (though it needed a few mods and retract swaps), i learned a lot from it and it taught me how to fly a low wing warbird. However it is now hanging from the garage ceiling as i went to the FF P51 1700mm when it was released and never looked back. Ive now got the P51, P47, & F4U and the really have a presence in the air and ground. I hope they continue making new warbirds, but at the very least continue to supply parts for the current lineup. Thanks for these 1700mm birds FMS
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2014, 01:30 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMSmodel View Post
Comments noted

By the way, this is also a great place to show off your pretty 1700mm warbirds

For a pretty picture just might get you something pretty in the mail...
What's the word on diamond hobby discontinuing the white 1700mm corsair? Is this just that vendor, that scheme, or evetually all? Same for the P47.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Sep 24, 2014, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2014
72 Posts
i ordered a fms 1700mm corsair v2. i got it early september this month. the instructions said there was a quick detach wing connector mounting system but there is nothing like that just a jumble of wires and one big plug in connector with no real markings other than channel numbers next to multiple connectors.

in the middle you can see the junction and all its extensions im supposed to plug everything into from each wing each time it comes apart. this is not in the manual. the manual shows how to use quick connectors

are the qd connectors optional?? im picking up some at motionrc tomorrow.

459$ foam airplane and the connectors not being in the box as advertised is a bit disappointing.
JonCM is online now Find More Posts by JonCM
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:11 PM
Beno
Australia, SA, Plympton
Joined Sep 2011
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonCM View Post
i ordered a fms 1700mm corsair v2. i got it early september this month. the instructions said there was a quick detach wing connector mounting system but there is nothing like that just a jumble of wires and one big plug in connector with no real markings other than channel numbers next to multiple connectors.

in the middle you can see the junction and all its extensions im supposed to plug everything into from each wing each time it comes apart. this is not in the manual. the manual shows how to use quick connectors

are the qd connectors optional?? im picking up some at motionrc tomorrow.

459$ foam airplane and the connectors not being in the box as advertised is a bit disappointing.
Hi JonCM, It appears this isn't an isolated incident. A chap here in Australia recently purchased the Petie 2nd 1400mm bird and had the exact same issue with missing connectors. The manual was totally different to what he received. He was fortunate that the local hobby store he was dealing with showed some very good customer service and had them shipped in within the week at no charge.

I'm not sure what is happening with FMS, they seem to be dropping the ball a little of late. Don't get me wrong I'm a massive fan of their line up and have a mustang on order. The customer interaction along with product development has certainly dropped off in the last 18 months or so, and this is the second case of parts missing I've come across.

Most businesses are doing it tough globally I guess and FMS would be no different. Maybe they're cutting corners to make ends meet? I could be reading too much in to it also but it does seem strange.

Regards Ben
CustomKid is online now Find More Posts by CustomKid
Old Sep 30, 2014, 08:02 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2010
63 Posts
I want to buy a navyblue Corsair 1700mm but cant find anyone that ships to Europe(Sweden). Does anyone know where I can turn to?
Goofy68 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy68