SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:00 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Thanks tech. Is there pc software for the kk or are we stuck with lcd only?
LCD but if yours is broke they have a fix for that
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:39 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
What size props can be used with the mini v tail
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:42 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
I spoke with matt at op and he is gunna help me do a custom mix for it.... Cc3d vtail enroute. Ill put my kk back into my disco. I have some tiger motors in my shop but i think ill go for a size up. Whata a suggest case size im thinkin 600-775 kv for 10"
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:51 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
What size props can be used with the mini v tail
5" for the back. The front can handle 6", as long as your motors can handle them.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
5" for the back. The front can handle 6", as long as your motors can handle them.

-K
Sorry for all the ? But what are the biggest motors I can use
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Find out the size of the motor mounts... On the 400/500 u can fit up to 30 mm cans max, so like a 2814/ whatever
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:59 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Sorry for all the ? But what are the biggest motors I can use
My mini is back with Luis right now having some work done so I can't measure the physical size of the mount hole, but I think those measurements are somewhere in this thread. From a weight standpoint, it's designed for something in the 10-15 gram range. I believe Eric designed the prototype with HobbyKing 10 gram motors. I used iPower 1811-13 (2000kv, 10gram) motors from gothelirc (mainly because I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for a HK order to arrive). I can't recommend them at this time though, as I had serious power (or lack thereof) issues with them. That's the main reason it's back with Luis, he's trying some different motors on it for me.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
I spoke with matt at op and he is gunna help me do a custom mix for it.... Cc3d vtail enroute. Ill put my kk back into my disco. I have some tiger motors in my shop but i think ill go for a size up. Whata a suggest case size im thinkin 600-775 kv for 10"
I'd be interested in that mix when you get it figured out. I've got a CC3D sittign here and a V400 frame on the way.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:33 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
I'd be interested in that mix when you get it figured out. I've got a CC3D sittign here and a V400 frame on the way.

-K
My frames about a couple weeks probably, Ill post a link here to the OP forum thread when Matt helps me make the mix and tune it!
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:03 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
I used iPower 1811-13 (2000kv, 10gram) motors from gothelirc (mainly because I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for a HK order to arrive). I can't recommend them at this time though, as I had serious power (or lack thereof) issues with them.

-K
Just to clarify that, it's the 2000kv iPower motors I can't recommend. I recommend gothelirc in general very highly.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
Just to clarify that, it's the 2000kv iPower motors I can't recommend. I recommend gothelirc in general very highly.

-K
2000kv eh, was that on the mini?
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:16 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
2000kv eh, was that on the mini?
Yes, that was in response to tech69x's question about the mini. I run that one with a MultiWii.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
I have never run something on props that size when i saw 2000 kv i was like whaaat lol. Whats the preemo motor of choice on the 500 vtail at this point?
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
60 Posts
I've since switched to 2830-1290kv motors using the 10x5 props on my 500mm hunter. A lot more power than my 2830-920kv and you get hover at exactly 50% throttle.
AlmostCool is offline Find More Posts by AlmostCool
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostCool View Post
I've since switched to 2830-1290kv motors using the 10x5 props on my 500mm hunter. A lot more power than my 2830-920kv and you get hover at exactly 50% throttle.
Picture ;-)
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 09:41 PM