SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 09, 2014, 04:24 AM
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
4,097 Posts
I was wondering if a few peeps could test out a new little app that I wrote to automate the setup of the build system.

I know there is the flashtool but some peeps [myself included] like to "build their own" but after answering dozens of the same questions on why the build fails I wrote a little app that does all the setup work for you.
It downloads the proper Arduino IDE
it downloads MPNG 3.0.1 RC4
It creates all the needed directories and files
It extracts both the above into the proper directories
It then asks you for frame type
It then asks you for Board
It then asks you which GPS
Finally it then asks which Encoder and Channel type

Then it launches Arduino IDE and all you have to do is select which com port your board is on and click the upload button.

I still have some graphical issues on XP to work out but I have tested it on XP/7/8/8.1 and it works pretty good so far.

It's still very raw in that I have a TON of documentation to finish for each step but it can't do anything bad to the system, so it's pretty safe to run.

I was wondering if I could get a few peeps with different boards/GPS's to maybe give it a try and let me know if you run into any issues with it.

If you're brave and want to help me test it please PM me and I'll give you the link to download the installer.

TheQuestor is offline Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2014, 09:46 AM
Rocky Mountain High and Higher
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
That is a cool app, wish I could try it out. Anyway, who could I send my HK FC board to so they can tell me if it is crap or not. Maybe someone can direct me to supplier that has quality FC boards and components. I have come to the conclusion that my FC board is a POS. But that can be expected from HK LOL.
PROACE is offline Find More Posts by PROACE
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:05 AM
Joined Mar 2013
4,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROACE View Post
That is a cool app, wish I could try it out. Anyway, who could I send my HK FC board to so they can tell me if it is crap or not. Maybe someone can direct me to supplier that has quality FC boards and components. I have come to the conclusion that my FC board is a POS. But that can be expected from HK LOL.
Why do you think it's a POS? It's an OK board. I'd be willing to test it for you for the cost of shipping.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:33 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
TheQuestor, POS is my typical response to a lot of HK items I purchase but for the price well worth the aggravation. LOL
I am sure the majority of issues I am having is due to my lack of knowledge of the product.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 05:27 PM
United Kingdom, Strathaven
Joined Feb 2014
3 Posts
Has anyone tested drift mode on the HK multiwii?
I thought it may have been the compass set up wrong but I have now got it set ok with a "yaw 90" setting.
When switching to drift mode my quad is climbing at a 45 degree angle towards the north and it does not respond to any of the controls, it has to be recovered by switching back to stabilise mode.
Loiter, alt hold, acro and circle seem to be ok.
Kopterkev is offline Find More Posts by Kopterkev
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:58 AM
Joined Jun 2009
255 Posts
If anyone is willing to join me and trying to start a CP version of this software PM me.....

I have been wanting to do a CP quad before I even started into multirotors.

CP = Collective Pitch

I personally think its the future of multirotors. (I'm not thinking of the stringray type CP quad. More like a precision heavy lift CP quad......
jt41time is offline Find More Posts by jt41time
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:52 AM
USA, MO, Lake St Louis
Joined Feb 2006
28 Posts
Pm sent
madgadget is offline Find More Posts by madgadget
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:16 AM
Joined Jun 2009
255 Posts
i didnt see a PM....?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:08 PM
Joined Jun 2009
255 Posts
Is this thread dead??????

Nothing new?
Nothing Old?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 04:13 PM
Joined Jun 2009
255 Posts
Since I can't use serial 0 because of the flight case for my 3dr radio. What port do I use and what speed? GPS is on 2 at 115. Radio is also set to 115. I can't find any code that I can understand about changing port speed on the other ports. Just serial 2......
Old Mar 23, 2014, 05:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt41time View Post
Is this thread dead??????

Nothing new?
Nothing Old?
Hasn't it been slowly dying for years? There has been some off topic discussion about other boards going on here. Keeping it alive, the MPNG developer has provided some recent updates on firmware for this board and there are still a few people actively offering help.

The HK board is really old and limited, compared to the only slightly more expensive APM clones. Most people that were active at the start have moved on. The original post still have some useful information but the poster moved on somewhere around December 2012, recommending that people purchase other boards.

Even those that have been active here more recently are in the APM threads, suggesting they moved on from the HK MulitWii Pro board. Good luck to those that are left behind.
Robert_AU is online now Find More Posts by Robert_AU
Old Mar 23, 2014, 05:47 PM
Joined Mar 2013
4,097 Posts
Quote:
Since I can't use serial 0 because of the flight case for my 3dr radio. What port do I use and what speed? GPS is on 2 at 115. Radio is also set to 115. I can't find any code that I can understand about changing port speed on the other ports. Just serial 2......
In APM_Config.h try this

change

// GPS port speed (Serial2) 38400 by default
//#define SERIAL2_BAUD 38400

to

// GPS port speed (Serial2) 38400 by default
#define SERIAL1_BAUD 115200 //Bluetooth
#define SERIAL2_BAUD 38400 // GPS
#define SERIAL3_BAUD 57600 //3DR Radio

then compile and upload
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:19 AM
Joined Jun 2009
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_AU View Post
Hasn't it been slowly dying for years? There has been some off topic discussion about other boards going on here. Keeping it alive, the MPNG developer has provided some recent updates on firmware for this board and there are still a few people actively offering help.

The HK board is really old and limited, compared to the only slightly more expensive APM clones. Most people that were active at the start have moved on. The original post still have some useful information but the poster moved on somewhere around December 2012, recommending that people purchase other boards.

Even those that have been active here more recently are in the APM threads, suggesting they moved on from the HK MulitWii Pro board. Good luck to those that are left behind.
Its funny you say that.... I have a APM clone in my shopping cart right now..... I'll save this HK board for flying around and APM to fly its self.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 05:12 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Its funny you say that.... I have a APM clone in my shopping cart right now..... I'll save this HK board for flying around and APM to fly its self.
I went the other way, starting with an APM 2.0 (3DR) before trying the HK MulitWiiPro with MPNG. I was curios to see if this cheap board could get similar performance to my APM. It didn't even get close. It is still fun to fly and gives me a quad that my friends and family can fly, without my caring if they kill it.

The MPNG developer has done a great job porting arducopter but it isn't reasonable to expect that he would get around the hardware limitations of this board.

In case you haven't already found them, there is a lot of detailed information in these links to get your new APM flying:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2053670

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/table-of-contents/

If you are interested in a possible upgrade, this thread has some interesting ideas:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2102706
Robert_AU is online now Find More Posts by Robert_AU
Old Mar 24, 2014, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Let it be known TheQuestor has done an amazing job of saving my HK FC board! It will now fly on the model and not into the trash as I intended.
Closed Thread