HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2013, 04:22 PM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
Great find ,That looks good Pelle i could be tempted with one
Any help or advice on this head would be a great help.

phil.
madphil is offline Find More Posts by madphil
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle57 View Post
I try to look for some alternative scale had instead of the one mentioned in this thread before.

Have anyone tried this head with 600 mech and 800 blades??

Attachment 5795489

Saw it on Skyhunters......http://www.skyhunterhobbys.com/Trex-...m-UH-1600H.htm

Best regards / Pelle
Yep, that's the one I'm talking about..... The other problem with it is that the grips are too small for anything bigger than 690 blades (12mm grips)

And, to answer your last question, I went back to my custom flybarless head that I have been flying....It's not scale.. but it flies great and is flybarless..

I have been waiting..(2 years) for a "flapping blade" scale head that Kin was going to build me w/12mm shaft.. but, have yet to see it.
coptercptn is offline Find More Posts by coptercptn
Old May 20, 2013, 11:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
Yep, that's the one I'm talking about..... The other problem with it is that the grips are too small for anything bigger than 690 blades (12mm grips)

And, to answer your last question, I went back to my custom flybarless head that I have been flying....It's not scale.. but it flies great and is flybarless..

I have been waiting..(2 years) for a "flapping blade" scale head that Kin was going to build me w/12mm shaft.. but, have yet to see it.
Ohh... so you mean when accident happened it was a head like this one........? Name: 13225186817151150129934.jpeg
Views: 58
Size: 54.3 KB
Description:

Best regards
Pelle
Pelle57 is offline Find More Posts by Pelle57
Old May 21, 2013, 08:06 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle57 View Post
Ohh... so you mean when accident happened it was a head like this one........? Attachment 5796726

Best regards
Pelle
exactly!! cept the 12mm version. It's made by CNC products. In his defense, He did send me parts to fix it... but, I don't know if I want to take the chance ? Also the blade grips are too small for my 810mm blades.
Old May 21, 2013, 08:57 AM
Joined Sep 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
exactly!! cept the 12mm version. It's made by CNC products. In his defense, He did send me parts to fix it... but, I don't know if I want to take the chance ? Also the blade grips are too small for my 810mm blades.
Ok. Then I know. I have also looked for the flapping head Kin sold before, that head looks nice, but I don't know if the 10mm version had 14mm blade grips. I don't know if the 2 UH-1 heads he had were different more than the shaft size 10 and 12 mm.

But anyway....they are out of stock!!

Best regards / Pelle
Pelle57 is offline Find More Posts by Pelle57
Old May 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
FYI , Kin has partnered up with DEAO now but he is still showing the UH-1 head in stock and for sale on his SmartModel website but it is only available in 10mm shaft with 14mm grips. They always used a T-Rex type 600 mechanics in their 800 size UH-1 they just changed the side frames and used their own design which is the reason for the 10mm shaft.

I only heard a very few reveiws about it and they never seemed to be very good , never really got to many details on it but that he made it backwards or upsidedown .
He put the teeter bearing at the top and most people thought it should have been like the real 1:1 and on the bottom however he did get the blade dihedral correct.

DEAO is now making a new line on scale heads that is pretty much a direct clone of the Vario 2 bolt blade grip that worked so well for them. They have a thread on here so it might be worth asking if there is any plans to bring it back or maybe redesign it to look more like the correct 1:1 head.

http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...9&third_id=230

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1875431
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old May 21, 2013, 05:39 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
FYI , Kin has partnered up with DEAO now but he is still showing the UH-1 head in stock and for sale on his SmartModel website but it is only available in 10mm shaft with 14mm grips. They always used a T-Rex type 600 mechanics in their 800 size UH-1 they just changed the side frames and used their own design which is the reason for the 10mm shaft.

I only heard a very few reveiws about it and they never seemed to be very good , never really got to many details on it but that he made it backwards or upsidedown .
He put the teeter bearing at the top and most people thought it should have been like the real 1:1 and on the bottom however he did get the blade dihedral correct.

DEAO is now making a new line on scale heads that is pretty much a direct clone of the Vario 2 bolt blade grip that worked so well for them. They have a thread on here so it might be worth asking if there is any plans to bring it back or maybe redesign it to look more like the correct 1:1 head.

http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...9&third_id=230

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1875431
Yes I have conversed with DEAO at length and he seems like a good guy. Hopefully Kin's lack of performance on items "promised" will not affect his decision making.
But , no, there is no plan to re-introduce or build a "Scale" Huey head.
And the "Flapping head" unit is only available in 10mm shaft size. I was promised a 12mm one 2 yrs ago.. to date none has surfaced...?
Old May 21, 2013, 07:10 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
Your not the only one who Kin failed to fulfill his promises to , I ended up with many people disappointed with his lack to fulfill the promises he had made to me.
I have heard from many others who ended up thousands in the hole as they ordered fuslages and other items from him that he was not able to fill eather.

The one thing I don't understand about these HK companies is the way they announce months in advance about products they plan on coming out with. It seems to me if they would just wait till they have stock to sell then make an annoucement they would fair out a lot better and than wouldn't get caught with their pants down when they can't produce.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old May 23, 2013, 08:21 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Your not the only one who Kin failed to fulfill his promises to , I ended up with many people disappointed with his lack to fulfill the promises he had made to me.
I have heard from many others who ended up thousands in the hole as they ordered fuslages and other items from him that he was not able to fill eather.

The one thing I don't understand about these HK companies is the way they announce months in advance about products they plan on coming out with. It seems to me if they would just wait till they have stock to sell then make an annoucement they would fair out a lot better and than wouldn't get caught with their pants down when they can't produce.
YEP!!!
Old May 23, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Apr 2013
60 Posts
gues this is now a kin bashing thread . talk about thread hijacking
helicrazy1 is offline Find More Posts by helicrazy1