Old Sep 05, 2014, 07:10 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Which problem are you referring?

Align has had a few revisions, the latest using their metal swash, stronger plastics etc ... (Latest as of this post is part # RH15E03X)
Thanks for your response!

I was referring to any of the original problems, mainly the swashplate separating.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2014, 08:26 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post

I was referring to any of the original problems, mainly the swashplate separating.
I've seen the upgrade plastic swash separate and have an align metal one that looks very solid. The heli has an MH one on at the moment, also fine after many hard flights and light crashes in long grass. I call it an essential upgrade. A stiff frame if you do 3D is very nice and I found the stock tail rotor to be junk. The mini CP or lnyx ones work great.

I had much better luck with the non align main gears but they do seem relatively soft
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Sep 05, 2014, 11:32 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post

Align did redesign the swash, I think twice, I had the upgraded one and it still separated, ripping that tiny new lip/hangover out, the metal swash IMO is needed.

So from the original issues, swash separating, soft main shaft and unfortunately not using the oversky motors anymore, yeah those are still an issue IMO.

However once you use a CF main shaft, upgrade the tail a bit (I use larger blades) do the servo saver mod ... mine is all good and crashes like a boss.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 07, 2014, 11:14 AM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
816 Posts
Am I right in thinking the RH15E03X combo has the latest & upgraded from the first release stronger frame?
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Last edited by WBFAir; Sep 07, 2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2014, 12:30 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Am I right in thinking the RH15E03X combo has the latest & upgraded from the first release stronger frame?
Naw the latest 150 DFC uses the first batch of brittle plastics and took away all the enhancements they've been making.

Just Kidding, yeah should have the v2 plastics or newer also comes with the upgraded metal swash and even the new 43mm tail blades (used to be 41mm)
Old Sep 07, 2014, 12:39 PM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
816 Posts
Thanks, wasn't sure as things for that frame issue were sometime ago an I think the point where the upgrade to the new frame being standard largely went un-touted.

Btw you mentioned a tail blade upgrade, the place I am looking at sells the MH 47MM blades, is this something I should get? Or do the MH ones suck?

Or is the 43 good enough?

With one last question, you mentioned a CF main and as well the only ones they have are MicroHeli, but I think I remembered those did not fit correctly?

Which brand did you use?

Thanks
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Old Sep 08, 2014, 03:59 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Btw you mentioned a tail blade upgrade, the place I am looking at sells the MH 47MM blades, is this something I should get? Or do the MH ones suck?

With one last question, you mentioned a CF main and as well the only ones they have are MicroHeli, but I think I remembered those did not fit correctly?

Which brand did you use?

Thanks
I use the lynx 42mm blades, however will switch to the Align 43's once mine need replacing. I believe the 47mm are for people that stretch their 150's.

I use the Rakon CF main shaft, no need for shims, however you need to cut a small bit of your skids for the screw on the bottom rubbing. I had a MicroHeli CF mainshaft, however the CF was pretty soft and the swash ended up cutting into it was really weird.
Old Sep 09, 2014, 09:16 PM
Fly 'em if you can.
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, wasn't sure as things for that frame issue were sometime ago an I think the point where the upgrade to the new frame being standard largely went un-touted.

Which brand did you use?

Thanks
Hola sir,

I used the rakhon heli cf main frame and love the thing. I have placed them on both my 150's
leedude1 is offline Find More Posts by leedude1
Old Sep 21, 2014, 03:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,610 Posts
Can anyone see the alu motor mount for sale anywhere for the MH advanced X frame? Seems it's not listed anywhere on their site but with the full frame. I have the original junk carbon mount they released first and want to replace it. Waiting for a reply but would happily order else where.
http://www.microheli.com/heli-upgrad...html?limit=100

Also has anyone tried the H factor frame listed on the previous page yet? If MH don't sell their frame parts separately because they have tons of stock of rubbish carbon ones they need to palm off on people then they have the last of my money.
http://www.hobby-direct.com/trex-150...lver_g373.html
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend