Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:08 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
How can I get in touch with the EU consumer directive
I returned 2 boards toe Jussi and he's nowhere to found.
This is the message I got: http://www.postdanmark.dk/en/tracktr...0LX800767911CA
Bill
I believe I asked you to send these to my private adress and send them unregistered....But I gather that it was sent registered to the company adress! I dont go there everyday to check post, so if you sent it registered to the company adress, its probably already been returned to you!

If people dont listen to the instructions I give or advise me that a registered parcel has been sent to me, it can very well sit there for 2 weeks and then be returned.

I tell people "send it unregistered to my private adress" and people still send it registered to the company adress". I simply dont drive 50 km to go and pick up post in copenhagen because people dont listen to what I tell them!

However, I will send the replacements to you on thursday.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:31 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
There“s obviously something wrong with the delivery.
1st delivery attempt was on 10/2/2014 1:09 PM. 2 hours 20 mins later it was back in the distribution terminal and at the same time 3:29 PM there was another attempt?
This can“t be right.

Maybe he never got a notification?

Jussi is on a short vacation and will be back on Wednesday - will forward your message to him...
Thank you I appreciate that., I just hope they don't return it to me. I paid $46 to have it shipped.
Bill
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:36 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
I believe I asked you to send these to my private adress and send them unregistered....But I gather that it was sent registered to the company adress! I dont go there everyday to check post, so if you sent it registered to the company adress, its probably already been returned to you!

If people dont listen to the instructions I give or advise me that a registered parcel has been sent to me, it can very well sit there for 2 weeks and then be returned.

I tell people "send it unregistered to my private adress" and people still send it registered to the company adress". I simply dont drive 50 km to go and pick up post in copenhagen because people dont listen to what I tell them!

However, I will send the replacements to you on thursday.
Thank you Jussi I still don't have your home address.
Bill
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Oct 14, 2014, 02:23 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voguna View Post
Check up in the left corner.:

I need to have a adapter to use these pins. But do I need to use these to connect the IMU? Can I use them on the "YAW", like I do in the picture?
Check with a multimeter between the SDA / SCL pins from left corner and "YAW" marked square, I'd say you'll get continuity. I have an older version of the main board and mine is different, I have only the YAW marked zone. All this i2C trouble is caused because the manufacturers of different Alexmoss boards versions, created their own solution for connecting the 3rd axis board and involving no soldering operations for the end user. That is why most people are confused about where to connect the IMU, which i2C port and so on.
Things are simple: you have to connect SDA, SCL pins of the main board, 3rd axis board and IMU in parallel and using as short wires as is possible. Also you have to power up the IMU chip with 5V and take care not to double the ground circuit (avoid ground loop). You can get +5V from the main board or from the expansion board...power up your IMU from one of these only.
Unfortunately my board is very tight packed along the gimbal and I couldn't take any relevant picture. Besides I don't have it at my place, a friend of mine hosts it with his hexa.
So, in conclusion, you can connect all the I2C devices in parallel no matter where the SCL and SDA pins are situated on the board.
futurebreeze is online now Find More Posts by futurebreeze
Old Oct 14, 2014, 02:43 PM
Kragerų, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
724 Posts
But jeez I struggle to set it up witht he right PID settings. The motors are drifting and when I move the sensor, its to sensitive and just a slight movement in the IMU sensor, kicks the whole camera back or forward. Thanks for the understanding regarding the I2C confusion. I will use the YAW pins then Thanks. I just tried it. No I2C errors, but I just use 2 axis to start with and check if it works. It will not hold my camera, and its to weak. Basically what does the P and I and D do?

I have set the PID to 30,0.19,26 on the pitch and without the camera it stabelize it. But the motor is jittering a little. The roll axis settings are just something I also found on youtube, and is 46,0.23,40. If I understood the PIDs a bit better, maybe I could make this work
Voguna is offline Find More Posts by Voguna
Last edited by Voguna; Oct 14, 2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:42 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
422 Posts
I think it was said in this thread many times: before everything you have to make sure your gimbal + camera assembly is mechanically very well balanced. After that proceed to AUTO and set the INVERT and NUM. POLES setttings. You'll find how to do it in Alexmos manual. But maybe you have already done that.
You may start to tweak the PID for one axis, just to see the impact of every P, I or D over the gimbal. But, a Garug said the final tweak has to be done with all the axis active. Don't send maximum power to the engines right from the start, begin with moderate values and observe the gimbal tendency. If the gimbal is slightly unbalanced, adding more power won't override this at all but re-balancing will do.
Make sure that your IMU is firmly attached to the gimbal, any soft thick double adhesive tape will produce weird engines movements. Also, take care with the IMU wires, they have to be long enough so they don't limit the gimbal movement.
For fine tuning I used the GUI interface, more precisely the 3 gauges on the right side. I observed the blue figures for every axis while I was moving the hexacopter with my hands. Those blue numbers must be as low as possible, the lower the number, the more stable gimbal you will have.
Finally, I want to share a little video sample, shot with my gimbal (an ex 2axis converted to 3 axis GoPro gimbal), to illustrate that following all that I said before can lead you to the right output. The video is untouched in terms of stabilization, I only applied some grading (too much though).
fpv de duminica (0 min 36 sec)
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:23 AM
Kragerų, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
724 Posts
Now suddenly the IMU went up in smoke. The pins I have used all the time, suddenly gave 12V from the battery in the pins I used. I have one spare, but what the **** happened? Went from 5 V to 12 v just like that? Is the board destroyed?

Now it doesnt find the IMU sensor. I had one spare, so I replaced the burnt out with the new one, and it powers up via another 5v source. But the board doesnt know the IMU sensor is connected. All this happened after the other IMU sensor was burnt up, and I replaced it.
Last edited by Voguna; Oct 15, 2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 09:12 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
422 Posts
I guess you accidentaly connected the 12V rail to the 5V one, electronics get burnt often due to human error .
Anyway, you should check with a voltmeter your 5V rail which powers the IMU chip. Those 7805 chips have all kind of protections and probably just some PCB trace was melted... or not, you have to check it.
I don't know your hardware skills, especially when it's about SMD parts... if your expertise is poor maybe it better to get help from a tehnician or something, those nasty little SMDs things can be very annoying sometimes .
Right now, the best approach for debuggind is to disassemble all the boards, check the wires / connectors, measure voltages and try a warm start: disconnect the gimbal motors and power the main board by USB.
Good luck!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:52 AM
Kragerų, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
724 Posts
Thanks Got It to work again now! But what can the cause be when the Pitch is spinning? I calibrate the gyro and acc, and it works again. But its a problem, when I dont have it connected to the PC. I do have some I2C errors, but I guess its because of the motors. i will have ferrite rings on all motor wires asap, but the pitch spinning is a problem..
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:05 PM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
422 Posts
On pitch axis try to change the state of INVERT checkbox in GUI windows. How about the number of poles, were they detected OK during AUTO?
You have a gimbal for DSLR so I guess the IMU wires are long, put a ferrite bead on them too.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 05:42 PM
Joined Jul 2013
34 Posts
Hi guys I need some help setting up my AlexMos Simple BGC V2.2 Simple Brushless Gimbal... I cant find any info on it anywhere. A manual would also be very helpful.. I have attached some pictures. Im using a Naza V2 I know F1/F2 ports on it are connected to the gimbals pins somewhere? Thanks in advanced for any help. I'm super confused . Some clarification on its setup, Wiring to FC .. If more info from me is need just ask. I'm struggling with this last part of my build. I'm assuming I don't need to mess with the software? If I do I will ask later for help with that part. The pins on the control board where does F1 and F2 plug into. I have conted it to the battery it does work the only thing I think I need is to control the 360 deg view motor or top motor(yaw?) I would like to spin the camera to the back or side it I want to. The pitch and roll are fin the way they are.

Thanks
hammerhead571 is offline Find More Posts by hammerhead571
Last edited by hammerhead571; Oct 16, 2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:48 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
422 Posts
Alexmos simple BGC manual. It is not compulsory to attach NAZA controller to the Almos board, the stabilization works great without connecting to a FC.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:23 AM
Joined Jul 2013
34 Posts
I would like to turn it 90 deg or 180 deg so I can have a look around without moving the hex. If that's not possible I will live with turning the bird around to look at what I want. The Gimbal is great no issues tracks fine in all directions.. Has the latest firmware on it. Here is my rig.. The top camera is not a Gopro.. I put a Fatshark 600tvl inside the Gopro housing.. I need to adjust it it'a bit off center..
hammerhead571 is offline Find More Posts by hammerhead571
Last edited by hammerhead571; Oct 18, 2014 at 04:54 PM.